Vintage Bloomers Ordinance Sign: Free Digital Download

My mother-in-law has rented the same house on Lake Tahoe for her children and their families every summer for as long as I can remember. This cool old sign hangs on the back of the house facing the lake as a warning to beach-goers. I get a kick out of this sign, loving the nostalgic, imperfect and weathered beauty of it. I think it would be a great image for making your own sign. Print out and Mod Podge the image to a sturdy surface.

Or, using the black and white file, follow the sign-painting directions I posted here some time ago for printing out image and tracing to wood to paint. You can choose to finish out the lines smooth or rough as shown. Once traced, trim out with a bit of a margin around the black border before painting. Click on the images for larger files. Hang your finished sign pool-side, spa-side, or in the loo!

This entry was posted in Decorating, Free Clip Art, Free digital downloads, Free Jpgs, free vintage art and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to Vintage Bloomers Ordinance Sign: Free Digital Download

1. Fantastic image! I am going to make some signs and may also use in artwork, thank you.

2. #2 - 1 Funky Woman says:

I love this, how darling! I might have to make one for our deck!

Megan

3. #3 - Chelsea says:

What a great sign – simply adorable!!

Chelsea

4. #4 - Linda Vinson says:

Great sign, Cathe! thank you for sharing the image.

5. Pingback: CraftCrave | Blog | Freebies for Printable Scrapbooking or Cardmaking (large): Saturday, 23 Jul 2011

6. #5 - Amanda says:

This is so sweet, thanks for sharing! Some days I think they could do with some signs reminding the ‘gentlemen’ to keep their shirts on, it really doesn’t get that hot here in the UK!

Have a great weekend

7. #6 - Rose says:

WHAT A QUAINT LAW. Imagine !
    Lake Taho…what a blessing that must be for the family. I have never seen LakeTaho in person..but I know it is one of the most beautiful area’s in the USA.
    We had a small cottage that was originally owned by my grandparents in Wisconsin..and we were blessed to able to go up there EVERY summer for as long as I can remember. My parents eventually bought it from my Grandparents…and we enjoyed it for many years beyond that. When each of us got married and moved away…they sold our beloved cottage…but it is STILL in my heart today.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

Rose

8. #7 - Rose says:

Hope we did not lose my original post..it was long a hearfelt comment about cottages.

9. #8 - Rikki says:

Lovely! Thanks for sharing it.

10. #9 - Emily D. says:

lol! How cute! and funny 😉 Thanks for sharing!

11. Love this sign! Thanks so much for posting…can’t wait to try making one fto hang near our pool. A family vacation at Tahoe sounds like so much fun.
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

12. #11 - Sherry says:

Hi Cathe! The sign is wonderful and thanks for sharing. I have saved it for a future project.
    xo,
    Sherry

13. #12 - Mod Podge Amy says:

Hahaha! This is so cute Cathe! Going to share. 😀

14. #13 - teri f says:

What a treasure this is!! Thanks so much for sharing — it really made me smile.

15. #14 - Roberta says:

That’s is too cute…thanks for sharing as always Cathe 😉

16. #15 - Ellen Crawley says:

What a fun sign! I just went back and reread your directions on sign making and am determined to try this. Thanks for the inspiration.

17. #16 - Em says:

LOVE this! Thank you!

18. #17 - Sandy McClay says:

This is so wonderful!!!! I have a few photos of my grandmother with her girl friends swimming and my grandmother refused to wear the leggings! Way back when…. This is going to make an incredible scrapbook page!!!!

19. #18 - Sandy McClay says:

Oops….Thank you! :):) Sandy

20. #19 - Debbie says:

Just found your blog and love the sign. We live on the lake and I’m trying to figure out where I could hang it. Blessings, Debbie

21. #20 - Julia D. says:

Thank you Cathe! I just love it. I’m going to make it for my back deck and will think of you everytime I see it. Lake Tahoe is a wonderful place and have been fortunate to visit a few times. The color of the water is what is so fabulous with all the huge mountains around it. Still a fan of the old show “Bonanaza” filmed there, with the beautiful ranch house they lived in (little Joe was my favorite- tee hee).
    Thanks again….

