Envelope Writing Sheets: Free Images!

Lately, I’d been coveting a very expensive font. I think I’ve even had dreams about using it. It’s so fabulous I can hardly stand it. If you’re a designer, you get my passion for fonts. If you’re not, you may think I’m off my rocker.But finally, I had a logo project come through that was the perfect reason to drop the dime. The font is House Industries Eames. It’s only available as a font family, making it so costly, not to mention the attention to detail the designers put into it. The font comes with lots of great ornaments and frames and has a great background story. So while I had Adobe Illustrator open to work on other projects yesterday, I snuck in a little fun blog project using the Eames font and extras.

I designed an all-in-one letter/envelope complete with round closure seals. The back side is dotted to keep your hand writing straight. You can opt out of printing the inside of course. Click on the images below to access the PDF files.This project motivated me to finally write my sister, Jennifer, a little letter.Once printed and folded- -write a note, fold back into an envelope, tuck the flap inside at the curve and seal with one of the circle designs, (I sprayed the back of the circle seal with strong spray adhesive, but a glue stick should work just as well.) Flip over and address. What more appropriate postage than an Eames stamp?I am adding an additional blank design as a template. Use with your own awesome designs, or print to card stock, cut out and trace around on funky paper such as a magazine ad or scrapbook paper then add a simple blank sticker for addressing. Put a smile on a letter carrier’s face!I designed the template to fit 4″ x 6″ photos, so make some photo envelopes! Click on the above image for the PDF file. Reduce template in size and use for making gift cards.

What else could you do with the template?

PS. After posting, I realized postage is now 44 cents. I’d been savoring my very last Eames stamp too long I suppose. Now I’ve got to go retrieve that letter from the box and add extra postage…

69 Responses to Envelope Writing Sheets: Free Images!

1. #1 - Rachel Ann says:

Wow – that's really nice! I am always looking for envelopes to match my homemade cards, and since this fits 4×6 it will be perfect! Thanks so much for sharing :0)

2. #2 - Sebby says:

Thanks so much for the photo sized envelope, now I can stop dropping hard earned money for that! Never even occurred to me to make it myself, see what another perspective can do for you!
    Also, you're not crazy! I crave fonts like I crave chocolate! My friends made me an joke award at work for "the largest font collection in the continental US" once 🙂 And now I've seen Eames, I want it too LOL!
    I'm just an amateur though, so it's mostly freebie fonts for me!

3. #3 - Geralyn Gray says:

You are awesome……love the flap!!!!!! A letter to my sister would be the best use for me too!!!!

4. #4 - The Pennington Point says:

If only I had seen this a week ago! I would have loved to use the template for my son's graduation announcement/picture. Oh well, next kid. 🙂

Thanks for all you do. Your blog is one of my favorites! Lisa~

5. #5 - MonicaBerry says:

Thanks for sharing! I needed envelopes for homemade cards & this should do nicely! 😀

6. #6 - ★All Thingz Related★ says:

This is so great! Thank you!
    {Rebekah}

7. #7 - Karen says:

I was poking around the Eames site and they do have some delish fonts!! The envie letter all in one is fun….thanks giving us a little something fun to slip into the mail! :>

8. #8 - sassypackrat says:

I LOVE House Industries! Whenever their catalog arrives I spend time drooling over the fonts! I'm a major type geek! Alas the expense cannot be justified right now for me but so thrilled to see you brought one and the fun project you did with it!

9. #9 - Kristin says:

Thank you for this fun download! My husband loooves this font collection. I think I'll surprise him with this letter. He will be amazed at my coolness, thanks to you. 🙂

10. #10 - Dittman says:

Very nice! Reminds me of the old aerograms I used to send overseas friends.

11. #11 - Vintage French Hen says:

You are so cleaver! Thanks for sharing this with us, Marcia

12. #12 - mb_in_dc says:

I hate you! I would have happily spent the rest of my life not knowing about the Eames font selection. I want to buy them all… Tiki fonts! Monster fonts! Samba! Shag! so many… I love fonts and I don't do anything remotely artistic… Also, thanks for the envelope template, very cute.

13. #13 - Anonymous says:

Cathe, thank you for your wonderfully creative ideas. I frequently lurk on your site as I don't have has much time to craft as I used to. I'm using your template to create thank-you cards for my son's Super Mario Brothers birthday party. They're certainly not as sophisticated as your envelopes, but they look great. Thank you so much!!!

