Book Page Pockets

I’ve got another project to share using my old Reader’s Digest books! This one is for creating pockets from pages within the book for stashing and organizing things like monthly receipts. You can find the step-by-step on my post over at SC Johnson Family Economics. Please share your book ideas in the comments of the SCJ post, I love reading them!

Disclosure: I am a paid blogger for SC Johnson.

This entry was posted in Book Crafts, Family Economics, organizing, SC Johnson. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Book Page Pockets

1. #1 - GlendaP says:

I think this is a very clever idea. Thanks for sharing. I need to look for some old Readers Digest books.

2. #2 - Emily says:

I love these! They are so adorable! I think I may adapt these to fit my product packaging!

3. #3 - Tracy says:

I use old books and turn them into little fairy houses.
    They have three floors: bedroom, eating area and a livingroom.
    I have also done books for Halloween and Christmas, plus they are easy to store on a bookshelf.

• #4 - Lily says:

Hi Tracy,

Do you have pictures and tutorials on how to make your little fairy houses? You’ve got me mesmerized. I’d love to see how they look like!

: ) Lily

4. #5 - Chrissy says:

Hi, I painted watercolor flowers on book pages cut into heart shapes and stuffed to make them puffy. http://www.myhootdesigns.com/2012/01/valentine-sneak-peek.html

I love the smell of old book pages :o)

5. #6 - Cheryl says:

Well, depending on how much time you had ::

Persoanlly, I’m going to take an old book and transform it into happiness :: I’m going to make 1000 paper cranes out of an old paperback that I’ll use to decorate our library. I’m going to try to do this in 100 days! ;-)

6. #7 - Kimberly Jones says:

Wonderful idea! I love seeing all the different ways you use your Reader’s Digest books! I have a bunch too, so I will definitely give this a try!

7. #8 - Kathleen Conard says:

This is such a great idea! Thank you for sharing it with me.

8. #12 - Kokopelli says:

What a cool idea! Recycling rocks!

9. #13 - Tina S. says:

This is so wonderful! I can’t wait to make pocket books from my stash of “junk” books!

10. #14 - Deb Bunnell says:

Maybe you have done this (you have done so much I can’t keep up!) But I have glued all the edges of pages of a Reader’s Digest book together, then cut out the middle with a box cutter and a straight edge, leaving only the front cover free. This is then used as a ‘bank’ (safe) or a place for your ‘treasures’ to put up on a shelf. Of course, no one would have a clue you have your ‘valuables’ inside these books! It’s a little tedious but worth it in the end!

11. Pingback: How-To: Book Page Pockets | Hide-a-Book.com

12. #15 - Sandy says:

Would love to see them

13. #16 - Leah says:

I just tried this and it turned out fairly well. My biggest issue was keeping the pages flat and even. Most of the pockets turned out a bit skewed. I’m pressing the book under something heavy right now and I hope that helps. Thanks for the idea!

14. Pingback: 5 Easy, Beautiful Upcycled Craft Projects

15. Pingback: 5 Recycled Projects « Seamless

16. #17 - Marit Welker says:

LOVE this idea. But my favorite part was when you said above, “Please share your book ideas in the comments of the SCJ post, I love reading them!” I will assume you didn’t mean that as a pun. But I adored it either way!

Have a great day and thanks for sharing a wonderful idea!

17. #18 - Ann says:

Such a great idea Cathe – I often see books I like the look of in charity shops but know I wouldn’t read them. I usually leave them for someone else but now I can buy them with purpose in mind.

18. Pingback: Page Pockets « Fossil Blog

19. #19 - connie freedman says:

cathe so great seeing you again and visiting. hope you had a smooth ride back home. take care, connie

20. #20 - Lily says:

Hi there,
    that sounds lovely. Do you have pictures? What a clever idea. I’d love to try and make one someday!

: ) Lily

21. Pingback: riassunto delle proposte del mese di dicembre 2011 e gennaio febbraio 2012 | elemento di disturbo