Country Living Shrinky Dinks Jewelry

I’ve been beyond excited about the new March issue of Country Living magazine coming out this week! I, along with three other DIY bloggers, was asked to share a craft project with their readers. (Uhhm, twist my arm!)  If you are a new visitor of JSIM, Welcome!They favored a past Shrinky Dinks project I posted on my blog so I created a special craft just for the March issue and included free digital images for you to download from the Country Living website.The images are modified scans of vintage flea market ephemera I’ve collected, most of which I’ve shared with you on my blog. Once the images are downloaded , (don’t worry that they look faded, they will burst with color once baked), print to 8 x 10″ Shrinky Dinks sheets made specifically for ink jet printers. Before printing, however, you can personalize some of the images digitally or by hand.

Trim out the individual pieces.

If creating a linking bracelet, punch two holes- one on each side of the images you want to link. I use a 1/8″ punch. It might be a good idea to make a few more than you think you will need for a bracelet so you can adjust the length of the bracelet if needed. If you are making charms to hang from a necklace chain, punch one hole each in either the top or side of the images. Bake as directed to shrink the images. I only bake two at a time because there’s a chance that if you have too many in your oven at once they may curl into one another and stick while baking. It’s fun to watch them distort while baking only to lay completely flat when done.

Once cooled, spray the charms with a clear acrylic to keep any ink from bleeding. Link the charms together with jump rings to make a bracelet.

Finish with a toggle or clasp.If making a necklace, lay out your charms in the order you want them to hang from the chain, then begin adding charms with jump rings working from the center out towards the ends of the chain.Finish the necklace with a toggle or clasp set.
I personalized some of the charms on my necklace. An enveloped addressed to my sister Jennifer, because she’s always been so thoughtful to send me letters to me.

An ID card. (Not my real address.)A personal calling card.

A little name label for me and Mr. Wonderful.The makers of Shrinky Dinks has a wonderful exclusive offer just for JSIM readers! Any size order using the discount code JSIM4FREE gets you a fun, FREE gift! Simply go to their website, ShrinkyDinks.com, click on the Shop On Line button to get to their store. Enter the code in the discount code section at checkout.

Oh, and you’ll want to bookmark these fabulous DIY blogs featured in the same Country Living Idea Notebook!

Camilla Fabbri – cfabbridesigns.com/blog

Brittni Mehlhoff – papernstitchblog.com

Kate Pruitt – katepruitt.com

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

184 Responses to Country Living Shrinky Dinks Jewelry

1. #1 - Jessica H says:

This is WONDERFUL. I too collect a lot of vintage ephemera, I never walk out of the flea market empty-handed. I also love vintage charm bracelets/necklaces, so this is an amazing combination. Thanks for sharing, I can’t wait to try this out for myself (and maybe my sister!)

2. #3 - Brenda says:

Oh, I love your project idea! Can’t wait to try.

3. #4 - Brandee McGinnis says:

That’s awesome! Congratulations!

4. #5 - Connie says:

Thanks for sharing this fun project. I’ve not tried the laser print shrink paper before, but I have my project for this weekend!

5. #6 - Sherry says:

Over-the-top CUTE!
    Thank you AGAIN, CATHE…you are awesome!

6. #7 - Patty says:

So awesome Cathe congratulations!!!

7. #8 - TidyMom says:

FABOULOUS!!!!…..I’ve been waiting to hear when this would be out!!!

8. Pingback: Tweets that mention Country Living Shrinky Dinks Jewelry | Just Something I Made -- Topsy.com

9. #9 - Denise Campbell says:

I definitely want to try that! So cool.

10. #10 - jenny holiday says:

What a fantastic project!! I adore it!!!

Congrats on being featured!! Well deserved!!

xoxo Jenny

11. #11 - Carla G says:

This is an amazing craft project. I just love the envelope. You did a great job!

12. #12 - Dolly/scrapthat says:

Very cute and COOL…TFS!

13. #13 - Libby says:

Cool craft idea! Where do you purchase the Shrinking Dink sheets? I have never seen them before.

14. #16 - Tracey Ireland says:

LOVE IT!