Kim

14. #14 - Mary says:

You so rock, Cathe! I'm gonna send one of these to my niece for her b-day. toodles~

15. #15 - Malinda Lloyd says:

THANK YOU for the printable!! I love House industries – but these guys are my favorite I think:

their prices are sooooooo much more reasonable lately. I shudder to think how much I paid for "motion" or that my husband's company spent on "Senator"

16. #16 - GrapeSugar says:

I really love reading your blog. I get so excited about stationary stuff, little mini things, and all things creative. 🙂

You make me dream of your job!

17. #17 - CraftCrave says:

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [27 May 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

18. #18 - Sara says:

OMG! I LOVE this!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

19. #19 - Holly says:

very cool template!

20. #20 - jonnajonna says:

Oooh! This is lovely! Thank you! And isn't Illustrator AMAZING!? I LOVE it! 🙂

21. #21 - kinuki says:

Que bonita idea.Me encanta.

22. #22 - Robin. says:

this is really cool! thank you :o)

23. #23 - Deb says:

That is a wonderful font. I am a font freak and I may have to get that one. Lovely creation, too!

24. #24 - MelaKamin says:

wow – how gorgeous and so generous of you to share! Love it.

25. #25 - Dayhomemama says:

Oh Cathe, I get you font passion, I own a bunch of fonts I have yet to use but they were too cool to pass up. Back when I was little, it was fun to go through my Dad's letraset catalogs and copy fonts (eyeball and hand) for my book report covers…now I sit here on the internet looking at sites and get fonts for scrapbooking. Things sure change in 30 years!!

26. #26 - Stephanie says:

I adore fonts and wish I was a designer and could use them more. You are so awesome to share all these great things!!

27. #27 - Jennifer says:

I am not a professional designer, but oh how I dream of owning the Eames font set! I get the House Industries catalog a drool over it every time… doesn't hurt that the sets come in those beautiful wooden boxes either.

Thanks for the super-stylish and -useful freebie. It may encourage me to send a written letter for the first time in a long time!

28. #28 - TheresainMS says:

Thanks so much for this; I need to send my sister a 'happy' I picked up for her and this will be a good way to do just that 🙂

29. #29 - Joyce Joneschiet says:

I know what you mean about fonts! I'm an interior designer but love graphic design as well. I could go crazy at myfonts.com with all the cool fonts!
    Thanks for sharing this amazing project. I love it!
    Joyce

30. #30 - We are ZNE on etsy! says:

Hi there! This post was shared today on Born Broken's Freebie Friday post. Wonderful freebie!~

31. #31 - Dianna says:

LOVE the fonts!!!

Thank you for sharing your super cute enve~notes…I'm going to print some out for the kiddos to sent their Aunt this summer.
    Snail mail is NOT dead*!*
    : )

32. #32 - kristianne25 says:

Thank you so much for sharing:) I love this! I am also a font junkie as well!I have a lot of letters I've been meaning to write now I have a reason to:)Have a great weekend:)Kristianne25

33. #33 - carolyn says:

Thank you so much for sharing this. I know exactly who will be receiving one of these. It's funny, I was just thinking about her today too. BTW, LOVE that font!

34. #34 - poppy says:

I love these, I love mail, I will use these for christmas card next year, I like to design my own- how clever card and envelope in one!

35. #35 - The Pennington Point says:

I just passed a blog award on to you. I couldn't resist. Yours is such a blessing to me! Lisa~

36. #36 - Anonymous says:

Hi Cathe,

Could you tell me what font is used on the header of your "Custom Vintage Monograms" page? Specifically the one used for the word "Vintage". Been looking for a while for cursive font that has very big loops.

Thanks!

37. #37 - Anonymous says:

This year I'm taking part of a craft fair for a first time ever. I had lots of plans for what to do with money I make. Now I know, buy the eames font pack. Serious droolage.

38. #38 - Liszha says:

I just found your blog through the graphics fairy and I am so happy that I did. I love, love, love all your great ideas. So not finished browsing through your blog yet.
    Thanks
    Lisette

39. #39 - Kim says:

I want that font too…it is awesome! I can't wait to see what else you make with it…thank you for the letter-writing template! I downloaded it right away!!

40. #40 - Cathe Holden says:

The font used for the word Vintage in my Vintage Monograms header is Burgues and can be found here:

Thanks for all the great comments everyone, I sure appreciate them!

