Lovely Vintage Postcards: FREE Digital Downloads

I’ll let you in on a little blogging secret…when I post free digital downloads of vintage finds or graphics rather than sharing full-on craft tutorials, it’s most likely because I’m tied-up with other crafty commitments for the day. It’s all good- my days are filled with writing blog posts for SC Johnson’s Family Economics, crafting for the fabulous Country Living magazine, working on my book idea, designing label graphics for WorldLabel.com, preparing kits for my classes at The Creative Connection (next week!), working out the deets of my classes at SPARK and finishing up some logo projects (I tried to quit designing logos cold-turkey, but it’s been a bit tough!) So in lieu of craft projects, you’ll be the beneficiary of freebies and the occasional crafty suggestions. I would love your help in commenting with any of your ideas for using the graphics as well. Thank you!

Here are two beautiful antique post card fronts and one blank (Photoshopped) back for your pleasure. (Click on images for larger size.) I just adore the little inset image of forget-me-nots, cake and gift on the birthday greeting. I think the Birthday postcard would make a fantastic T-shirt iron-on graphic embellished with Martha Stewart Glitter paint as a birthday gift for a friend to wear on her special day! One more idea: Reduce images, print to iron-on transfer sheets for DARK shirts, iron on to scrap leather to create a beautiful patch to sew on to a handmade gift. Here’s some info to get you started: Working with Leather: Image Transfers & Sewing Techniques.

This entry was posted in Birthday Craft, Free digital downloads, Free Jpgs, free vintage art, Greeting Cards and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Lovely Vintage Postcards: FREE Digital Downloads

1. #1 - Sandy McClay says:

Cathe,
    I went to check out the World Labels site…..is there some where to go to get just 10 of a sheet you need? Or 5???? I don’t need 100!!!! LOL
    I just thought I would check with you first! :) Sandy

2. Pingback: CraftCrave | Blog | Freebies for Printable Scrapbooking or Cardmaking (large): Saturday, 10 Sep 2011

3. #4 - Lorinda says:

Hi Cathe,
    these images would be great used in an altered journal, use as part of a scrapbook page or iron onto fabric and make a rose scented bag. How about Birthday Bunting ? Use with other vintage images and make a quilt ? Ok I am getting carried away now.

Lorinda

4. #5 - Marianne says:

I’m glad you have something to do in your spare time, Cathe!

5. #6 - martina says:

The cards would be nice to print on to a white/off white tablecloth. Makes it a special table cover for birthdays. Family members could “sign” the cards and then someone could stitch the signature. Another idea is to iron on transfer the graphics (without the lettering) and use it on a roller blind or tea towel. Cathe-I’m going to order that Epson scanner today!

6. #7 - Jodie says:

Thank you Cathe! I’m a fellow designer and lover of all things vintage :) I enjoy visiting your blog to see what you’ve been creating lately.

7. #8 - katherine says:

Thanks so much! I enjoy using freebies like this when we send out invitations or greetings to our volunteers. Awesome!

8. #9 - Rachel Walker says:

I am so in love with all you provide. Thanks for ALL you do! You are so inspirational!

9. #10 - Jennifer Stern says:

I had no idea you could iron on to leather. I’ll have to try that!

10. #11 - Printing says:

There are some lovely postcards here Cathe.

11. Pingback: Vintage Used Postcard | Scott For State Collectibles

12. #12 - kendell says:

Beautiful, thanks ever so much

13. #13 - Andrea Davidson says:

lovely

14. #14 - elham says:

hiiii

15. #15 - Rhonda says:

Thank you Cathe, for sharing the beautiful vintage postcards! I love the sister one as well and since I have only 1 beautiful sister, I will make something for her. I appreciate your creativity!