15. #17 - jenny b harris says:

As soon as I saw that project on the contents page I just KNEW it would be from you! That’s one of the cutest ideas I ever seen!!! Oh, I use an embossing heat gun to shrink my dinks, and it works great, you have a much better chance of avoiding the curling-and-sticking disaster.

16. #18 - jenny b harris says:

Ooops, I’VE ever seen… der.

17. #19 - jenclair says:

I love the necklace! What a great project!

18. Gorgeous Cathe! Congratulations, that is exciting! I would just fall right over if I *ever* opened Country Living and saw a photo of something I made! How cool!

Melissa~

19. #22 - MichelleGB says:

So very cool! I love it and now I want to try it! I’m going to pick up that issue this weekend!

20. #23 - Berta says:

Congrats!! Love the necklace. Will keep on the lookout for the magazine.

21. #24 - Emily/winny says:

Ahhh so cute. I will have to buy the magazine! PS I work in Springfield MO!

22. #25 - Michele says:

How cute! I need to bust out my Shrinky Dink paper. Now where did I stow it?

23. Those are so beautiful! I love that you personalized so many of the charms. That makes them truly special! Great gift ideas, I will bookmark this page for sure!

24. #27 - Barbara Moore says:

That is just an amazing craft to try! Country Living is one of my most favorite magazines of all time and I’ve been a subscriber for years. I’ll be looking for the article also.

Hugs XX
    Barbara

25. #28 - Pam says:

Cute cute cute.. love it.

26. #29 - Anna K. says:

How cool! What a great oppritunity and an awesome craft that you can do so much with!

Here’s to your fabulous success!

27. #30 - LeAnne says:

Oh my, I just want to run right out and buy some of that shrinky dink stuff…..I have some that I can stamp on but this looks like it could be even more fun! TFS!

28. #31 - Nikki says:

Oh, I can’t wait to receive that issue in the mail. Congratulations on the feature. You come up with the most creative, clever, and cute projects!

29. #32 - Tanya says:

This is such a cute idea. Great craft to do with teen or tween girls too!

30. #33 - Angela says:

Once again…”you’re a crafting genius”!! I’m glad they took notice at Country Living!

31. #34 - Amy Locurto says:

Congrats Cathe! That’s so exciting! Love the jewelry:-)

32. Cathe, you are SO dang good!! Genius, I tell you. I can’t wait to try these. :)

33. #36 - PussDaddy says:

Aren’t you the talented one? I love your breacelet. Congrats on the article. I will look for that magazine and if I see it I will buy one.

PD

34. #37 - Mary says:

This is my favorite project by far! Thank you for sharing your ephemera!!!

35. #38 - cate says:

As a new follower I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your ideas, do you know if the U.k. edition of country Living will have this craft ?

36. #39 - Patti says:

I just found blank Shrinky Dink sheets at http://www.bswtoy.com

37. #40 - Monique says:

I need to find some of this paper:) How cute cute cute..So glad I get Country Living..hope my subscription isn’t up..

Love the personal aspect of these..Bravo! Bravo!
    You must be thrilled!

38. #41 - Selena Cate says:

Oh I can’t wait to get my copy of Country Living. I think I’ll frame your page and hang it in my office as inspiration. Well done Cathe!

39. #42 - Michelle L. says:

Gorgeous!!! And great tutorial, Cathe! Congrats on your Country Living feature. Those peeps have good taste!

40. #43 - Dot Lewallen says:

What a way way kewl post. I have so many vintage Scottie images that would be PERFECT to make into a great bracelet or necklace to wear to the dog show.
    dot

41. #44 - Gina Kennedy says:

What an awesome idea. I’ll be shrinky-dinking this weekend!

42. #45 - Tina W. (TeaDub) says:

How cool is that?! Love your project!

43. #46 - jackie says:

I love your shrink tutorial. I have made a million shrink art projects over the past 7 years and so glad to see someone else has as much fun as I have. I also teach at a local paper art store and we just finished a shrink art class for Valentine’s Day tags. I need to buy some computer shrink again and do what you have. I usually just rubber stamp or draw on the shrink because I have not found a computer shrink I like. I will buy the Country Living magazine to see what kind you have used . Again Thank You for sharing.