22. #21 - Anna says:

this is just great! thank you for sharing it with us.

23. #22 - Cal says:

This is perfect for a beach house!

24. #24 - Holly L says:

This makes me swoon…I LOVE it. I want to make one and hang it at our local pool (that is right on the beach).

25. #25 - Kelly says:

Love it! That’s just perfect. Thank you for sharing!

26. #26 - bbrockhoff says:

This would also be great on a beach bag!

27. #27 - Craft Room Ideas says:

YES this is exaclty what i was looking for! thank you so much cathe!
    Im gonna use this for my school project, again thanks!

28. This is hilarious, and fantastic! Thanks for sharing!!!

29. #29 - LOO COURTLAND says:

Considering how skimpy the swimsuits are nowday, I think this is actually a good idea, ha ha. Good graphic. ha ha

30. #30 - clothespin says:

Wow. This is so cool! I’m going to have to make this into a sign for a gift for my MIL. She has a pool and this would be so cute next to it! Thank you!

31. #31 - Johanna says:

Thank you so much! Wonderful!!

32. #32 - angela says:

cathe, thank you so much for sharing this fun image! such a hoot!! and what a grand way to spend time with family at Tahoe…

33. Pingback: Inspiration, Progress and a Warm Fuzzy « pobrandy

34. #33 - Gaby says:

Thank you Cathe for this gorgeous sign! I loved it so much that I made a surprise sign for some friends :). I posted it in my blog, I hope it is ok (in case you want to take a look at it:
    Cheers,

Gaby

35. #34 - Shelly H. says:

I love this sign!!! Thanks so much, Cathe.

36. #35 - TracyMB says:

So funny — thanks much! 🙂

37. #36 - beth says:

Oh Cathe, that made my day…love it!

38. #37 - Michelle says:

Wow! I love this so much!!! Too cute! Thank you so much for sharing!!!
    Michelle

39. #38 - Trish Bloom says:

Hi! I just found this and will be making a sign to hang by our pool. Perfect! I collect all sorts of things that have the word Bloom, having married into the Bloom family. I have a “Bless the Blooms” sign hanging in our entryway, a tin “Fresh Blooms” sign hanging by the shower, a Bloomies sweatshirt from Bloomingdale’s, and many other things around the house. Spring and Easter are great times for me to find these items and my sister is always on the lookout for Bloom items as well. My SIL has “bloomer” as part of her email address (and they have a pool too) so I will probably be making one for them as well. Thank you!

40. #39 - Pamela Foster says:

BWAHAhahahaha! What a riot!

41. #40 - Inspire Me Heather says:

I just love that sign, still! I’ve got it linked to my Summer printable art post too today, it’s a keeper!

42. #41 - Alyssa says:

Love this, made the first into a transparent .png and will be using it in my digital smash book.

43. Oh, that’s just hilarious! Yes, “bloomers” would be a welcome change to modern beaches, wouldn’t they? Reminds me of one of my favorite sayings – “When I was a toddler my mama taught me that BIG girls put clothes on before they leave the house!”. Unfortunately not everyone seems to realize that clothing is not optional…

44. #43 - ChrisA says:

I love this thank you!!!

45. #44 - Kathy Owen says:

I love this sign, thanks for the tutorial. I shared it on Facebook. Have a great weekend!

46. #45 - Kimberley Fay says:

I enjoyed your site very much so
    I added you to my pinterest and bookmarked you as well.
    hanks for the share
    Kimberley

47. #46 - Suzan Dixon says:

My sister has a cottage as a rental. It’s on Lake Huron and this would look great at the back door. I can’t seem to download it. I have no problem downloading some of your things, but can’t get some to work.

48. #47 - pamela gibbons says:

I just love your. Work,I think I’m going to make something out of everything!