Barn Studio Progress: Containers

Behold: My driveway with two 8′ x 20′ storage containers. Lovely, no? These two beasts will be housing my craft stash for the next few months during the making of the barn studio. I’ve only begun to move shelves and bins into the units, doing my best to keep things somewhat in order so I can access materials and supplies as easily as possible during the transition. Some bins need their contents organized, but I’ll wait until I’m ready to move them into the barn for good, no need to organize twice. Here are a few of my drawer units already in. Over the next week I hope to get all the tables, chairs and other furniture in the containers as well.. This is all in an effort to clear out my current studio and the crafty overflow that has taken over our garage and move things currently in the barn into those areas. Then we can begin the necessary barn work such as building a ceiling, lighting, painting, flooring, plumbing, electrical, and likely a few more things we’ve yet to think of. It’s going to be a very, very busy summer!

This entry was posted in Barn Studio. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Barn Studio Progress: Containers

1. #1 - Cindy G. says:

All hail the Rubbermaid storage bin! And, I am thoroughly impressed with the size of your craft stash! I thought mine was a bit over the top, so now I feel a bit better :) Can’t wait to see the barn project once it’s finished and all of your craft supplies are happily ensconced in their new digs!

2. #2 - Mary Ann Potter says:

Impressive! I know you’re having a great time with all of this! Right now I have all I can do to keep my stuff organized in spite of being in the middle of a miniature building project. Stuff all over the floor and the scent of balsa wood in the air…ahhh!

3. #3 - martina says:

Oh how I wished I lived nearby and could help you get th barn built and organize it…and then go to your craft seminars in the new barn!

4. #4 - Kit says:

I am bookmarking this collection of photos to pull up when ever my husband fusses about my junk! Good luck with your big, big job.

5. #5 - JoanQ says:

Cathe, I am supremely jealous! To be able to renovate such a space, first of all. And then to behold that incredible collection you have. AMAZING..ah to be surrounded with so much magic! Best wishes!

6. #6 - Debby NaDell says:

I am so happy for you!! It is going to be so nice when you have it all done. I know it is going to be beautiful. Look forward to seeing the progress.

7. #7 - Robin says:

Oh my gosh ~ I thought I had a lot of crafting supplies ~ you got my beat by a landslide!!!
    How wonderful to have a studio in a barn ~ hope you show your progress as you move forward!
    Have fun!!!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

8. #8 - Annie says:

Wow! That’s a lot of crafts stuff! I love those drawer units, too.

9. #9 - maggie raguse says:

WOWZERS, Cathe!!

It’s going to be so much fun to watch your progress! You think things out so thoroughly…I know it’s going to be absolutely wonderful. And a LOT of hard work. You rock.

10. #10 - Annika says:

Wow, what a project. You must be pretty excited about a new studio. I dream about building a studio, can’t wait for it to happen one day.

Looking forward to see your final result.
    Happy building!

Annika

11. #11 - Tracy Wright says:

Wow is what came to my mind as well! Anyone with a stash like you have truly deserves (and needs) a barn.
    I’m thrilled to be taking your classes in September at Art is You and really looking forward to having the opportunity to learn more wonderful crafty things from you in the future.

12. #12 - Julia D. says:

Way to go girl! What a marvelous collection of craft goodies! Looking forward to this summer and hearing all about your new barn studio.

13. #13 - Jamie says:

I have such drawer-unit envy! Wow, what a move – best of luck that the entire process goes quickly and smoothly.

14. #14 - Claire says:

Oh, what a collection of crafty goodness! Can’t wait to see the progress and the end result.

15. #15 - Tracy says:

So eager to see it all completed – as I am sure you are as well!

16. Pingback: Cigar Boxes: Collection Obsession | Just Something I Made

17. Pingback: Craft Studio Ideas

18. #16 - DaCraftyLady says:

oh I so need to use bins like these to organize my crafting supplies, I have it half started but the rest is just all over. :( love your ideas…