Little Vintage Wagons: Free Clip Art

You know I love my little vintage wagons. Even old and damaged red wagons. They’re sweet and practical. I’m guessing they do a little sumthin’ for you too, so I’m sharing two pages of 1940s hardware catalog images as free clip art.{ Enlarged Clip Art Image Detail }

Simply click on the images to access the PDF digital downloads. Look, now you have your own collection of vintage wagons, too!

Design notes: The faux flash card image above was created first in Adobe Illustrator using one of the wagons. I added my name to the side, then distressed the type using the “roughen” effect. I copied and isolated a section of the wagon to create the red area and placed it behind the illustration. Then I placed both onto an image of the back of an old Bingo card I’d scanned years ago and use often for background effects. I copied and pasted the combined images into Photoshop and used Mister Retro Permanent Press filter as I wrote about on my design blog. Additionally, I added a bit of texture using a standard PS filter.

This entry was posted in Free Clip Art, Free digital collage sheets, Free digital downloads, Free PDF files, free vintage art and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Little Vintage Wagons: Free Clip Art

1. #1 - Karen says:

Be still my heart. Sweet vintage wagons. Happy sighs….. :>:>

2. #2 - Gillian says:

oh they are just so lovely!

3. #3 - eliza says:

I love your retro clip-art posts. But I love your design notes even more! I don’t think I’ve seen those on any of your other posts. I’ve been trying to teach myself Illustrator for a while and the book I have is both intimidating and unhelpful. Your notes are neither. Thanks, Cathe!

4. #5 - Natalie Chiles says:

Thank you thank you thank you! My son just moved into his big boy room and I have been pondering what to put on his walls. This is just the thing- I will link up when I get it finished!

5. #6 - Christine says:

Thank you for sharing these, Cathe. They really are wonderful!

6. #7 - Emily says:

these are fabulous! thank you!

7. #8 - Regina says:

These are so precious! Thanks for sharing them.

8. #9 - mary beth says:

Cathe, I have no idea what I can do with these, but they are so darn cute! I was looking at my document file the other day and was reminded of all the precious images you have shared with us, I think I have save them all! Thanks for sharing your talents with us!

9. #10 - Jody Smith says:

Hi Cathe, I love red wagons! My kid’s bathroom is decorated in Dick and Jane. I had a wonderful, talented friend paint a huge red wagon for their bathroom! I have a picture of it on this post from my blog- http://thesmithhotel-thesmithhotel.blogspot.com/2009/12/more-christmas-pictures-of-smith-hotel.html

Thanks!

Jody

10. #11 - isabel says:

wow, thank you! I must comment on your website. I love it!!! I made your little stamp houses, vintage pharmacy labels (for hand washing soap bottles and then for hand towels) for christmas presents. Everything went over so well. My mother in law (well, actually everyone ) loved the stamp houses. thank you, thank you.

11. #12 - Roseanna says:

Thank you Cathe. I have a new grandson coming and these are perfect for a project I have in mind!

12. #13 - objectsofwhimsy says:

perfect I love them!
    Thankyou for posting

13. #14 - Sharry Sullivan says:

Thanks you so much…what a treat!

14. #15 - Paula says:

Oh so darling Kathe! Thanks for sharing!

15. #16 - Jerry says:

I had bought a red wagon for my grandson who left it at our house. My husband became disabled and I use the red wagon often for groceries, yard materials, and new purchases. I love the red wagon. Thanks for sharing.

16. it’s you!!! i was trying to remember which blogger had the wagon collection, but couldn’t. my mil gave me an old wagon recently. it’s a little one, a toy version. very cute, but she took too good care of it, and it hasn’t any lovely shabby bits.

17. #18 - donna!ee says:

thank much, these are FABU! 😉

18. #19 - Resa Dance says:

So sweet! Thank you for offering these! I can imagine making something really cute for my grandsons. And thank you for the design notes – I am so new to all of this and it is super helpful to see the steps you’ve taken in creating your clip art.

19. #21 - michelleb says:

Thanks Cathe for sharing, again! I have an old wagon in my family/livingroom that holds our photo books and a basket of books on ettiquette, how to write thank you notes, famous last words, and the Constitution of the U.S. Unfortunately, it gathers alot of dust, but it’s all there in my little wagon should anyone be interested. I think I will be using one of the images for our family notecards for this year.

20. #22 - Donna M. says:

Oh, I love these! We have two wooden radio flyers (one regular size and one teeny size).

21. #23 - Jennifer Erickson says:

I definitely get sentimental over old red wagons, and have to control myself every time I see one while I’m out thrifting. There are only so many red wagons I can integrate into my decor without becoming a candidate for “Hoarders’. Thank you for this sweet supply of wagons, that is sure to keep my inspired and crafting, but my floor space open!

22. #24 - Marie says:

thank you for sharing the vintage wagons! ;))

23. #25 - ivy says:

thank you!

24. #26 - Resa Dance says:

I combined these cute red wagons with your lacing card idea. I printed individual wagons on red paper, spray-glued them to cardstock, cut them out and punched holes around the wagon designs. I wrote my Valentines greetings to my grandson on the back of each and included thick, round shoe strings for lacing. Thanks again, Cathe, for such great (free!) designs to work with and so many wonderful ideas.

25. #27 - Tania says:

this is lovely – I have been looking all over for these cuties!!! Thanks for sharing

26. Pingback: Jack’s Wagons | Crafting Crazy

27. #28 - jonee sutton says:

I am just trying to get my feet wet and start selling my art at local craft and art fairs. My business is called the rusty wagon and when I saw this image I went totally crazy! I haven’t seen anything like it and want this as my business card. I don’t have access to any of the software that you mentioned. Do you do commission work? I just want the distressed image without the wording on the side of the wagon and words to say rustic wagon in the same type you have. IS this possilbe?

28. #29 - Joan says:

Thanks for sharing these wonderful wagons! I plan to use them in my card-making.

29. #30 - Gail H says:

LoVE these graphics! Can’t wait to incorporate them into something adorable for a soon to arrive grandson!

30. #31 - Carol Giordano says:

Cathe, those are beautifully done and I may incorporate one into a design I’m working on. Thanks for that! Be interesting if you showed the year each one was made, but perhaps that info is not available.