Tent Camping: Free Clip Art & Typeface

Lest you think I’ve just been slacking on my blog over the last week, I should tell you that I finally took some time off to enjoy a week of tent camping with my family and dear friends. We camped on one family’s gold mining claim along the Hopkins Creek, a tributary to the Feather River in the Sierra Mountains of Northern California. Complete bliss. Also referred to as Quincy. Though this was only my second Quincy camping trip (first about 25 years ago,) most of the families have been going annually for 30 years. My husband has taken our kids there every summer since they were tots.I wanted to share a few shots from the trip- and to reward you for sitting through my vacation photos, a free digital download is awaiting you at the end!

Reclined in a camp chair, I read along the creek’s bank to the sound of rushing water. A Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers was my book of choice for the week.Does anything taste better than camp coffee in the morning? I don’t think so.We 4-wheel climbed up a very treacherous mountain road only to find a favorite swimming hole had all but dried up.Nelson Creek, another favorite swimming, bathing and fishing hole, was a pure oasis, and a hike I’ll not soon forget.Breakfasts and dinners are scheduled and divided up among the families. My husband is an incredible cast iron chef.  He made Biscuits & Gravy, Chicken Pot Pie, Mexican Lasagna, Pulled Pork w/Polenta, Apple Pie and Blackberry Crisp. Heavenly.This was Charlotte’s first camping experience. No stick was safe.God’s beauty was in all things everywhere.Friendship anklets were crafted. I brought along my Sharpies for camp tattoos (see more Sharpie tattoos here.) The teenage girls requested matching script.A henna hand…and a half sleeve.This beautiful serving table flower arrangement was picked by camper Lisa.Fly fishing is the camp sport at Quincy. My son and friend fished up and down the creek for miles and miles on most days.This was a rare sighting of our dogs not running around, (photo taken by my daughter, Jamie.) Quincy is a 24-hour playground for pups.Though we all camped in standard issue Coleman-style shelters, in keeping with the tent theme, here are some sweet vintage illustrations for you to enjoy. Click on the image below for a FREE PDF file of clip art (c.1920) and a rustic wood typeface (c. 1880) from my antique book library.

This entry was posted in Camping, Free Clip Art, Free PDF files, Typography, Uncategorized, vacation. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Tent Camping: Free Clip Art & Typeface

1. #1 - Cynthia says:

OH WOW. Thanks so much for sharing the scenery–absolutely gorgeous! And those tattoos blew me away!!!!

2. #2 - Suzy-Homemaker says:

Wow…looks idyllic what a nice break!
    And, I want a Sharpie-tattoo.

3. #3 - Wendy Orme says:

Awesome vacation! Thanks for the freebie…I love all your work.

4. #4 - Terri says:

My husband and I love Quincy also. Although we haven’t camped there, we’ve visited the area/creeks/river many times. I agree with you – it is a heavenly spot.

5. #5 - Julia D. says:

What a glorious place to camp. I love places like that and how food always taste so much better out camping. Glad you had a great time with your family and friends. Thanks for the darling tent and letter graphics too.

6. #6 - Cath says:

Oh my word, what an absolute picturesque vacation.
    Camping at its best, thanks for sharing.

7. #7 - mary newton says:

How fun! We used to do Sharpie tatoos at our family beach trips.

8. #8 - Nancy says:

Looks like a gorgeous and relaxing area! No one did any panning for gold in the river? Thanks for the great graphics!

9. #9 - random nicole says:

cathe!
    Loving this post…my lifelong dream was to go camping and I finally went last year-and I became quickly addicted. Your post just reminded me it’s time to plan another trip. Your sharpie tattoos are out of control awesome!

10. #10 - Margie says:

Looks like a LOVELY spot to camp at! I would love to be sitting beside the creek reading a Francine Rivers book! 🙂

11. Pingback: CraftCrave | Blog | Freebies for Printable Scrapbooking or Cardmaking (large): Tuesday, 31 Jul 2012

12. #11 - Tracy says:

While I confess to not being a camper (at all), your photos are wonderful and I love the book recommendations!

13. #12 - Heather says:

Thanks so much for the camping typeface – just in time for me to scrapbook our own family tent-camping trip! If you’re a fan of Francine Rivers, I thought I should mention, I think she’s local to you. I met her about 20 years ago, and at the time she and her family were living in Windsor. I don’t know if that’s still the case, but keep your eyes open when you’re out & about just in case. 🙂

14. #13 - Amanda S says:

I want to go camping now and preferably there! What kind of dogs do yo u have? They are adorable!

15. #14 - Connie says:

I am sorry to take so long to write and thank you for your response to my request, but like you, we were away on holidays, and I did not see your reply until we returned. I really appreciate your generosity, and have enjoyed your blog for years. Thanks so much Cathe for all that you are and do.

16. #15 - Ashley says:

oh my gosh… I am so jealous! It looks like you had an amazing time!! 🙂 and I haven’t read that book yet- but I LOVE Francine Rivers!! 🙂

17. #16 - Trisha says:

What a beautiful camp spot! Thanks for sharing those photos! And, thank you for the tents and typeface share! Wonderful!

18. #17 - kim@too much time says:

Hey!
    Your camping trip looks absolutely wonderful! Last time we went camping we were fined by a forest ranger for picking wildflowers for a table arrangement for my friend’s birthday! Ha Ha! I mean, I get it, protect nature and all, but really?

Thanks for these freebies, i am downloading now!
    Kim

19. #18 - Joan Hungrige says:

A friend told me how much she enjoyed the items shown on your blog and now I can see what she was talking about. So happy she gave me your address. Love the bee hives and can hardly wait to use them with some of the decorations I plan for Thanksgiving . I plan on being a regular visitor.

20. #19 - Ursula says:

Wow I never really went camping…Your pictures are beautiful!

21. #20 - Z. says:

You *had* to push me through all that beauty to get to the download printable? That was torture! I *wish* I could do that beeeuutiful camping again, UGH. Does anything taste better than coffee at camp time??? Don’t even ask!!!

22. #21 - SuzyQ says:

How on earth do you make camping look sexy??

(thinkin’ about you!)