Socks RePurposed

Old socks. New socks.
Cut, sew and glue socks.
Argile, polkadot,
Red, white and blue socks.

Can you tell I raised 3 children on Dr. Seuss?

Click HERE to read my post on repurposing socks in the Family Economics section of SC Johnson!

7 Responses to Socks RePurposed

1. #1 - Cassie says:

Great ideas!!!
    We make arm warmers with socks…my daughter loves them!!!

2. #2 - Suzanne says:

Honestly, those were fabulous ideas. I especially loved the heating pad and nursing injuries suggestions. I've used socks many times as cleaning mates. Just slip that baby over your hand and you can dust even the hard to reach places! Such great suggestions!

3. #3 - Yvonne @ StoneGable says:

Cathe, What a creative and helpful post. I will never look at socks the same way again.
    You have a fabulous blog. And you should be so proud of Mr. Wonderful- a true hero of service!
    I have enjoyed visiting you today.
    Yvonne

4. #4 - Amber says:

Those are great ideas!

5. #5 - Jessica says:

That's a great list! We have a sock monster at our house that seems to only eat one of the two socks… so I always try to come up with good uses for them. Here's one little project I did for my kid's room if anyone is interested:

Jessica

6. #6 - CraftCrave says:

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [16 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

7. #7 - Gorel says:

Love it!
    I got fed up with all tha unmatched socks, and the neighbourhood park needed some action… Hence, the SOCKOUTSTALLATION was born. An installation of socks, outdoors. We invited people to bring their socks, put up clothes lines and put tins with clothes pins nearby. Then people hung the socks all over the place. Very colorful and very funny! We will repeat the sucsess this summer. So if you are travelling to Sweden, swing by the island of Gotland, and don't forget your unmatched socks. You micht find the mate! :-)