44. #47 - Donna M. says:

How cute! Congratulations on being published in Country Living!

45. #48 - Autumn Hathaway says:

YAY! You so deserve this recognition, for all that you have shared with us. I love the project too! Congrats.

46. #49 - dawn says:

love, love, love, love, love it!
    thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing!

47. #50 - Rebecca Jean says:

You never cease to amaze me. Congratulations of the feature! Once again your projects have my creative wheels turning. So many possibilities with this one. Party favors, Christmas ornaments, gift tags, keychains, charms, luggage tag, earrings, pet tag. Oh, I could go on and on.

♥ Rebecca Jean
    Midnight Maniac

48. #51 - Pamela Gerard says:

Oh my God!!! I cannot believe how fabulous these are. Do you sell any of the finished jewelry? I don’t know if I am talented enough to make these.
    So cool……can’t wait for my Country Living mag to arrive.

49. #52 - Jesicca says:

I am so in love with these! Thank you for sharing. I can hardly wait to start on them this weekend.

50. #53 - Terri Takacs says:

This old school product has made a come back!!! I love this ~ it would be a beautiful addition to a crazy quilt!

51. #54 - ErinK. says:

This is so freakn’ cool I can’t stand it!!!

52. #55 - Stephanie Crow says:

So cool! I hope I can find the shrink plastic~:0)

53. #56 - Saucy Chick Sherry says:

I have always loved making Shrinky Dinks. Your projects are fabulous. Thanks for bringing back the fun. Happy creating…

54. #57 - objectsofwhimsy says:

congratulations very exciting
    and I love the project….reminds me of my shrinkies I used to male from twisties bags.
    I might have to have another revisit of shrinkies this weekend.

55. #58 - woolf says:

PURE vintage magic! wow.

56. #59 - Amy Baldwin says:

I absolute love your shrinky dinks! I didn’t even know they make shrinky dinks for printers. Wonderful to know! I will have to give this a try. Looks like fun!

57. #60 - Elizabeth Toel says:

Cathe, I am just continually impressed with the high quality of your projects. This is just up my alley – love the look of this darling jewelry. I am hoping to find some time to make myself one!

So exciting (but not surprising) to see you in a magazine!!!

Congratulations!

xoxo

58. #61 - Stephanie says:

This is hands down, one of the most fantastic uses of shrinky dinks that I’ve ever seen! You never cease to amaze me!

59. #62 - Lori ODonnell says:

Congrats on a great accomplishment! You are so deserving. And by-the-way, the necklace and the bracelet = so cute, Cathe!

60. #63 - maybaby says:

THIS IS FABULOUS! I have been playing with shrinky dink jewelry, but yours takes the concept to a whole new level! I can’t wait to try it.

61. #64 - Heidi@thecraftmonkey says:

These are adorable! Congrats on the feature in Country Living! How cool!

62. #65 - Teresa says:

Cathe, you are absolutely brilliant! Is there an easy answer to how to personalize the images “digitally”? I’m not sure I have a program that will allow me to edit the images. Thanks for all of the wonderful ideas that you share.

• #66 - Cathe Holden says:

Hi Teresa.

If you have software that works with layers, that is a good way to add text. Other suggestions are to open the file within your software, or place the file within your software. If either of those work, use your text tool to type names, etc. OR, save file as a JPG and use it as a positioning image for typing onto. Then remove the jpg image before printing. Print the original PDF file, then run back through your printer again and print the text section. Be sure to practice with paper first before using up your printable shrinky sheets. Hope that helps.

63. #67 - Dara says:

Cathe, this caught my eye in the magazine like nothing else! I want to try it…..so pretty! And, big congratulations to you for your mag feature!:) Dara

64. #68 - Barbara Beck-Azar says:

I am a fine artist and too crafty, but there is something about your work that simply delights me. You make things easy, beautiful and have inspired me out of a very dry spell! Thank you….
    :-)

65. #70 - Jenna says:

Ohh, this is such a cute idea! I do have a question though. If I were to use my own images, do you recommend knocking down the opacity like you did with yours PDFs? And if so, what opacity percent do I drop it to? Thanks!

