Studio Update: Valspar Paint

I couldn’t be more excited about how things are coming along with my new studio space. Everything was finally cleared out of our barn (before photos), we’ve sheet-rocked some of the walls and just finished the painting process. How wonderful that the entire barn studio paint project was sponsored by Valspar® from Lowe’s!NSI_Lowes_logo_280_116 I spent a good deal of time agonizing over colors for the new studio. It’s in my nature to gravitate towards a safe, off-white for the walls and white for the trim. But ultimately decided to embrace creativity, choosing more dramatic colors from Valspar®.JSIM-Valspar We started our painting project with Valspar® Latex Primer – Sealer for New Dry Wall for the new, sheet-rocked ceiling and the newly sheet-rocked loft wall in the back of the room. Here’s Mr. Wonderful painting the ceiling with the primer.JSIM-Valspar-7 The selection of Valspar® colors and hues is so enormous, it could be quite an overwhelming task to narrow down colors, however there are several systems in place help you choose the best colors for your project.JSIM-Valspar-1 I drove directly to Lowe’s where there are great point-of-sale portfolios of beautiful photo and paint chip suggestions, combinations and ideas. JSIM-Valspar-2Also, the Valspar® website allows you to try out colors for your space on their online Virtual Painter. Valspar® even has a ProjectPaint App that helps you select great colors and start planning paint projects.JSIM-Valspar-3When choosing colors, I brought along a swatch of upholstery cut from the underside of my vintage green sofa and one board of my new Pergo flooring to Lowe’s and found two coordinating colors for my studio. I chose Heart of Palm, which is a lovely light yellow, and Greek Tapenade, a funky yellow-green to add a nice vintage punch to the far wall of the studio. I also chose Ultra White for the ceiling and trim.JSIM-Valspar-6JSIM-Valspar-5Cathe-Holden-Studio-Paint-4Cathe-Holden-Studio-Paint-1 Cathe-Holden-Studio-Paint-2With the painting officially finished today, the next step of the barn studio project is the Pergo flooring that will be going in tomorrow while I’m out of town at CHA. During this process, I’ve been brainstorming the placement of all my furnishings and supplies.Cathe-Holden-Studio-Paint-3 I can’t wait to share more studio progress soon!

This entry was posted in studio, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Studio Update: Valspar Paint

1. #1 - maggie raguse says:

Cathe–it’s fabulous!! What a transformation of your ‘barn’. It looks like a dream. The space is huge, but the high ceiling makes it seem even huger. It’s going to be such an airy and light place to be creative. The colors you chose are da bomb!!

How fun it’s going to be coming home from CHA to the new paint AND new floors!

2. #2 - Debra NaDell says:

Cathe, I am so happy for you!!! It is going to be so beautiful. You have such good taste. I cannot wait to see it when it is finished ;D) And bless your husband for being involved….true love!

3. #3 - Wendy says:

It is gleeful and full of promise! I can’t wait for the next installment of this journey!

4. #4 - Tracy says:

I am so eager to see the completed project!

5. #5 - Celine says:

I can’t wait for the big reveal. How exciting for you!!! Glad you have your Mr. Wonderful, I know I’d be lost without mine. :)

6. #6 - Mary Wolf says:

What a wonderful bright and cheery studio space, Cathe! I can’t wait to see the finished project and all the creative new ideas you’ll come up with in it!

7. #7 - Sarah says:

Love, love, love the colors and am envious of all the space!

8. #8 - Mary Ann Potter says:

Beautiful color choices, Cathe. I love the paint department at Lowe’s. I always pick up several color cards – the bigger ones – to use in my art and to get inspiration. Fun!

9. #9 - Centsational Girl says:

That is looking fabulous my friend! Have fun at CHA, can’t wait to see more progress, it’s your dream coming true!
    xo
    Kate

10. #11 - Linda S says:

Wow, what a great space you have. It’s unbelievable how your barn space has progressed into such a great craft room. You’re so lucky to have such a large area available to you. Most of us, especially me, would give our left arm for a room of that magnitude. Can’t wait to see the finished room.
    Love following the progress on your room and your wonderful blog.
    Hugs,
    Linda

11. #12 - Patti Gramza says:

Cathe,
    I saw your GINORMOUS studio space and just flipped! How glorious this is going to be! WOW and what a lucky you! I will watch for future progress, but man………..this is some Art-Queen’s room for sure! :)
    Hugs,Patti

12. #13 - Patti Gramza says:

One more thing Cathe,…………
    GO PACKERS!
    Hugs,Patti

13. #14 - Elaine says:

So exciting! Can’t wait to see how it all comes together at the finish.

14. #15 - Dorothy says:

Once the painting is done things should fall into place more quickly. Can’t wait to see it all done!

15. #16 - Julia D. says:

Looking good for sure! Love the colors you decided on and can’t wait to see what comes next. You’re sure lucky to have all this space to yourself. I’m sure you will have such great fun decorating now!

16. Pingback: Cathe Holden’s Inspired Barn Workshop Studio Tour | Just Something I Made