Vintage Thread Labels: Free Digital Downloads

I’m just back from a wonderful visit with my mom and sister back home in the Ozarks. My sis, Jennifer, and I had a blast shopping at indoor flea markets and antique shops in the Springfield, Missouri area. I’ve got lots of photos to go through and share, but in the meantime, I’m posting some images of gorgeous packaging and labels from vintage thread found during one of our hunts.The JPG images are from boxes of Knox’s “Falcon” linen lace thread. Pinks and reds…so “Valentiney.”

Print the free images for use in your crafty projects or use the image for digital collage, etc. Naturally, they will look fabulous on top of your plain wooden spools. Since readers are always so kind to ask, I’ll state again that I am happy for you to use these images however you would like for personal or commercial use, just please don’t sell the images themselves, they’re meant to be free. Thanks.

Click on the image below for the larger JPG file to download.
I scanned the spool labels as is and also modified them with larger background color rounds for using with punches.

This entry was posted in Free Clip Art, Free digital collage sheets, Free digital downloads, Free Jpgs, free vintage art, Paper Crafts, scrapbooking, Vintage Ephemera. Bookmark the permalink.

62 Responses to Vintage Thread Labels: Free Digital Downloads

1. #1 - Linda says:

Thank you, Cathe! Wonderful as always.
    -Linda

2. #2 - Michelle L. says:

Ooh, so so pretty! What a cool freebie, thnx much!

3. #3 - Rachel says:

Oh, thank you. They are just gorgeous. So very kind of you to share!

4. #4 - Christine N says:

Love them, thanks!!!

5. #5 - Stephanie Dueck says:

these are just so pretty! Thank you for sharing them.

6. #6 - Glassprimitif says:

Thank you so much! I have lots of old wooden spools and this will make a perfect gift for my sister

7. #7 - Kate says:

Thanks for sharing! They are beautiful!
    Kate

8. #8 - Bethany says:

Thank you!!! I have a craft idea in the works for which I need lots of empty spools of thread, and this will be the perfect finishing touch :)

9. #9 - Patty says:

So cute!!! I posted a link from facebook! Thanks : )

10. #10 - Berta says:

These are really great, thanks so much.

11. #11 - Deb Riddell says:

They are so lovely! Thank you so much, Deb

12. #12 - Rosana Garcia Hess says:

Lovely labels…thanks for sharing….I´ll feature on my blog….hope you don´t mind
    hugs from Brazil

13. #13 - Vicki O'Dell says:

I think I love just about everything you’ve ever made! :)

14. Thank you so much Cathe!! You are sooo generous. I love these!!

15. #15 - Denni says:

These are WONDERFUL!!! Thank you!

16. #16 - Dolly/scrapthat says:

THANK YOU!! :) Fabulous share I will be happy to add among my Ephemera!! :)

17. #17 - Garci says:

Wow — so gorgeous! Thank you.

18. #18 - Deirdre says:

OH! The goodies are just beautiful! That color combination gets me every time. Thanks so much for sharing!
    xo Deirdre
    PS: I used to go to the Ozarks with my Mom and Dad when I was a little girl. I’m sure it’s changed quite a bit since then, but the scenery was always so lovely. Glad to hear you had a nice time. :)

19. #19 - Theresa Begin says:

Of course, another beautiful addition to my evergrowing stash of vintage ephemera, all thanks to you and your gift for seeing beauty that alot of the rest of us would have missed. Thank you, again. I like the way you punched these. Hmmmm, you know I can do the same effect with my new Xacto scissors, how COOL is that. Thanks again, Cathe, for all you do. Hugs, Theresa.

20. #20 - Frankie says:

Thank you Cathe!! You are always so generous!!

21. #21 - Teri "Terrific" says:

Cathe, I can’t thank you enough for your generous gifts. I’ve enjoyed following your post for some time and appreciate your valuable time and effort given for our benefit.
    Having been a seamstress for…well, let’s just say, “a very long time”…and a papercrafter for several years, I envision a great many projects using these thread labels.
    Than you, again.
    Sincerely.
    T2!nk

22. #22 - Loretta says:

Thanks for sharing, Cathe! Be sure to stop by and say ‘Hi’ sometime- I just got a new scanner and have started posting some vintage images as well that you may find useful. Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

23. #23 - Kaela says:

Oh Cathe! Tear! My maiden name is Falcon and I am beyond thrilled to see these! They are so beautiful – I have no idea on what I’ll use them for, but I’m sure I’ll think of something! Thank you so much for sharing!

24. #24 - Nancy says:

Thank you so much! I collect vintage sewing notions. I love these! “Sew” many ideas! :)

25. #25 - Mone says:

oh, love them! thank you so much for sharing!
    Mone

26. #26 - Emily/winny says:

Hope you missed all the bad weather we are having here!!! Will love to see your pictures. Thanks so much for the great images!

27. #27 - Dianne Jenkins says:

Thanks so much for sharing these with us! I have some “naked” spools that could use these!

