Unique Gift Wrap Ideas

Hi everyone! I’m back from a wonderful weekend creative retreat with friends and I’ve got lots to share this week. But first, I want to share some fun ideas for gift wrapping those awesome presents you’ll be making over the holidays-I bought a wonderful set of 4 vintage paint-by-number 4-season pictures on Etsy back in September and, having yet to hang them, found they made beautiful wrapping paper for the CDs of custom Vintage Monograms I wanted to share during my visit to SC Johnson in October. I color-copied each painted picture onto plain 8.5″ x 11″ paper, the perfect size for CD cases, wrapped and tied up with Divine Twine and tagged with vintage gummed canning labels.I think they turned out lovely.For more fun ideas for out-of-the-box gift wrapping for the holidays, please check out my post over at SC Johnson’s Family Economics HERE.

Disclosure: I am a compensated blogger for SC Johnson.

This entry was posted in Christmas, Family Economics, Holiday Crafts, Paper Crafts, SC Johnson, Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Unique Gift Wrap Ideas

1. #1 - Jo says:

Lovely idea!!!! I usually use newspapers!!! I think they give a special vintage effect in the gift!! The newspapers look even older and more retro if you “die” them with coffee water!!Thank you again for one more time!!!! :-)

2. #2 - Selena Cate says:

I just love paint by number pictures. I pick them up whenever I spot them at sales. You are so clever to have turned them into gift wrap. I think they turned out perfect! I’m now expecting all my Christmas presents to be wrapped with this of course :-) The extra large presents can be wrapped with all four.

3. GORGEOUS wrapping paper! What a fabulous idea =) people are going to want to keep them wrapped instead of damaging the paper opening them =)

xoXOxo
    jenn

4. #4 - Rebecca Jean says:

Oh, I’m swooning over this. The paint by number paper is so lovely. Fantastic idea!

I stopped buying wrapping paper three years ago and am finally down to the last of it. Hopefully next year will be an all repurposed-self-crafted-Christmas. In the wrapping department anyway.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas!

♥ Rebecca Jean
    Midnight Maniac

5. #5 - Leanne Whitehead says:

What a great idea. I like using things such as flannels or cushion covers so then it is 2 gifts in 1.

L x

6. #6 - Elizabeth Toel says:

Another great idea! And canning labels for tags…I am off to Walmart right now to pick some up!

xoxo

7. so. So. SO. Clever! I love this idea!
    Thanks for the twine mention. :)
    Whitney

8. #8 - michelle says:

I love it!!! What a great idea.

9. #9 - Lorrie says:

They are charming, all stacked up like that.

10. #10 - Sarah says:

so lovely; these look like the best gifts ever

11. #11 - carol turner says:

I love it, what a great idea to make your own gift wrap. I laughed when i saw this because i just did a post on using CD cases for gift boxes.

Carol

12. #12 - Emanda says:

As always, GREAT IDEAS. I used the Sunday Funny Pages for gifts to children (and kids-at-heart, too).

Recently I was preparing a gift for a friend but found I didn’t have any appropriate paper. Well, the paper bag that it came in had a pretty design without text on it. So I scrunched it up into a little ball so that it would be evenly crinkled, opened it up and slipped in the gift. I folded over the edge and taped it shut. Part of the gift was an enameled butterfly which I used to decorate the package, but with the holidays you could use a soft sculpture ornament. It was VERY WELL RECEIVED and didn’t cost anything!

13. Hi Cathe – The saturated colors, the nature imagery – these are gorgeous. Definitely bookmarking; I think my readers would love to see this!

14. Great idea…love the thought of copying things and making wrapping paper from them….I am going to search for some “vintage Christmas books” right now. (since I don’t have those cute paint by number paintings)

15. #15 - Elaine says:

I absolutely adore the paint by number wrapping paper!

16. #16 - Nancy Lorenz says:

What a great idea for wrapping paper! You come up with the best ideas! By the way, I am in the market for a new desktop printer – do you mind if I ask what kind you have?
    Nancy

17. #17 - Cristelle Snyman says:

I also love newspapers, but I try and get ones when I’m traveling, so the writing is in interesting and exotic scripts or languages – Chinese paper is my favourite (and I can just get that at the local Chinatown!)

18. Pingback: Paint By Number as Gift Wrap | Paint Me Plaid

19. #18 - Mod Podge Amy says:

Cathe!!! I’m so blown away by you, always. Much love this Thanksgiving. xo

20. #19 - Alyssa says:

What a wonderful idea! I love, love, love the paint by number set. It’s absolutely scrumptious.

21. #20 - Charisse says:

OMG, I remember sitting at the kitchen table back in the ’60s, watching my mom paint that same paint-by-number set. I asked her just the other day what happened to it. I would kill for that set!! :)

22. #21 - Piroska says:

Love the wrapping paper idea!
    I remember my mom getting those paint-by-numbers…the exact same 4! They came in a set. I used to watch her paint them, and was so enthralled with all those little pots of oil paint.

23. Pingback: Speedlink Saturday for Week Ending Dec 4/10

24. #22 - Kristin says:

Love these ideas for smaller little gifts. They really make me think vintage wrap and the word parcel comes to mind:) Just makes me feel all cozy inside!

25. #23 - SOL says:

I feel lucky for finding your site. It inspires me a lot of ideas for this christmas gifts. Thank you very much for sharing all the wonderful ideas your have.

SOL

26. #24 - Kimberly T says:

Love the paint-by-numbers gift wrap idea! I have used the covers of fashion magazines to wrap teen gifts, which are cute and colorful as well.

27. #25 - Car Shelf says:

Beautiful wrapping papers. For most of us like me, how to select the best gift-wrapping paper for the gift is one big question that comes to mind. The art of casing a gift is one big aspect to raise the brows of people as beauty lies in the eyes of beholder.

Regards
    David….

28. #26 - Katz says:

What a terrific idea! You could also print it out on fabric and make a more durable, keepable cd holder!

29. Pingback: I Heart Freebies, Don’t You? « Pero Nunca

30. #27 - Maria says:

I do enjoy the way you have manner this particular issue.

31. Pingback: Hello Sandwich: Ebony Bizys | Just Something I Made

32. Pingback: Sprucing Up Gift Certificates | Rena Tom / retail strategy, trends and inspiration for creative businesses

33. Pingback: Creative gift wrapping ideas! Part 1 of 2 — Sweet & Crafty

34. #28 - Alexandra Gibson says:

Really pretty! I used wallcovering samples this year. They weren’t super easy to fold and wrap, but after some nicely placed ribbons, I was in business! Wrote a post showing it here- http://gibsondesigngroup.net/blog/bid/112113/Unique-Gift-Wrapping-from-Our-Virginia-Interior-Design-Office.

35. Pingback: DIY Paint By Numbers Projects | Broke-Ass Stuart's Goddamn Website

36. #29 - Lisa says:

My heart skipped when I saw your paint by numbers on a web site for “unique gift wrapping”. Going back 35 plus years I remember these hanging in my grandparents home. Can you tell me if the paintings are signed? My mother still has a set of his painting I will for sure be using your clever wrapping idea.

37. Pingback: Sweet + Crafty | Creative gift wrapping ideas!

38. Pingback: Paint By Number Envelope Wraps & Stationery Labels | Just Something I Made

39. Pingback: Creative gift wrapping ideas! | Sweet + Crafty