Bring a Friend to Blissdom10!

In two weeks, I am heading to the Blissdom Conference in Nashville. I can’t begin to tell you how excited I am about going, learning more about blogging, connecting with bloggers from all over, making new friends and meeting the ones that I have only known through the internet. The buzz is everywhere about Blissdom10, so much energy in the air about going. But, unfortunately, not everyone that wants to go CAN go for many reasons such as childcare, money, work, the conference sold-out, just to name a few.

My very dear blog friend, Cheryl, aka: TidyMom, wants to go SO bad, but it’s just not doable for her this year. In corresponding with her, she half-jokingly mentioned it would be nice if she could go as FLAT TidyMom and be there in spirit, (inspired by the Flat Stanley Project.) Well! Say no more, Cheryl! Because THAT I can do!!
So, TidyMom’s bags are packed, (read: she’s gettin’ folded) and WE’RE GOIN’ TO NASHVILLE!
Of course, I couldn’t stop with just taking her, she has to be dressed appropriately, right? I mean, consider the photo ops! I also made her a couple of conference day outfits, a cocktail dress, workout wear, and some jammies for movie night.FLAT FRIEND 1 ••••••••• FLAT FRIEND 2••••••••• FLAT FRIEND 3FLAT FRIEND 4••••••••• FLAT FRIEND 5 ••••••••• FLAT FRIEND 6

If you’re going to Blissdom and want to take along a blog friend that’s unable to make the trip, I’ve created PDF files of 6 bodies for you to download, one or all, make any color or design adjustments you’d like, (such as skin-tone or adding a blog/logo to the shirt and name to the event badge,) attach a head-shot before or after you print out onto cardstock, then fold and go!
Click on numbered text below images to access PDF files.

However, if you want to go to Blissdom10 and can’t, and don’t have anyone to take you flat- Make your own and send ’er to me, I’ll take you! Email me by Jan. 25 for details.

UPDATE! CLICK HERE to see the Flickr Group link to photos of Flat Friends @ Blissdom10!

68 Responses to Bring a Friend to Blissdom10!

1. #1 - TidyMom says:

I'm in tears Cathe! OMG! I'm SOOOO excited!!!! this is GREAT! I LOVE the shot of ME on the suitcase!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!……and I couldn't ask for a better roomie!♥ you're THE BEST!!!!

~TidyMom

2. #2 - Haden News says:

I wish I was going…sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. You are too funny with Flat TidyMom…what a cute and clever idea! I helped my niece with a Flat Stanley project last year and had a lot of fun taking Stanley around town!

3. #3 - Judy says:

You will love Nashville, that is where I live! Make sure you bring a pair of jeans, it's all about the jeans and some boots!

4. #4 - bridget {bake at 350} says:

OMG!!! THIS is SO fun!!! You guys are so creative! LOVE the pj's and the cocktail dress. Flat TidyMom better get a kiss from Harry Connick Jr.!

I think Flat TidyMom needs a friend…how about Flat Bake at 350? 😉

5. #5 - Destiny says:

This is the cutest thing ever! I wish I could go too! I'm from Tennessee and miss it SO much! I lived in Nashville for a few years and LOVED every day of it! Have a blast! I can't wait to read your posts when you get back!

6. #6 - deb@birdonawire says:

This is a fabulous idea! and I know that Cheryl is rockin this! Congrats on a brilliant idea! Keep em comin!

7. #7 - Rachel says:

Bee-yond Adorable!

8. #8 - AManda says:

You never cease to amaze me… BEYOND creative and talented!!!

Great job!

Blessings-
    Amanda

9. #9 - elsiee says:

that is such a lovely thing to do – have a wonderful time, I'll be back to "read all about it"! namaste, elsie

10. #10 - Pearls and Grace says:

How sweet of you!

I am going to Blissdom for the first time and I am just stopping by and meeting other bloggers who will also be in attendance!

So nice to meet you!

Sibi

11. #11 - Centsational Girl says:

That is brilliant ! Must tweet right now. LOVE it !

12. #12 - Charlene says:

THAT is the cutest thing I have seen in a LONG TIME!!!!!!! I didn't even know about this. Now, my curiosity is up & I am off to check this out. HAVE A BLAST, TAKE LOTS OF PHOTOS & COME BACK & SHARE!

Oh, I forgot to say that I found you a week or so ago & LOVED your blog. So, now it's on my sidebar so I can see when you have a new post up & others can link to you from me. Hope that's OK with you. I think it kind of like following taken to the next level.
    Hugs! Charlene

13. #13 - Alyssa Avant says:

You are brilliant how cute is that!

14. #14 - Angie - The Arthur Clan says:

This is hysterically funny – I love it! But I'm so sad that TidyMom won't be there…for some reason I thought she was going. At least she'll be there in "flat" style. LOL!