Dianne

28. #28 - Wendy Orme says:

I love the printables you have on your blog for us! Thanks so much!

29. #29 - Clare says:

Great images, thank goodness for people like you .

30. #30 - brigitte says:

superbes… merci de France

31. #31 - Kristy Neeley says:

Once again you come through with a beautiful fun idea! Kristy from http://www.apronsandapples.blogspot.com I am linking these up! Thanks!

32. Pingback: 101 Pretty Printables {free}

33. Pingback: paperpolaroid

34. #32 - Steffie says:

Thank you!!!!
    Steffie

35. #33 - Debbie Freelove says:

Have you done and research on the Knox company? I just bought a bag of Knox’s Linen Floss size 16 at a “craft supply” yard sale. There are 124 complete skeins. The original owner was probably doing a hardanger tablecloth to need that much. Any information would be welcome.
    Thanks

36. #34 - spoothVor says:

Your favorite Bluray and TV series, Apps, Games and lots more.

http://www.multi-upload.co.uk is home to the whole shebang that entertains you.

Check celebrated software libraries, featuring thousands of files, ratings and reviews.

Has a jumbo, searchable library with the most suitable for your device.

A website that is intelligent and productive constantly updated.

Best 100 downloads of software for Windows XP, Windows 7/8 & Vista.

Download Latest Music Audio Tracks exclusively from the links.

Get super money with wupload.

ENJOY!

37. Pingback: FUN! 101 Free Printables | chickinspired

38. #35 - Dorothy says:

Thank you, Cathe, they’re awesome!

39. Pingback: Hello to all of you freebie junkies |

40. #36 - Johanna says:

These are wonderful! Thanks so much!!

41. Pingback: Print-aholic «

42. #37 - Jorge L.P.Cardillo says:

Cathe,

Thank you very much for the beautifull images.

Jorge

Brazil

43. #38 - Carmen Lucero says:

Thanks so much for shring and making the lables ready to be punched out. Saves lots of time~!

Carmen

44. Pingback: Sewing | Tokeloshe

45. #39 - Joan says:

Fab thread labels, thank you so much

Joan

46. #40 - pbach1 says:

just wondering if you’d be willing to modify these in another colour — say beige-y?

47. #41 - Sheri DeMate says:

Hi Cathe, I live in Springfield!!! Isn’t it a great place to shop? Also a beautiful place to live.
    Love your blog. And thanks for the spool top papers. I’ve got tons of wooden spools. Now something to do with them!

48. #42 - sue morris says:

This is fantastic!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

49. #43 - inveseKnils says:

You can find two variants of the headset, of which feature in different ways molded connectors. It was allowing compatibility together with the chatpad key pad accessories (original edition do not accommodate over the chatpad). Some sort of ” cable ” headphone can be included by means of every last console except Core/Arcade brands, in addition to along with the messenger kit along with the Xbox live Stay Basic Package. Independent of the earliest event headset, Plantronics makes several officially-licensed ” cable ” headsets for ones Xbox 360 system. Moreover, several normal phone hands-free packages which unfortunately feature two. 5 mm connectors can even work as headsets, even though marriage ceremony basically reinforced. Equally, the Gaming system headphone can be used during the course of units this service a pair of. 5 mm earbuds.

Therefore, it can be typically an undesirable approach to begin the process a couple headsets, simply perceive to guide you properly. That you are in danger of oppose long-term difficulties involving ability to hear. A lot of these Xbox 360 earphones include the brand-new concept product this the reason why it must be easily obtainable in many retailers along with departmental shops as you possibly can ensure it is because of any kind of activities buy you can receive the idea because of such resources some other best way is normally that one could obtain it because of any sort of online store which are usually addressing these Xbox 360 system earphones and other Gaming system add-ons.
    monster beats tour

50. Pingback: Happy Freebie Friday! | A. Meyer Photography

51. Pingback: Freebie Friday! | A. Meyer Photography

52. #44 - taschen says:

Ooh, so so pretty! What a cool freebie, thnx much!

53. Pingback: shabby spools « So, it was weekend. And I was bored.

54. #45 - Zima says:

Thank you, these are wonderful!

55. #46 - Denise Paxton says:

Thank you very much! I love anything vintage! Have a great day!

56. #47 - LCSmithSAVED (Leslie) says:

What a lovely collection! I am new to your site but will enjoy sifting back thru you older posts. Thanks for the freebie :~)

57. #48 - gema ivonne martin ramirez says:

pretty goood

58. #49 - penny says:

So Creative and Generous!

59. Pingback: A Design Lounge

60. #50 - Tina B. says:

Thank you so much! Very pretty !
    Greetings Tina

61. #51 - Judy says:

Thankyou so much. Just what I was looking for to put in a shadow box!

62. #52 - Murmur1 says:

Thank you. These are pretty! I’d like to have some graphics of unused thread labels to replace the labels on some of my vintage spools. I’ve scanned the ones I do have by setting the spools on my scanner.