• #71 - Cathe Holden says:

Yes, the mfg. recommends this and so do I. Otherwise, your images bake the colors far too saturated. Either screen back 50% or lay a 50% screen of white over the entire piece.

• #72 - Jenna says:

Thanks! Last question because now I’m scanning my images into the computer. Is there a size that you recommend per image? I don’t them too small or too big. You’re the greatest!

66. #73 - Victoria says:

Oh these are cool! Thanks for sharing.

67. Wow. I just downloaded these and haven’t put any ideas into play yet. Thank you so much for the above, it will certainly help me.
    I totally love Country Living Magazine. And these are such cute items.

68. #75 - Kimberly Jones says:

Who knew shrinky dinks could be so vintage chic! I am absolutely smitten with this idea and I can’t wait to try it! I have a ton of vintage ephemera to play with, and I was thinking some of my daughter’s art work would make a wonderful bracelet for her. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

69. #76 - Nancy J says:

Seriously, are you human? I bet you don’t sleep because your brain is just going a mile a minute. You’re an absolute creative genius! How do you constantly come up with such beautiful things. Love, love this. Thanks so much for always sharing and inspiring the rest of us!

70. #77 - Marie says:

Congrats!! Love this project! You have amazing talent!

71. #78 - Barbara Rasberry says:

Love this! Wonderful job

72. #79 - Sue says:

Gorgeous! What a fabulous idea! Can’t wait to buy the magazine! Congrats on the feature!

73. #80 - Curtains In My Tree says:

You sold me I want them also

will you just make it for me ??? PLEASE

Janice

74. #81 - Miss Prickly says:

You are so awesome! Thank you. I have some of the ink jet paper, and I’ve been wondering what to do with it.

75. #82 - Jeannie says:

Love it, Cathe. I’ll pick up Country Living in support!

76. #83 - Cathy Lowe says:

Love your work Cathe…and I know and love your sister Jen, I volunteered in the NCC church office for over a year, awhile back when Jen was still working there, and enjoyed getting to know her…. GOD bless you and yours!

77. #84 - Kay Neil says:

Hi Cathe, I saw this on FB where Jenny posted. I am glad I got to see your website. It is so neat. Love the necklace.
    Love, Kay

78. #85 - Sharon Pfau says:

This is a great idea, I collect everything vintage and this is a great idea.

79. #86 - Jaimee says:

Just saw your feature in Country Living!
    I’m definitely going to give it a try…so clever.
    Thanks a million for sharing.

80. #87 - Shar says:

Brilliant!!!!!

81. Pingback: DIY FYI: Vintage Ephemera Jewellery. « Li'l Magoolie

82. #88 - Shari says:

Oh my! After leafing through my magazine this morning, I had to pull your page out. Then I went online & found you. This has to be one of the most amazing projects I have seen & I cannot wait to make one of my own. I collect victoriana and will pick some of my favorites. Thanks so much for this wonderful project! A new fan….Shari

83. #89 - Shari says:

Funny! I see I am #88 and #87 is Shar That really wasn’t me forgeting to finish my comment. So….hi Shar…..from Shari!

84. #90 - Carmen says:

Wowowow! How beautiful! And congratulations on the article!!!

85. #91 - Dianne Faw says:

WOW! I love this. In fact, I was just browsing and clicking through some links and your site is wonderful. I’ve got to come back when I’m not supposed to be working (shhhh) and spend more time here. I’m a fan of shrinky dinks but the vintage ephemera/charm bracelet is just adorable. Thank you, thank you!

86. #92 - Linda says:

This is such a great project! I love how personalized and original you can make things! Thanks for sharing!!

87. #93 - Bev J Sprenkle says:

thanks for the great information – I use to do shrinky dinks but had forgotten all about them until reading your article in CL Magazine!

88. #94 - Kathy says:

How do you digitally print on the pdf? I have tried and it won’t let me. Unfortunately, my handwriting is not near as beautiful as yours.

Thanks!
    Kathy

89. #95 - Jen says:

love love love!!! By the way, did I mention I love these? Congrats on being in Country Living! :D

90. #96 - Betty says:

I still can’t figure out how to get the pdf file to download or where it is on your site.

