Individual Coffee Bags

See how simple it is to make little coffee-bags-to-go, read my how-to over at SC Johnson’s Family Economics HERE.

Disclosure: I am a paid blogger for SC Johnson.

This entry was posted in Family Economics, general craft, repurposing, SC Johnson and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Individual Coffee Bags

1. #1 - Jill Franklin says:

Great idea for work! Thanks! =D

2. #2 - Dani says:

Cathe

Love the idea – so clever!! Reckon one could also use a stainless steel tea ball for the same purpose?

Dani

3. #3 - Barbara Beck-Azar says:

coffee singlets how ingenious! i bet this could be used for loose tea as well.

4. #4 - Brooksie Robbins says:

WOW! AWESOME idea! I am having a camp-style wedding late this summer and This would be perfect for the guests who camp over night! Thank you so much!!

5. #5 - Inda says:

WOW what a fantastic idea!!

6. #6 - Sue C says:

Brilliant! I commented over on the other blog, but wanted to mention here, too – a few of these tucked into a travel mug would be a most excellent gift, I’m thinkin’! Thanks for the great idea!

7. This is great. We have some beans left over from before “the switch”.

8. #8 - angela white says:

will these work in the single serve coffee makers?

9. #9 - Sheila says:

I also use coffee filters as a particle strainer; placed inside a mesh strainer, to drain the crunchy bits out of my taco frying oil, which once strained, I save in the refrigerator for next time.

10. #10 - Laurie Moore says:

Brilliant. I will be doing this for camping!! Thanks!

11. #11 - Helen says:

Thanks so much for the link to the site. I will bry this.

12. #12 - The Garter Brides says:

This is such a wonderful idea! Starbucks sells those VIA instant coffee packets for over $1 each. This seems like a much more cost effective way of getting a cup of joe on the road. Thank you so much for sharing, Cathe!

13. #13 - Saucy Chick Sherry says:

Very smart idea my dear. Years ago we even had an immersion heater for boiling water in a cup for tea and such. It saved us a ton of money when we were young and staying in motels on vacations. This is super economical.

14. #14 - Elaine Allen says:

Hi Cathe –

As a coffee drinker, your blog title really caught my eye today. Heading over to SC Johnson to see how you make them.

Thanks,

Elaine Allen

15. #15 - Alice says:

Clever! I’m not a coffee drinker, but hubby is. Often when we travel he is disappointed in the coffee choices in hotels. Great idea!

16. #16 - Patti S says:

Great idea! One of those ‘now how come I didn’t think of that’ things. I’ve always hassled with trying to fit the filter over the edge of my mug, leaving a little well for the coffee, then pouring hot water over it, but it takes too long and I always manage to let the filter slip from my hand around the mug and in go the grounds. Ugh! This is soooo much better!!! And…I’m so going to make a bunch of these when camping season starts! They’ll be perfect to take along!

17. #17 - Frankie says:

I love this!

18. #18 - sheila Zachariae says:

Love this idea! Coffee is expensive and so are those little pods! Going to make some of these myself! Thanks!

SHeila

19. #19 - Kristie says:

I wanted to congratulate Dawn, Sissi and Cheryl on being lucky enough to win the swag bags. A very merry un-birthday to you three! I’m jealous, but I’m sure you all deserve it. Enjoy!

20. #20 - Cristy says:

We used to buy Folger’s Singles for the camper, a mix of instant&brewed. It tastes *bad*. This is a great idea since we can use the grind we’re used to.

21. #21 - Tina Romano says:

Your magazine is one of the most important tools I have in my craft room. Thanks so much for offering this great reference guide to all the (not-as-creative-as -you-are) people like me.

22. #22 - Laura Bray says:

What a brilliant idea! So smart-as always!

23. #23 - Heather Ozee says:

This is a great tip, I would have never thought of doing it like that. thanks 🙂

24. Great Idea…I am the only coffee drinker in the family! Can use this one! Happy April Fool’s Day – for a fun prank….check out my blog!

25. Pingback: Serendipidous! « c squared

26. #25 - Nancy Hartzog says:

Really enjoyed all the original crafty ideas. I’ll be trying some of them. In particular, the individual coffee bags appealsed to me. I am a caffeine addict so this is a great idea. Thanks
    Nancy

27. Pingback: FOOD. by iheartpeace - Pearltrees

28. #26 - Megan L says:

Actually a loose tea ball was a terrible idea for me. Unless you don’t mind a fair amount of grounds in your coffee.

29. #27 - Sharion says:

Very smart. I love the Starbucks Vanilla but I can’t afford a Keurig or $16.00 for the K Cups. But I can buy the bag for $7.00. Merry Christmas to me!!