Free Blog Headers: Repurposed Designs

New bloggers are joining the ranks daily with so many wonderful things to share. Yay! But not everyone is design savvy and able to create their own blog header easily. And who wants the run-of-the-mill block of color with centered type that comes standard? Nobody, really.I went house cleaning again through my past clients’ preliminary design files. I think it’s a shame to keep useful design hidden away in my computer, so I repurposed some of the never utilized designs into free headers for any newbie or not-so-new bloggers in need of a new look. These were designed with white blog backgrounds in mind, but can be used with whatever background you prefer of course. I favor white as it is the perfect background for making your images pop and never competes with your content.Just click on any header above and drag the larger image into a folder to access. These headers can be easily modified with simple and inexpensive (possibly free!) software by adding text then sizing to fit your header width. Some of these work well with added photos or your own images. I’ve added simple examples to get you going. If you use one, please let me know as I would love to see what you do with it!

37 Responses to Free Blog Headers: Repurposed Designs

1. #1 - The StarShine Company says:

Wow these are wonderful!! Now if only I could think of something creative to do with them…!! =)

2. #2 - Crystal says:

super awesome and generous of you!! just wanted to say that picnik.com is a great free place to add the text that you were talking about. :)

3. #3 - Cathe Holden says:

Thank you Crystal. I'd heard of picnik plenty of times before, but since I'm fluent in Adobe Illustrator, I never looked into it. Thanks to your comment, I went over and played around with a banner and it is the PERFECT resource for customizing these!! Thank you very much!

4. #4 - Shel at Dreamy Nest says:

Awesome! I'm gonna play with one and see what I can do. I've got a blog designer hired {because I can't do graphics} but maybe I can figure this out. Thank you!!!! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

5. #5 - Michele says:

Thanks so much! I've already placed one of your headers on my blog!

6. #6 - Sew Fun! says:

you are truly amazing..and so generous! i was looking last night for a new banner..to customize for my blog. THANK YOU for sharing these designs..i am going to play with a couple of them and see what i come up with. if i end up using one, i will let you know.thanks you again!
    xo

7. #7 - Aimee says:

These are awesome! I'm sure lots of bloggers will get use out of these :)

8. #8 - Flea Market Trixie says:

You are so sweet to share your beautiful creations with all of us, thanks :)

9. #9 - sallypaper says:

Hi Cathe, I'm an extremely new blogger but long-time lurker. I use wordpress and used one of you headers. I added text using picnik.com. I will probably add a little more text like a quote. I tried to use the whole header you provided but my template only let me make it a smaller size. I'd like to use the full size but it's o.k. like it is. Thanks for giving these away. They are all so pretty!. Smiles, Sally

10. #10 - Tamra says:

What a gracious gift!

Tamra
    The Gilded Barn

11. #11 - Rebekah says:

You're so generous, Cathe! Thank you!

12. #12 - Ashley says:

Junie July's Blogust September might be my favorite thing I've seen all day! Your designs are so cute–thank you for sharing!

13. #13 - Miss Prickly says:

Thanks Cathe! I used one of these on my blog.

14. #14 - Liszha says:

Wow! Gorgeous!

15. #15 - lisbonlioness says:

That's fantastic, you really are generous. I know how much hard work even a simple blog header can be. Awesome!

16. #16 - Christie Cottage says:

These are cool!!!

Thank you for always sharing and thanks for the email with the link I was looking for this week!

17. #17 - CraftCrave says:

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [30 Jun 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

18. #18 - TidyMom says:

you are just too talented and generous Cathe!!

19. #19 - bridget {bake at 350} says:

You are amazingly generous! Wow!

20. #20 - Sharon says:

Thank you so much for sharing with us. These are really neat!

21. #21 - sharon says:

How generous of you, I'm pulling my hair out trying to create a button for my blog, wish I was this clever!
    Sharon

22. #22 - Cheree says:

First off…you're cool! You're blog is cool! And you are so nice! Thanks for sharing these blog headers! I was trying to think of something to use for a little blog I'll be starting up! If I use something from here, I'll be sure to let you know! Thanks!

23. #23 - Myrna says:

Love these, Cathe!
    I'm going to use them to change out the water bottle labels. Add a "WELCOME" text on them and slap 'em on water bottles that I like to put in the guest room.
    Also would be fun when packing a picnic lunch and wanting to make the water bottles look special..or taking a lunch to a shut-in, write a special verse on the label.
    Another thing..to snazz up a plain pillar candle really quick for a dinner party..oh~the things you can do! (to quote Dr. Suess!!)
    Thanks so much!!
    Blessings!
    Myrna

24. #24 - Alliea says:

Just a quick note to say TYVM! I grabbed one for a project later on down the road!

25. #25 - Angela Noelle of Striking Keys says:

Stunning, as always.

26. #26 - Twyla Gariepy says:

ooh i totally love that "sixpence" one.

27. #27 - me says:

Thank you for allowing us to use these… I have created my new header and have a post in draft at the moment – going through all the changes i have made to my blog. Hope it is okay that I linked to this as well. THANKS!!

28. #28 - paula says:

i ve just found your blog via allsorts.typepad.com and im overwhelmed! you have really amazing stuff. could i use one of these headers for my soon to open etsy shop? is that ok with you? let me know if i cant use it. ill keep on reading!

29. #29 - Cathe Holden says:

Yes, Paula, help yourself! But please let me know when you do so I can check it out AND the goodies in your shop!

30. #30 - kami jual keychain!! says:

thanks for giving it away,i'm using it on my online blogshop. you are sooo kind,,

31. #31 - Nancy C. Turner says:

thank you for sharing. I am using one of your fab headers on my new blog.

32. Pingback: I Heart Freebies, Don’t You? « Pero Nunca

33. #32 - Marie-Eve says:

Bonjour Cathe. Thank you for sharing! I am using one of your headers that I have modified slightly on my first blog. This is very helpful for beginners!

34. #33 - Sophia says:

Hello Cathe,
    I used one of your Headers for my new Blog and since I’m new in the blogosphere, it’s been very helpful to me.
    Thanks a lot and feel free to take a look at it. I altered it a little bit and I would love to know what you think about the whole blog layout.
    Thanks again
    Sophia@ stay-sunny.blogspot.com

35. #34 - Greg says:

Very nice ! Thanks a lot !

36. #35 - kssn says:

so nice headers,they have vintage look,i like them,nice work.

37. Pingback: 40 Awe-Inspiring Blog Header Designs that tips before Create