91. #98 - Maria Fonnesbeck says:

Congratulations on your big feature! It was one of my favorites from this issue of Country Living. When I opened my magazine yesterday and saw you there, I was so excited.

92. #99 - Heidi Woodruff says:

Oh my! This is such a COOL (or hot???) project! I can’t wait to get the supplies lined up! Thank you so much! Hugs, Heidi

93. #100 - Tammy Sprinkle says:

I was so happy to see your smiling face in my Country Living magazine, this month. What a treat to see someone you know through their blog. I loved his tutorial. I can imagine older kids would love to do these, also.

94. #101 - Jane Phillips says:

I loved the article in Country Living. Made a Shrinky Dink bracelet. I am hooked! Thanks for the article.

95. #102 - Johanna says:

These are so cool! Thanks so much for sharing. I’m so excited to try it! :)

96. #103 - Jessica says:

I was reading through and loving that charm bracelet. Then I saw the letter addressed to your sister and was blown away because alas, my husband is from Springfield, MO. Small world!

Gorgeous and Congratulations!!

97. #104 - Marcy Brennan says:

There is a free site online called Picnik.com. You can upload picture files and there is a place to edit into your photo.

98. #105 - Marcy Brennan says:

Meant to say that you can edit “lettering” into your photo. There are tons of other effects you can do to your photos. It’s addicting!

99. #106 - Marcy Brennan says:

Thank you! I had to get right to making this. I did a necklace, bracelet and earrings. I’d done a few dozen 6×8″ watercolors about 10 years ago and scanned them. So I used these images to make the set and it’s colorful and fun looking! Wore it yesterday and got lots of compliments. It was my “test” set. I intend to make a few as gifts for girlfriends. See my Facebook page for photos of this set: Facebook.com/marcy.brennan

Just one question: I’m using the ink jet shrinky dinks. Sometimes the little tiles turn over revealing the plain white side (reverse side of the image). It’s kind of ugly to see. Any idea if the reverse side will take acrylic paint or stamping, etc? I looked at the Shrinky Dink site and it didn’t address that question. Thanks so much!! What a fun project.

100. #108 - September Ferrante says:

I swear you are so clever! love looking at your site!

101. #109 - kacey porter says:

I love this idea; super cool!!!

102. #110 - Ayssabeths says:

Wonderful Idea! But HELP, everytime I stry this the pieces are not coming out square! They are pulling to one side.

103. Pingback: Tchotchke Tuesdays: Keychains redux |

104. #111 - Laura Glover says:

Love the bracelet and necklace! Can’t wait to make my own. I have been looking for a fun craft project to make and sell. I am excited to get started!!

105. #112 - kim says:

I loved your project in Country Living. I cut it out for reference and downloaded the graphics. What a talented girl you are!

106. #113 - jennifer says:

i LOVE this idea!!!!!! how do you personalize it?? I have downloaded the pics (cute, cute, cute) but can you write on them, ie; sharpie, paint pen??? and how do you go about “typing” on them??? Thanks for ALL you do!!!!!!!!!!!

107. #114 - jennifer says:

well, this is a neat idea to “finish” the backs!!!! thanks!

108. #115 - diane mosher says:

Loved the idea of using shrinkydink paper new to me. I had a terrible time making the bracelet. First I used the clear paper no good,could not see images well enough to cut out. Second bought the white paper, better images, but the ink refused to dry. gave up and sprayed the ones that were somewhat dry, the colors ran . What was i doing wrong?

• #116 - Cathe Holden says:

Hi Diane, I hate to hear how much trouble you’ve had. However, you must use the Shrinky Dinks made specifically for INKJET PRINTING. It doesn’t sound like that’s what you had.

109. #117 - lou says:

I downloaded the sheets from the Country Living site. I had such fun watching the pieces shrink in the oven. I felt like one of my second grade students! I have not made the bracelet yet, but I sure do appreciate the extra directions and pics you have on this site. Thanks and I will be a follower here now.

110. Pingback: Make your own Jewelry – With Free PDF | Colorful Creative Ideas

111. #118 - judy R says:

What size are the pictures of the vintage Easter bracelett to start with so they will sring to the right sive??? Judy

• #119 - Cathe Holden says:

Hi Judy, The images you see are on an 8″ x 10″ sheet of inkjet Shrinky Dinks. The individual charm sizes vary. A good rule of thumb is to make the originals 3 times larger than you want the finished pieces to be. It’s not an exact science, but that’s a good rule of thumb.

