Just yesterday, I received my new All-in-One (Printer-Scanner-Copier), the Epson Stylus NX625.If you follow JustSomethingIMade.com you may already know that a good printer/scanner is essential to making this blog what it is for sharing free digital downloads and unique craft projects. Epson recommends this as just the printer I need for design and craft. I really put printers to the test. So over the next few days I will be pushing the envelope as usual to maximize this Epson and share the results with you in the form of FREEBIES! So be sure to keep checking back.
Set up of the Epson Stylus NX625 was super easy. I am using a USB cable to start, but this puppy has a built-in Wi-Fi and Ethernet capabilities, too. Which for me means it’s the only printer I need for all the other computers under this one roof thanks to its wireless network. You can even print from mobile devices!
Another beauty….two-sided printing! This will save so much paper and space when I print all of my SC Johnson blog post archives to place in a binder. How cool is that?
One nice surprise I found was the DURABrite® Ultra pigment ink. Prints made with this ink allow you to handle documents and photos immediately after printing and are smudge and water resistant — and even highlighter friendly. That is a really big deal if you love to use Mod Podge on your prints for crafting, which I do often!
I couldn’t wait to try out the Epson Stylus NX625 scanner feature. I picked up some nice old ephemera at the Alameda Flea Market last Sunday- an old scrapbook album cover circa 1910 with antique cat trade cards pasted to the backside as shown in the photograph below. (After reading all the comments on my ribbon organizer post, it was clear JSIM has a cat-lover following!)I scanned the only non-damaged section of the front, thankfully it was the area with the gorgeous lettering, using the Professional Mode (For this mode, you will need a Twain Driver.) Click on image below for free download.Just look at that detail! (I could have pumped up the volume on the cover image, but preferred to keep it as its original faded red.)I scanned the trade cards to create more FREE digital downloads. The original cards are just a bit larger than standard business cards. Click on the image to access the larger free file for your projects, personal or commercial. (Just please don’t sell the images alone.)The Epson Stylus NX625 also has 2.5″ LCD and built-in memory card slots, making it easy to select, edit and print borderless photos in multiple sizes, right from a memory card or camera. No PC required! It can print 4″ x 6″ photos in as fast as 20 seconds.
Features and benefits of the Epson Stylus NX625:
• World’s fastest all-in-one1
• Quickly print from your mobile device — print photos and more
• Superior image enhancement tools — Red-eye removal, Automatic photo restoration, Automatic Photo Correction, and more
• Easy wireless printing — share one printer at home with multiple PCs, wirelessly, now with Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ n3
• Easy photo printing, PC-free — large 2.5″, color LCD and card slots
• Reload paper less often — large, 150-sheet paper tray
• Save time — automatic, high-speed, two-sided printing
• Fast, high-quality scanning up to 2400 dpi — scan and archive important papers, photos and more using the included software
• Unsurpassed print quality — get crisp, sharp documents and lab quality photos, all with one ink set
• Replace only the color you need — individual ink cartridges, available in different sizes to suit your needs
• Truly touchable photos and documents — instant-dry ink for smudge, fade and water resistant prints; even highlighter friendly
Epson is giving away an Epson Stylus NX625 to one creative JSIM reader!!
TO ENTER: Leave a comment on this post and tell me why YOU want the Epson Stylus NX625 All-in-One. This is my first NON-Random giveaway, so get creative in 25 words or less! One entry per person/household, please. Open to US residents only. Entry to this giveaway will close on Sunday, July 10 at noon. The winner will be chosen, notified and posted soon after.
UPDATE: Holy smokes, what a great response to the Epson Stylus NX625 giveaway! Thank you to all who entered. I read every single entry. Seriously. Heartstrings pulled, a few LOL’s, and some great haikus. I wish I had at least a dozen of these all-in-ones to giveaway! I narrowed it down to 20 and finally chose my favorite of those comments.
My pick for the recipient of the Epson is:
#407 – Sue@MyArtsDesire
His printer broke,
but mine was fine.
He looked at mine
and began to whine.
my printer went to college.
More fun giveaways to come everyone- stay tuned to JSIM!