Pergo from Lowe’s: Barn Studio Progress

Look what was delivered to my barn yesterday- the very first in many wonderful things to come that will transform our big barn into the ultimate craft studio and workshop/classroom of my dreams! PERGO! We have a LOT to do before we’re ready to install the flooring, but I just couldn’t wait to share. I am excited to share every step of the craft barn studio adventure with you.There are so many choices in flooring, but I knew the look I wanted and with all that will be going on in this studio, I decided that laminate flooring would work best. I wanted a natural looking floor, but with a touch of paint to it, you know, something vintage but clean. I dug around the internet for just the right product and discovered that Pergo’s Whitewashed Pine is PERFECT! So I wrote a few letters and the very fine folks at Lowe’s and Pergo are helping make my beautiful studio floor possible!Whitewashed Pine is from the PERGO®MAX collection available exclusively at Lowe’s and is one of Pergo’s most durable floors. I love that it provides great scratch and scuff protection. Seriously, do you have any idea what I’m going to put this floor through?! It also has pre-attached premium underlayment which maximizes sound reduction. Since my barn is one large space with no interior walls, this is going to be really helpful when classes are in full swing.

Here’s a close-up- this flooring is one of Pergo’s AccuWood Textures™ -rustic wood textures that simulate the pattern of natural wood. Gorgeous!

Stay tuned for more exciting things to come!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Pergo from Lowe’s: Barn Studio Progress

1. #1 - Claudia says:

It’s gorgeous!!! I wish we could just rip out all this ugly carpet and put some Pergo on!!

2. #2 - Audrey says:

If you have never had Pergo, you are really going to LOVE it!! The one you selected looks and sounds perfect for the room.
    BTW…Did you say classes??? I’ll stay tuned!

3. Woo Hoo! You’re on your way!! So excited for you and I can’t wait to see everything in person and take a class in your barn.
    xo,
    Whitney

4. #4 - Angie Kiker says:

Hi Cathe,

Love your Pergo floor color! You mentioned that you were going to put this floor through a lot—the only thing I have found: Don’t drop anything of any substantial weight on to the surface. I dropped a pot on my kitchen Pergo, and it gouged the surface, and exposed the cushiony layer beneath. To have it repaired would be costly, so now I have an area rug over the ding. Really it’s small damage, it’s just that I notice it. No one else does. Looking forward to news and pictures of the barn. I’m in Santa Rosa, and enjoy your blog so much.

5. #5 - maggie raguse says:

wow, 2 posts in one day! I don’t blame you for being excited about the new flooring. It is gorgeous!! Hoping to make it down for your classes in the future and check it out in person :-)

6. #6 - laurie magpie ethel says:

We have had Pergo in our kitchen for probably ten years now and i still get compliments on it. I chose a blue which they no longer carry, but is a great pop of color. Ditto on the comment from Angie on dropping a heavy object. We have a ding where a can was dropped. It did not go all the way down to the underlayer, but still dinged it. I touched it up with some craft paint in the same blue color. Other than that, no mishaps and love it. What fun to tag along on your craft studio project!

7. #7 - Tracy says:

I have been wondering about the progress of your studio! Eager to see the completed project!

8. #8 - martina says:

I have a laminate floor like that. Two things to watch out for, dinging it with heavy items and water. Our laminate floor is in the kitchen and the dog’s water dish spills have caused the floor to raise up in areas. This despite trying to be vigilant about wiping up any drips/spills.

9. #9 - Julia D. says:

Can you write me a letter to Lowe’s and Pergo to get me some flooring? Just kidding, and you will certainly love it. I’ve had it in my kitchen for quite sometime and yes it does dent. I have the light birch
    or maple color and it does show the dirt. Especially from my sweet dog Baxter who carries it in. Can hardly wait to enjoy the progress of the new Barn Studio! Sure wish I lived closer so I could participate in your classes when you are up and going.

10. #10 - Theresa L Begin says:

Love the trays , Cathe!!! I have one I use all the time and I just bought a pretty beat up wood one, with great character and lines, to re-do..I’ll share it on my blog when done…Thanks for your kind words and Inspiration!! ~Theresa.

11. #11 - Dianne says:

A barn studio? Be still my heart. No wonder you are excited.
    The Pergo looks PER-fect!

12. We have whitewashed pine Pergo in our kitchen and LOVE it! It’s unlike every other kitchen I’ve seen because of it, and the compliments are nonstop.

13. #13 - parquet vieilli says:

Hurrah! At last I got a webpage from where I can truly get valuable facts concerning
    my study and knowledge.

14. #14 - Heather says:

Would you be able to publish an update with photos of your studio now? I am shopping the Lowe’s Pergo and deciding between the Whitewash Pine and the Whiteside Pine and I would LOVE to see what it looks like in an actual room! :)