112. #120 - chrissy says:

Cathe-I love the bracelet and downloaded the pictures in Country Living but can’t find anywhere to copy them onto the shrinky dink plastic. Copy stores won’t do it because they say laser printers use heat and will melt the plastic and my ink jet printer won’t recognize the sheet as paper. How did you get those copied? Please share. I’m just a casual crafter. Love your website by the way. And thanks in advance for your help. I bought all the supplies from the sites mentioned in Country Living and now I hope I can get the images copied to use it all.

113. #121 - Nancy B says:

Cathe,
    Thank you so much for sharing the Shrinky Dink download. I made some and they are on my blog here:

114. #122 - Dianne Sullivan says:

HI Cathe
    I just made 6 of your bracelets from Country Living. I am so psyched!!! I love them. I just put one in the mail to my 90 year old mother. I just found your site and am excited to explore it. Do you have any other printable pages besides the two you offered, that would make great jewelry. I just saw the necklace, guess where I am heading??? Also, is the shrinkydinks website the only place to get the printable sheets? Are they in stores. I tried the Michaels here but no luck. Thanks and can’t wait to join your group.

Dianne Sullivan
    The Villages, FL 32162

115. #123 - Crystal DosReis says:

Hi Cathe,
    I have been waiting forever to try this project. The Shrinky dink supplies were out at the craft store for a long time so I think everyone read your great idea at once. I finally got the shrinky dink paper made for ink jets, found an ink jet printer that would work, had someone print them for me and then went to work. All of my charms are dark and dingy, almost burnt looking. I don’t think it is the heat as I tried different ones at 300, 325, and 350. I think it may be something I am doing wrong with the printer. Does the lighting need to be changed or brightened before printing them up? I wasn’t there when they were printed so I don’t think she darkened them or adjusted anything else. I am going to try again tomorrow at a different friends home. I am running out of time as I had bought all these wonderful supplies to make my girlfriend a birthday gift. I only have 36 hours left. EeeeK! Does anyone know what could be going wrong? Thanks so much,
    Crystal

116. #124 - Celeste B. says:

So cute!! I really want to try shrinky dinks, they look so cute and there are so many possibilities! :)

117. #125 - cindy says:

re shrinky dinks
    bracelet+++
    Can I merely send YOU the items to shrink
    and pay you to make a bracelet for Mother’s Day?

118. #126 - Stacy Gore says:

I made this for my mama today. We both loved it so much. Thank you, Stacy Jo Check it out here http://mamasworkingtoo.blogspot.com/2011/03/mamas-birthday-bracelet.html

119. #127 - Marilyn Monceaux says:

I LoVe this!! I don’t get out too much to know of all the different products. This amazes me & it’s probably an old craft but I don’t care. Gotta do this ♥ Thanks so much.

120. #128 - Kim Metcalf says:

Thank you so much. I seen you project in Country Living and then I was playing on Stumble Upon, and your page pop up. What a blessing! You are so creative. Making these for Mother’s Day gifts. Thanks again.

121. #129 - Kathy Humann says:

Hi! Love this project. Thanks for the downloadable pages. Im trying to skan some images to “shrink” and am looking for the easiest way to lighten 50%…would you have any suggestions for me?

• #130 - Cathe Holden says:

Hi Kathy,

Without knowing your software or printer, one way is to lay a block of 50% screened white over your art. I work in Adobe Illustrator, so it’s easy on my end. Hopefully others will add their suggestions here. Thanks for asking.

122. #131 - Kathy Humann says:

Thank you for your response. I have gimpshop, but have no clue how to use it! HA My friend downloaded it, but it looks really complicated. He will have to figure it out for me…or maybe we download adobe illistrator too. Love these little shirinky dinks!

