Macro Home Gallery and a trip to SCJ

As an amateur photographer using only my little pocket-size Canon PowerShot digital cameraI’m still able to shoot some cool close-ups of things around the house to create unique wall art. Read my latest post over at SC Johnson’s Family Economics about creating your own custom macro gallery.

And speaking of SC Johnson…As you may or may not have noticed, I’ve been a paid blogger writing for SC Johnson in both their Right@Home website and the SC Jonson corporate website for two years now. And this week, I am flying from California to Racine, Wisconsin for a SC Johnson Ambassador Welcome Session to become a part of the SC Johnson family by spending time on their campus and learning more about the company. So exciting! I’ll tell you all about it when I return.

This entry was posted in blogging, Family Economics, general craft, SC Johnson, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Macro Home Gallery and a trip to SCJ

1. #1 - Leslie says:

Cathe, have a WONDERFUL time!! Wisconsin is beautiful this time of year — the colors are at perfect fall peak! And you’re going to be AMAZED by SCJ & the campus. Fortaleza Hall is the most amazing place!! The Johnson Family is truly wonderful — you definitely WILL feel like a part of the family.

I wish I could meet you while you’re here! Drop me an email if you end up with any free time!

2. #3 - jen says:

I always enjoy your posts over there…just as I enjoy anything you do! Have a great trip. Can’t wait to hear all about it!

3. #4 - Louise Fortune says:

Enjoy Cathe, many years ago my Husband worked for SCJ here in the UK at the R and D site and as part of his induction he had to spend a week out in the SCJ HQ in Racine. He really enjoyed it but said that nothing could prepare you for the size of the place, he said they have bikes for you to ride in case you need to get from one side of the plant to the other !!

4. #5 - Valorie says:

I luv your blog. I look at it every day. You do such beautiful things and I luv when you refurbish things. Thanks for all of the ideas. You are very talented.

Valorie

5. #6 - Saucy Chick Sherry says:

Congratulations on your expanded SC Johnson training and participation. I love all that you do and create. I too have a Canon and I love it and I am able to take photos like never before. Safe Travels to you Cathe my dear…

6. #7 - Tanya says:

This is a great idea. Have fun at SC Johnson. Sounds like you have a dream job!

7. #8 - Carmen D. says:

Cathe,
    You have such a great eye! I love this grouping of photographs..brilliant!
    Thank-you for sharing such great ideas. Lately I’ve been noticing text and typography everywhere around me…thanks for your inspiration.
    Carmen

8. #9 - Tina Pfeiffer says:

Nice pics, Cathe, my camera has only 8MP and does wonders–yay, Canon! Have fun on your journey!

9. #10 - Trina says:

These are really nice. I recently have been experimenting with macro using a macro lens for my iPhone. The world changes when you look at things really close. Thanks for sharing :)

10. Congratulations! I hope you enjoy WI!

11. #12 - bc says:

I would just LOVE if you posted another tea towel download for 2011 I love mine from 2010!!

12. #13 - Anne Lambdin says:

Just wanted to say thanks Cathe, I received my labels from World Label today!

13. #14 - Luba V Nel says:

thank you for sharing your faith! love everything you do! downloaded your labels to make my boy’s life prettier (he is 2). He loves pictures! (maybe because mama & dada are photographers). I long to get crafty with my hands, your blog is going to push me there.

14. #15 - urbandon says:

Nice macro shots. (You can get even closer with a cheap magnifying glass held against the lens) My little Canon A550 gets better shots that my Sony SLR!

15. #17 - Nell says:

I just wanted to let you know that I just received those labels in the mail! Thank you so much! Now I have to decide what I’m going to do with them. I have way too many ideas!

16. #18 - Monica says:

It’s amazing what can be done with a consumer camera!! I’ve actually been taking really great photos with my blackberry lately. It just proves that it’s all in the artist’s eye, rather than the technology available to them…