The Surfing Insomniac

I’ve been up since around 2am. Ever have one of those nights? God bless the warm, snoring body next to me, but once awakened by the log-sawing, my creative gears start turning and there’s just no turn-off switch………So I went surfing.

Sweet Rick Rack Rosettes.

I think terrariums are so cute. I gotta make one. Or two.

Starburst Dining Room Mirror…Brilliant.

New on my inspiration list from two of my favorite peeps.

Suzonne Stirling’s beautiful doily stenciled eggs. Stunning.

I’m hooked on following Centsational Girl’s Alma Project.

Reminiscing about the blogger’s weekend spent at this amazing beach house in February.

Obsessing over the things I could do with the new Bitty Bags.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to The Surfing Insomniac

1. #1 - Gwen Milledge says:

I do the same thing, was doing it way too long yesterday and now here I am again this morning with my cup of joe… Love what you picked out.

2. #2 - Suzonne says:

Thanks for the shout out! (When I was up at 2 am as well, it crossed my mind how much fun it would be if you were sitting at my dining room table crafting with me.)

3. #3 - mummylade says:

feels so familiar – been there, done that =)

4. #4 - Saucy Chick Sherry says:

Maybe a nice little nap would be in order today. Love all your inspiration ideas. Happy Spring Sunshine…

5. #5 - Misty says:

That mirror IS amazing!

6. Thanks for the Bitty Bag mention! Hopefully you can squeeze a nap in today. I’m impressed that you made productive use of your awake time. When I have one of those nights, I just keeping thinking “Why can’t I fall asleep?”.

7. #7 - Mrs A. says:

It is totally fatal for me to go surfing at any time of the day! Love these ric rac roses and the easter egg stencils are so effective. Might just have to have a go at making both these items myself. Thanks so much for finding them.
    Hugs Mrs A.

8. #8 - Jocelyn says:

I’ve been having the same problem :-( But I am SO thankful for blog hopping at any hour :-)

9. I feel your pain about insomnia~!

10. #10 - Marilyn Monceaux says:

I tell you what~~I get so *siDeTracKed* surfing! I could spend hours [not good] nothing eLse gets done but I aLso want to say “THANKS” to you for cutting my searchTime down. You’ve proVided such *neat stuff* that I could see real quick!! You’re the be§t surFer I’ve come across in a while!! {{{smiLes}}}

11. That was me last night, although I couldn’t stop thinking of this old buffet that I saw at a local thrift store. Up late surfing for decor ideas, was up at the crack of dawn so I could be there at opening time to buy it. Now I am stripping the stain off it now. I also picked up a ton of silverware so I could complete the mirror starburst. busy day ahead of me…maybe I will sleep tonight :-) Thanks for the AMAZING inspiration!

12. #12 - Mod Podge Amy says:

Cathe, you are so sweet! Thanks for the mention! xo

13. #13 - wendy baker says:

your insomnia is my gain. as a night owl, i am almost always still up at that hour, should you ever need any company.
    thanks again for more things to put in my idea file…
    xow.

14. #14 - Anna says:

So glad other people have those nights – I keep the Martha Stewart Encyclopedia of Crafts by my bedside so I don’t have to move to the computer… :D

15. Thanks so much for linking to my mirror!! I love all these ideas you’ve found – thanks for sharing them. I think those ric rac roses are going to the top of my list. So Adorable!! :)

16. #16 - Loddelina says:

Hehe, I have one of those log-sawing companions at home, reason why I sleep with ear plugs…

Great finds, Cathe, thanks again for your neverending inspiration, it is always a great pleasure to visit your blog!

17. #17 - Tania says:

the rick rack rosettes are just so beautiful – thanks for sharing!

18. #18 - Glen says:

Where HAVE I been and not come across your beautiful blog Cathe? *Ü* What an inspiration. I LOVE the ric rac roses and that beach house is to ….live for! *Ü* I shall be a regular visitor from now on. Get him a machine…it muffles the snoring but you might have to get used to a burring noise – much more soothing! TFS. ~Glen~

19. #19 - Cathy MT says:

I hear ya. I lasted one night with DH (nobody snores louder than he), after my son went off to college. The next night I was sleeping in my son’s room, and every night since. We both sleep better. But, your lost sleep is our gain. Thanks for the inspiration; great finds!

20. #20 - Cindy Roth says:

Had to laugh, I can so relate! Add two snoring dogs to the mix and a little restless legs sprinkled in for good measure…
    Cathe, do you remember the bird nest tutorial you had? Here’s my latest in a long string of successful spin offs from that–thank you again!!

21. #21 - Jeff says:

I don’t snore, and if I did , it wouldn’t be as loud as sawing logs :)

22. #22 - Deirdre says:

Poor thing…I know exactly how you feel. The only difference is, you did something productive with your time, while I just sat, and stewed. ;)
    Thanks so much for posting all of these fun things! I cannot WAIT to try the doily stenciled eggs. They look absolutely lovely!
    xo,
    Deirdre

23. #23 - Nellie says:

You found some great stuff surfing. I’m going to make the starburst mirror with my leftover stuff. Thanks!