123. #132 - Christy Martin says:

Cathe…I love the idea and your vintage goodies are wonderful. I tried this using old family photos (thinking it would be good family reunion gifts). However….I lightened them since you said the colors would be vivid on the finished product. They were not…some are barely visible. So I printed once again…not lightening them at all…my results were worse than the first time. Phooey! Can you email me with any helpful hints…I really want this to work. I have a Lexmark 3500-4500 series printer….with fresh cartridges in place. Thanks a bunch

• #133 - Cathe Holden says:

Troubleshooting:

Be careful not to bake too long. Despite the SD instructions, I bake mine for around 15 seconds, or until the stop distorting and lie flat. The second they flatten I pull them out. Your colors will tend to brown if you keep them in too long. As far as how much to screen back, you may need to try different levels of screening. Print only a couple of photos at once to one end of your sheet of SD and test. Then you have the rest of the sheet to work with. I am really sorry to hear you have been having trouble. Be sure you are using SD for inkjet printers.

• #134 - Christy Martin says:

They baked well…and flattened nicely. The only problem was the color. I did just look at my package of SD sheets…no where on it does it say for ink jet printers. Dang it again :) It’s off to the store for me tomorrow. Thanks for your quick response.

• #135 - Christy Martin says:

I found the SD ink jet sheets on ebay…the shipping was less so I ordered them. Yay…

124. #136 - Brenda says:

Love this idea! I love anything vintage and have lots of family images I could use. I am waiting for my charms to dry so I can make my bracelet. It’s so fun to watch the Schrinky-Dinks in the oven. Thanks for this fun and easy idea.

125. #137 - Cyndi Neumann says:

Thanks for making the Country Living Logo go to page two and waste a page of expensive to me shrinky dink paper!

Cyndi

126. #138 - Jeri Gale says:

Amazing. I just brought home a new set of vintage paper dolls and can’t wait to see them on a bracelet! Thanks for showing me something new.

127. #139 - Laura says:

I have to tell you…I was looking through Country Living at my mom’s house (a magazine subscription that she has because of my children’s mad fundraising skills) and I came across this Shrinky Dink bracelet. I LOVED shrinky dinks when I was a kid (I am 33 now) and although I am not quite sure what we did with them, they were so much fun. Anyway, I made these today with a friend for Mother’s Day presents, a birthday present, and one for me :) . I adore the results. We were all surprised that they turned out as well as the magazine article showed. Thank you for sharing. Your blog is a favorite of mine now. I am not super crafty but your project makes me feel creative and talented :) Thank you!
    Laura Wolfe

128. Pingback: VINTAGE K-9 Cuties: Free Digital Downloads | Just Something I Made

129. #140 - Sharon Dallman says:

I could not download the 34 presized pdf images on the Country Living website for the shrinky dink bracelets and jewelry. Can you send me a better link for me to download? I really enjoy your blog and will continue perusing it once I finish writing this.

Sharon

130. #141 - Stacy Hartgrove says:

Cathe- You are so creative! I can not get enough looking at your website! I am going to use some of your templates to make my first shrinky dink bracelet and necklace! And if all goes well, may be my new hobby! Thank you so much for sharing!

131. #142 - Joan Kulp says:

I am looking for more downloadable pdfs for my shrinky dink jewelry, and I can’t locate some to fit my paper.
    Do you have any website suggestions?
    Thanks so much!
    Joanie

132. #143 - Tracy says:

I love this project! I have made several for friends and would like try some images I have found on my own. How did you reduce the color on your images? When I tried my final project looked washed out. Thanks again for the great idea!

133. #144 - Meg says:

OMG, i just found your site! thank you so much for putting all of these great things up for FREE! i see you’re a fan of The Graphics Fairy–i am too! this craft idea is GORGEOUS and i’m so excited to make this! thanks again–can’t wait to see what you’ll do and share with us next!

134. #145 - Melissa Cella says:

I love this!! How did you fade them?

135. #146 - Melissa Cella says:

I figured out how you faded your pictures:) (Adobe) But I can’t figure out how to fade mine. I don’t have that program. I have Artweaver, but that’s not what I’m using. I was just adjusting the picture in Windows Photo Gallery. I’ve scanned my little girls paper dolls and we’re trying to make a bracelet. I can’t figure out if it’s the contrast or the brightness or the saturation I need to change. The skin tone keeps coming out too dark after they are cooked.