15. #15 - FleaMarketTrixie says:

Too cute! Sounds like fun!

16. #16 - CitricSugar says:

Cathe – you are just too awesome. I so needed a laugh today and this hit the spot. I plan on making all sorts of flat people…. Too fun!

17. #17 - design_aholic says:

OK, you have to take me too! I'm making a point to go next year, but this year, didn't make it in time! 🙂

18. #18 - Jackie says:

you are so talented and a wonderful blogger! tidymom is luck to go with you lol…..have fun..

19. #19 - sweetjeanette says:

You're so cool!!!!! I love your idea. I wanted to go to Blissdom, but maybe this is finally the way!!! LOL

20. #20 - debsea says:

what a wonderful friend you are!

21. #21 - Katie says:

Unfortunately, I'm not going to Blissdom but I am going to the conference in Disney next month. This would be such a fun way to bring my blogging partner from my educational blog with me!

22. #22 - Anonymous says:

OMG that is the cutest, most thoughtful thing I have ever seen. Ever so sweet and creative, as usual!

23. #23 - carissa... brown eyed fox says:

genius!
    i love it!
    smiling from ear to ear over here…
    you never cease to amaze!

how cute cheryl is too… i know yall will have a ball!

the FUN under that roof! my word!

24. #24 - Kaycee says:

This is fantastic, creative, and hilarious! Well done!

I don't suppose you would consider adjusting it to make a child version for download? My niece is turning six next week and the thought of putting a little her on top of her present occurred to me and would be SO fun! 🙂

Keep up the fabulousness!

25. #25 - Createology says:

How very clever and thoughtful of you. What a total blast you will have at Blissdom10. You certainly won't be alone in your travels or your seminars. Looking forward to all the reports upon your safe returns. Keep creating…

26. #26 - Apron Thrift Girl says:

What a charming and thoughtful idea. I love the tidymoms on the suitcase. So clever.

27. #27 - ExtraordinaryMommy says:

SImply too darn cute – so excited to meet you and see flat Tidy Mom – I am sad Cheryl isn't going to be there in real life….but this is a darling idea 🙂

28. #28 - sandra says:

LOL
    Have a great time girls…. and you too 'flat friend'!!! 😉

29. #29 - Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} says:

I love your flat tidymom! Very creative! I can't wait to see you of your blog:)

30. #30 - Robin Sampson says:

Love it! Adorable! LOL.

How sweet to give her a wardrobe.

Flat TidyMom doesn't have to worry about fitting into her jeans.

Can't wait to meet you at Blissdom. You'll be easy to find with your flat friend.

31. #31 - Lululiz says:

You had me in stitches with this post, rofl, too funny. Love the outfits!
    Sigh, wish I could be there, too, but unfortunately I am a few miles too far away (UK).

32. #32 - Digi Free says:

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the CraftCrave Blog Printable Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: [22 Jan 10:00am GMT]).

33. #33 - LADY JANE'S EMPORIUM says:

Oh Man…I sooooo want to go!
    I can hardly wait to see what you share from the fun days you are sure to have….sigh…looking for the PDF files now……

34. #34 - Abbie says:

Ha!! OMGosh! That is too cute! I spent a summer with Flat Stanley, photographing him all over the place for my son. 🙂 What a lucky lady to be able to travel along!
    That made my day! (and my flat self isn't even goin')
    🙂 Abbie

35. #35 - My name is PJ. says:

That's hysterical, Cathe! What fun!

36. #36 - Amy @ Living Locurto says:

LOL! I love it!!! I'm so bummed that Cheryl can't make it, but at least we'll get to enjoy her little flat self:-) I have a feeling we'll see a lot of flat friends at Blissdom now. hee! Super cute. I'll feature on my blog to spread the word.

37. #37 - Best Life says:

Add me to the count of the disappointed. But the one shining light in my sad little world of non-Blissdom is that so many of my friends will report back about it. The flat friend is so hilarious. AND you get to look skinnier than you actually are! Bonus! LOL! Lisa~ http://www.livingmybestlifeii-lisa.blogspot.com

38. #38 - Ann says:

Love it!!

39. #39 - Ramblin Mama says:

I'm assuming there will be more pics to come, taken while you and your flat friend enjoy the event!

40. #40 - The Blue Zoo says:

That is just SO gosh darn creative!!

Just too, too cute!

41. #41 - kat says:

we did these years ago for an online-friends gathering. the two who couldn't make the trip to disneyland were turned into cardstock dolls, affixed to craft sticks. they were in all the photos, and got taken on many rides.
    have a blast at blissdom!

42. #42 - cimba says:

Hello!

I've recently discovered your blog and find it amusing.

