ATG and the Cuckoo Clock

My most favorite thing to do on a Monday is to go to my good (and local!) friend Selena Cate’s blog to see what awesome things she found over her weekend of thrifting. Thrift Share Monday on her Apron Thrift Girl blog not only shows what and how she found her treasures, but includes links of many of her readers’s finds from the weekend. Selena’s a total pro, and she shares a LOT of great ideas and techniques for finding and making the most out of thrift store, garage sale and estate sale finds.

Saturday, while my daughter Jamie was warming up for her All-Star baseball game in Sebastopol, CA, I took a jaunt over to a fun little thrift store benefiting Hospice. I found this darling little antique cuckoo clock for $3.It’s missing the pinecone weights, and doesn’t really work, but it was so stinking cute with a mamma bird feeding her babies, I had to bring it home for my studio.

Photobucket

You can enjoy it as well by grabbing my very amature animation for your blog by clicking on the image to access the HTML code for adding it as a blog gadget or into a blog post. Sorry, but with this clock, although it’s always wound, time continues to stand still.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to ATG and the Cuckoo Clock

1. #1 - Christie Cottage says:

Adorable clock!!!

P.S. Thanks for sening me the direct link last week :-)

2. #2 - EmandaJ says:

Hi Cathe,

I LOVE the cuckoo clock and will post it on my blog. I grew up with a cuckoo clock in my parents' house and even now that I don't live in a house with one, I hear the ticktock as an inner rhythm. Thanks for posting this little goodie!

Emanda

3. #3 - Stephanie says:

I also grew up with a cuckoo clock cuckoo-ing away every half-hour (music and dancing on the hour). This will most definitely go on my blog. I love it! Thank you!!

4. #4 - Cheryl says:

Time may be standing still… but to me it says "Lunch time" so its all good! lol
    ~Cheryl

5. #5 - Donna says:

Thank you so much! I love it!

6. #6 - I LOVE color! says:

My husband brought one to his mother home from Japan in 1950 I love it.and I love your Blog. You are soooo clever Be blessed

7. #7 - Violet says:

Thank you! I love the Cuckoo Clock and grabbed it. I'm of German descent and remember my grandparents having several Cuckoo Clocks in the house.

8. #8 - I LOVE color! says:

The 7th is 54 for us We are Blessed as well Be Happy

9. #9 - My Life Under the Bus says:

Oh I have to have this !!!! I would have paid thru the roof for this clock !!! Total score !

10. #10 - sewprimitive karen says:

You know, this is a very collectable Lux or Keebler clock; they go for $50 and up on eBay. I can't believe you got one for $3!

11. #11 - SteveM says:

Was looking for articles on Cuckoo Clocks and came upon your site. Lucky you on your find. The silent Cuckoo that never hits the hour. I was wondering what is the face made of? I couldn’t tell if it was painted wood or a mold. Anyway, I just might take you up on using the moving clock on my blog site, nice touch. Will add link to your site if you don’t mind, you’re very creative. If you happen to read this and have the time to respond, was there anything on the clock to point to the origin?

12. #14 - Steve says:

Cathe,
    What a nice clock. That certainly was a lucky find. Are you planning on having it repaired? I’m guessing it would be well worth the effort.
    Steve

13. #15 - Michelle Mahler says:

I have that coo koo clock!

14. #16 - anonymous says:

I LOVE IT SO STINKING MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. #17 - DEBBIE PHELPS says:

please would you be so kind, and tell me how you make flocking powder, i will be so grateful ,yours sincerely Debbie phelps