The Blissdom10 Conference

Let me start this post by saying how much I missed you while I was away at the Blissdom10 Conference in Nashville! It was a whirlwind experience and I just couldn’t find the time to blog, let alone craft for a post while I was there. But, now that I’m back home I look forward to sharing a few highlights from my trip. I’d never been to a blogging conference and I have to say, I was a bit overwhelmed! So much to learn and so many wonderful women to meet. (I am getting blisters from the hole puncher making my business card organizer with so many new contacts!)I will begin with the very best part of my trip:
Selena Cate, Apron Thrift Girl.
Selena and I met through blogging, discovered we were local to one another and decided to meet, travel, room, and experiece Blissdom together. Over those 5 days we became fast friends and spent many hours brainstorming wonderful projects and collaborative posts together. Ours is a new relationship that I look forward to nurturing for a lifetime.I met so many fantastic women, including sisters, Kris Thurgood and Kim Christopherson of The DIY Dish. These women rocked my world. Check out their site for the sweetest video of them and you’ll see why their kind and fun personalities are completely infectious. They were only two of the very few crafter/bloggers at the conference- apparently, we were a rare breed.

Aside from learning so much from the great speakers and panelists, sharing contact information with and learning about new acquaintances, the highlight of the Blissdom conference was The Adventures of Flat TidyMom! Our sweet friend, once reproduced, took off in different directions during the conference, with me and the extremely fabulous Amy Locurto of Living Locurto and I Heart Faces.Photo of Amy, Flat TidyMom and me by Angie Arthur of Angie Arthur Photography, The Arthur Clan, and I Heart Faces.

I’m sorry, did I mention Harry Connick, Jr.? That’s right, Flat TidyMom and Harry had a somewhat intimate moment on stage at his amazing performance during the conference.Photos of Harry and Flat TidyMom by Selena Cate, Apron Thrift Girl.
For a hilarious play by play of that event and many others that our flat friend experienced, you have to read this great post by TidyMom herself! For more photos of her adventures that are sure to crack you up, check out the Blissdom Flat Friends Flickr set! Also, you have to read Angie Arthur’s great post on The Arthur Clan blog.

For another wonderful recap of not only the conference but the gorgeous hotel we stayed at, check out Centsational Girl’s post today.

….Now, it’s time to get crafting!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to The Blissdom10 Conference

1. #1 - Jana says:

woohoo back to crafting! I love your style and set your card aside to show my MIL! I am definitely in the mood to make! cant wait to see what you have in store, I am so glad you enjoyed yourself, we are praying for you and your husband and are so blessed to have Firefighters and their wives taking care of us all on the homefront. Thanks for all that you do miss Cathe, I have a great pic of you, I'll email it!!!

2. #2 - Kimm at Reinvented says:

Hi Cathe, it was so great to meet you at Blissdom! I must compliment you on the Flat Tidy Mom idea, she was the hottest thing there! :)

3. #3 - Dandy says:

OMG those pictures of flat tidymom had me laughing so hard!

4. #4 - Destiny says:

SO funny! I love Harry Connick Jr.! My husband proposed to me at one of his outdoor concerts in Memphis, TN – we were about 50 ft from the stage – what a night! Sounds like you had a blast!!!

5. #5 - Apron Thrift Girl says:

Cathe, it was truly such a pleasure to meet you. Okay and as sappy as it sounds there is a part of me missing you. Funny eh? At least I have your blog to read as I'm going through Cathe withdrawals.

6. #6 - Whitney @ Whisker Graphics says:

Welcome back and can't wait to hear about what you learned and your adventures. Interesting about the craft blogger being a rare breed…

7. #7 - Rose says:

Harry Conick Jr and Flat Tidymom = priceless!! I have a huge smile on my face and am only a little bit wishing (okay, A LOT) it was me he was kissing.

8. #8 - TidyMom says:

Thanks for the WONDERFUL ride Cathe!! It was such fun!!…almost better than being there….aside from not getting to meet you in person!!….BUT ONE DAY……..

~TidyMom

9. #9 - Anonymous says:

Glad you had a good time….Flat Tidy Mom…hilarious!!!!

Caryn

10. #10 - Stacey says:

How wonderful and cute for you to do that for your friend! None of my friends have ever gotten me kissed by Harry (flat or not) :)
    PS. I love the towel head flattie behind the shower curtain too. So adorable! What a great idea.

11. #11 - Angie - The Arthur Clan says:

You are awesome Cathe and it was a highlight to get to meet you at Blissdom this year!

You were a genius to think of the Flat Tidy Mom idea as well…you truly made Cheryl's entire year. :) I love ya just for that!

12. #12 - Anne (La Vie en Rose) says:

Awesomeness on so many levels!

13. #13 - Infarrantly Creative says:

It was a nice to meet you Cathe. I can't wait to grow our blogs this year. What a wonderful conference to spur us on toward being better. Hugs!

14. #14 - Sandy says:

Cathe, I'm so disappointed we did not get to visit and get to know each other more. You took such good care of Selena, she is such a doll! It sounds like you had a great time and I'm very happy that we at least met! Keep in touch! Sandy xo

15. #15 - sweetjeanette says:

I moped around the house all weekend because I didn't get to go, but wow! Your recap was great! Thanks for taking us along!

sweetjeanette.com

16. #16 - Nap Warden says:

SO great to meet you at Blissdom…I'm off to email you;)

17. #17 - Kris says:

Cathe, What an absolute THRILL it was to meet someone who you could just connect to immediately. I can't thank you enough for your genuine kindness. It felt like Kim and I had known you forever. I am really, really looking forward to following you and to even possibly working on future projects together. Thank you for being YOU.

18. #18 - My name is PJ. says:

You are too cute to be believed! That top photo of you and your new BFF is EXCELLENT of both of you!

It must have been so much fun!

And Harry Connick with flat Tidy Mom was tooooooooo funny!

19. #19 - Dayhomemama says:

Wow, what a great experience. Even if you are a rare breed, thank goodness for you and your blog, it has brought many of us much happiness…keep the great projects coming!!

20. #20 - Amy @ Living Locurto says:

YOU are fabulous! I wish I had more time to spend with you. I'm just so happy we got to meet in person. It was one of my biggest highlights from the weekend!!

21. #21 - Centsational Girl says:

What a great conference, so good to be back ! Delighted we are friends, and can't wait to meet up for coffee !

Kate

22. #22 - Laryssa Herbert says:

So glad to finally meet you! I've been enjoying and downloading things from your blog all year. :-) You are so sweet to have asked me to sit with you during one of the last sessions. I'll never forget that, thanks!

23. #23 - debra says:

Looks like it was lots of fun but we're glad your back.

24. #24 - patty says:

made my way here from a post by the brown-eyed fox… loved your recap, especially that of HCJr and flat tidy mom.. :) and hope SO much to be there next year… cheers!

25. #25 - Dawn says:

Hahaha, that is THE best pic that I have seen come out of Blissdom yet!!!

26. #26 - Nap Warden says:

Hey there, I shot you an email…just wanted to make sure you got it;)

27. #27 - Barbara Bechtel says:

sorry, i would chop off my right arm to be flat tidymom….in a wonderful dream….

28. #28 - Heather Irene says:

Ok. Hands down, this is one of my favorite posts EVER. It has pictures of Harry Connick Jr. in it!

29. Pingback: Look Who’s Going to Blissdom’11! | Just Something I Made