Love the flat friend idea: it's so funny and caring at the same time!

Thanks for your tutorials and inspirations, keep up!

ciao

43. #43 - Cynthia at A Shimmy In My Spirit says:

So cute. How fun are these?

44. #44 - Holly says:

Hi Cathe – That is about the funniest thing I have ever seen! TidyMom is so lucky to have you as a blogging friend. I am going to share this post with Alli and Barbara (BlissDom's founders – they will love it).

I found your blog through BlogFrog and wanted to stop by and say welcome. Then I see that you are going to BlissDom, which means we will get to meet! I am very excited to be one of the keynote speakers (and will be moderating a panel on building community). I look forward to meeting you there!

Holly

45. #45 - MelADramatic Mommy says:

That's adorable! What a sweet idea.

46. #46 - Ally from Zwaggle says:

That's fabulous! I'll be sure to say hi
    to the both of you!

47. #47 - Karen- The Graphics Fairy says:

This is so funny Cathe!!! Really cute! I hope you have a great time at Blissdom and I hope you will post about it when you come back, so we can all find out what it was like!
    Karen

48. #48 - Charissa @ MiMi's Babies says:

So this is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!! Love it!

49. #49 - kristianne25 says:

Those are super cute thanks for sharing:) I love the idea:)Kristi

50. #50 - Mermaids of the Lake says:

Hillarious. I actually did something similar last year and took my two Mermaids of the Lake "flat" partners in my suitcase and snapped photos of them in the all the best places.

Mermaid Debbie

51. #51 - Brandy says:

I can't figure out how to get this edited 🙁 My friend @MommaDJane wants to take a flat me (@brandyellen) and I can't figure out how to edit the files on my computer for her to take 🙁

52. #52 - Sharon @ My Musings and Stuff! says:

How cool, what a fun and awesome idea.

53. #53 - Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting says:

You are made of AWESOME! Because of you, a flat one of me is going to Blissdom. AWESOME, I say! I'm hopin' my flat counterpart gets a smoochin' from Harry Connick Jr! He he! 🙂

Thank youuuuuuu! Love it!

54. Pingback: Flat Friends: Mrs. Jacka’s Cherubs | Just Something I Made

55. #54 - Yvette says:

Hi, Cathe,

I just happened to come across your website and started checking out the things you’ve been making. I have to admit, I started laughing outloud about your flat friend. I think that is such a creative and hilarious little piece of creativity!

Thank yoiiu for ahring…see I can’t even type!

Yvette

56. #55 - Annette Wells says:

I had to laugh at flat friend. I just made a Flat Tim as a punk on one of the physicians I work with. He will be going on many journey’s this summer. It has been a hoot!

57. #56 - Evangeline says:

I just love flat friends! Could you please expand to have some children, a man, and dogs and cats? I just love them and they are great gifts for someone who misses you.
    Thanks!

58. #57 - angel dozier says:

I would love to make these with my 4 year old to make with her little friends faces! I cant seem to figure out how! LOL! Could you please explain for dummies?

59. #58 - Leanna Chidest says:

I can’t seem to find the files to make *flat friends* can you email it to me please? Thanks so much, Leanna

60. #59 - Lori says:

I can’t find the flat friend files either. 🙁
    Am hoping that you can re-link them so those of us who have just found your site can make some too!

Great “My DIY” area! My project list just expanded big time!! Thank you for sharing your talents and creativity!

61. Great post. I used to be checking constantly this blog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specifically the ultimate phase 🙂 I maintain such information much. I used to be looking for this certain information for a long time. Thanks and best of luck.

62. #61 - celia says:

Question – what sort of paper are you printing this on? h
    I had a similar idea as a fundraiser for our GS troop of high school juniors. They are raising money to take a big trip to celebrate staying in scouting. They have a cruise planed this summer and I offered up this idea as a way to bring our friends and family along. We plan to take photos while on location and email them when we return. Not sure what sort of contribution we’d as for. Celia

63. #62 - Tonya says:

I’m receiving an error when trying to access our flat friends 🙁

64. #63 - Mission Girl says:

I love these flat friends and have used them repeatedly, do you have any male flat friends? I want to make flat friends for my husband and brothers!

65. #64 - mg says:

Wish you would reload the flat friends files

66. #65 - Mary Jo says:

Where are the PDF files? I cant seem to find them?

67. #66 - scarllettdreamer says:

I have been trying to download you flat friend and it says that the URL no longer exists..just thought I would give you a heads up on error message

68. #67 - Denisse Jensen says:

Can you send me a template of your flat friend? I could not access from your links.
    We are running a race to support Down syndrome and someone had the great idea of creating Flat Friends for the race on Saturday. We are making the Flat Friends on Friday.

Denisse