136. Pingback: More Vintage Ephemera | Just Something I Made

137. Pingback: Just to help you understand my obsession with Shrinky Dinks… « the.happy.homester

138. #147 - Scrapbooking Ideas says:

Cool! I could use this technique in scrapbooking! Instead of making a bracelet I can paste it directly after baking! Very nice idea! Two thumbs up!

139. #148 - Laura says:

Wow, this is so perfect for so many fun projects!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! I can’t wait to try it out!!!
    ~Laura
    flutterbysandflowers.blogspot.com

140. Pingback: DIY Jewelry « Art vs. Craft

141. Pingback: 101 Green Handmade Gift Tutorials

142. #149 - Kathy says:

Hi Cathe! I just found your site and am in love with this bracelet! I followed the link to the Country Living article, but the .pdf files aren’t working for me. Is there another link to download the ephemera images? I can’t wait to try this (and look forward to my continued browsing through your site)!
    Thanks!

• #150 - Kathy says:

Please disregard my last post. Turns out that it was my software causing the trouble. I can access the images now. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work and creative ideas!

143. #151 - Kathryn says:

Your post was so inspiring. I just finished necklaces for all the women in my family using photos from my nephew’s wedding this summer. They are so much fun. Thank you!

144. #152 - Mel Hager says:

Unfortunately I’m slow at trying out your project. The pdfs from country living will not open. Is there another location I can download them from? You do amazing work!
    thx,
    Mel

145. #153 - Mary Romero says:

Cathe,

I was wondering do these come out double sided? If not how can I make them double sided? How do you know the size to print them?

Thanks
    Mary

146. Pingback: fun with Shrinky Dinks! (the owl set) « The Frabjous Versipel

147. #154 - Shelia Woodson says:

Is there anyway that you can still get the PDF’s to make the bracelet?

148. Pingback: 101 Tutoriale de cadouri din materiale naturale « ilikehandmade

149. #155 - Patty Stickles RN says:

Hello, this is my first visit and I really appreciate your creativeness and sharing. I am a registered nurse and own a private school that provides classes for nursing assistant certification licensing but am going to be opening a new shop, Sticks & Stones Crafting Corner, hopefully within the next four to six months. I want to fill it with craft vendors like you. I wish you were my neighbor. I look forward to visiting your site many times over. I’ll inform you when my new ‘craft’ site is up & running. Happy Crafting! Patty

150. #156 - Cheri says:

I am sharing your project over at decor2adore{able} on June 10.

Cheri

151. Pingback: Jewelry, DIY, shrinky dinks

152. #157 - GL says:

Thank you for the beautiful printables. Your work inspires me to create. I am making the bracelet from Country Living, and I would like to personalize the images (I want to put a name on the envelope). I cannot figure how to do this. Could you please advise? Thank you .

153. #158 - DeEddra says:

About the shrinky dunks can I do my son artpapers and others on shrinky dinwhat sizereduce the paper to if it’s on a 8 x 10 sheet of paper?. I would love to make a necklace like that so please help with some information. DeEddra.

154. Pingback: Homemade Life: Thoughtful Homemade Gifts | Brave Girls Club

155. Pingback: Jewelry Making Ideas - Live and Inspire, by Lauretta Marie Pierce

156. Pingback: Cro'chou

157. Pingback: Sunday Swagger: Just Something I Made | Math in the Middle

158. #159 - coupon says:

Great work! That is the kind of information that are meant to be shared around the net.
    Shame on the seek engines for no longer positioning this publish
    higher! Come on over and visit my web site . Thanks =)

159. Pingback: Pen and Ink Flowers | Illustrator Freebies!

160. #160 - Discover more says:

Howdy! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?
    There’s a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thank you

161. Pingback: skriva ut på krympplast |

162. Pingback: ten lovely shrinky dink tutorials - dear handmade life

163. Pingback: Sunday Swagger: Just Something I Made | Math in the Middle

164. #161 - LJD says:

What an authentic necklace. Documents and all I see!!!:)

165. Pingback: From Just Something I Made | Do We Get a Grade for This?

166. Pingback: Shrinkage – It’s A Good Thing | Rolling Pins & Needles