41. #41 - Anonymous says:

Hi Cathe,

Thanks so much for the info on the Burgues font!

42. #42 - Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA says:

Cathe, here's a voice from the past. I hope you remember me. I used to be Sara Greenfield, now Chapman, and I'm up in Seattle. I'm a blogger, too! I do a lot of photos, take a look if you have time. I love your work and share your font love. Take care, Sara

43. #43 - Jennifer says:

One of the greatest gifts I ever received was you as my sister. Even before the gift of salvation, motherhood or grandmotherhood, YOU were my gift.

For all of you out there in Craft-Blog Land, getting a handmade item from Cathe is a great thing …but…getting a hand made item from Cathe, my sister is the best thing EVER!

I love you sweet sister.

44. #44 - Anonymous says:

I just found this … its lovely. We are to go on a trip tomorrow and I must go and print a few off for my daughter to send to her friends. 🙂

45. Pingback: Escribe una carta diferente | Bueno, bonito y barato

46. #45 - Krissa says:

This is great! Thanks a lot! I will be printing and sending it soon. Not enough people use snail mail anymore. 😉

47. #46 - Deborah K says:

Thank you! This is wonderful and the font is awesome! I totally get the font thing. 🙂

48. Pingback: {tuesday’s top 5} printables for letter writing | 74 Lime Lane

49. #47 - Katy says:

Merci beaucoup pour cette belle générosité
    Biz

50. #48 - Debra says:

Wow! I absolutely love your design and idea of marrying both the letter and envelope together. It’s a smart and economical way of saving paper. I would make it 11×14 to allow the sender more space to write. Extra postage may be required. You could probably make the weight if the paper slightly thicker..not too thick. We don’t want bulkyness, for those who desire to add a keepsake in addition to their lovely letter. Nice job!

51. #49 - Ellen Crawley says:

Love this, thanks!

52. Pingback: 30 Days in Handmade November–Day #6 | QUIET WORKINGS (or not so quiet).

53. Pingback: the five // write it - 74 Lime Lane | 74 Lime Lane

54. Hello! Just found this (three years later, lol) and I love it! Love your style, love your “voice” and especially love the name of your blog and website, lol! Thanks for a lovely little template. If I had time I would check out the rest of your blog….soon, hopefully. Cheryl Ann

55. Pingback: Gör egna kuvert till julkorten |

56. #52 - RobinM61 says:

Hi! Thanks for the great templates! You asked what we’re going to do with them…I am making a hand bound book for my niece and wanted to include some envelope pages…these will fit the bill perfectly!!

57. #53 - Cathy Spradlin says:

Thank you so very much. This is a very creative design, and i think you have a real talent for making things.

58. #54 - Jean Jones says:

I really appreciate the free envelope template! Thank you so much.

59. #55 - Jannet Barros says:

This is so great! Thank you for sharing.

60. #56 - Michelle says:

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!! I have needed envelopes for 4×6 photos since Christmas! I have been unable to find just the right ones. This is PERFECT! I love the blank template so I can change them up for holidays and special occasions. Thank you so much! I’m so glad I found this on Pinterest. I will definitely be following you. 🙂

61. #57 - JulieB says:

Thank you very much for your attractive envelope printable and the template too, Cathe! I love the colors you used. I love that font as well. I wonder why so many of us are thrilled by them, but others couldn’t care less? My mom thinks I’m crazy. I don’t think the rest of my family gets it either, now that I think of it.. I could play around just typing random words in different fonts for longer than I would admit. 🙂

62. #58 - Donna says:

Thanks for sharing this template! Just what I have been scouring the internet for.

63. #59 - Indre says:

Thank you a lot!

64. #60 - harrysh says:

nice job!!!!

65. Pingback: Gör egna kuvert till julkorten |

66. #61 - Tricia D says:

This is the cutest envelope I’ve seen in a long time it’s so different, my mother-in-law is 96 and she saves every card or letter I send her. This will be a real treat to have something so different ! I think she will be so thrilled
    To get something so different for a change!
    Thank you so much for the downloades. Now I can make her a different one every time I send her something…. she loves getting my letters.
    Thanks so much.
    Tricia

67. #62 - fatima says:

muy lindos Gracias!!

68. Thank you so much. I have wanted to make one this size and it never turned out right.