Antique Book Cover Digital Download

TGIF! I hope you all had a nice week and have something fun to look forward to this weekend. Isn’t the above graphic lovely? It’s (modified) from an antique book I found at our our local library’s book store for a whopping three bucks. The cover and spine are just so beautiful. The book is Famous Poems of Standard Authors, circa 1890.

Gifted with an inscription for Miss Lishman.

Here is a touched-up image of the slightly soiled but beautifully designed cover for your enjoyment. Click to enlarge.Let me know if you make something with the image, I’d love to see it!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Antique Book Cover Digital Download

1. #1 - Nana Diana says:

I absolutely adore old books. The cover here is exceptional. I love it and the color is gorgeous. Great find- xo Diana

2. #2 - wendy baker says:

now i just want to make something with this cover. if i only had the skills. thank you as always… xow.

3. #3 - Susan Santa Maria says:

Oh Cathe, you scored big time !! I also collect old books most on Poems. I’m definitely going to make a book with this. I’ve been collecting things for a Travel log, and this is going to be the cover. thank you for sharing.

4. Pingback: CraftCrave | Blog | Freebies for Printable Scrapbooking or Cardmaking (large): Saturday, 14 Apr 2012

5. #4 - Trisha says:

This is a beautiful cover. Thank yo so much for sharing it.

6. This is a gorgeous Book, I love the color and the inscription makes it perfect! I am going to try to add it to my i phone too! I love that idea! I will be sharing this on my fan page and personal page for sure!

7. #6 - Alice says:

How beautiful!

8. #7 - Connie says:

Is there any chance you would offer this image without any changes? I would really appreciate it if you did.

9. #8 - Mia says:

Oh my gosh!! This book is so perfect! Is there *any* way you would consider uploading a scan of the entire cover? I would love to make a mini-book out of this. Thank you so much!

10. #9 - Bert Roelse says:

Hi Cathe,

I also like to make things from paper and then give it away. As a gift for my girlfriends birthday last year I made a little book to hold a credit card gift card. Now, I used your blue book for a similar one for the wedding of a colleague. Please send me your email and I wil send you some pictures, so you have an idea what I mean.
    Grtz. Bert

11. #10 - Suzan Dixon says:

I would love to print this to make a clip board. How do I add the name ?
    is this down load able?

12. #11 - Anna Marie Martin says:

Thank you so much! These are just gorgeous!

13. #12 - Kimmie says:

I love the cover, but I’m missing the matching book spine. Is that available too? Thank you!!