So Blessed That We’re Sisters

Today is my sweet big sister Shelly’s birthday. It’s a day of bittersweet emotion as Shelly passed away nearly 7 years ago. Last year I celebrated her birthday by declaring a Hug Your Sister week. This year, a bit more subdued, I simply want to share a cute and cheery graphic that you can use to make something special for, or send via e-mail or blog post to your own sister, or to a friend you’ve always considered one. I will be sending it to my other big sister, Jenny, who lives far away in Springfield, Missouri but about one centimeter away in heart.

For more Hug Your Sister posts and free graphics click HERE.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to So Blessed That We’re Sisters

1. #1 - Viviana says:

I lost my only sister – and sibling – 4-1/2 years ago. I've also lost a parent in recent years, and a partner, but losing my litter mate was by far the most painful loss.

Thanks for the beautiful graphic – I'll have to put it on a plaque and put it up at her shrine.

2. #2 - Rook No. 17 says:

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your sister. I grew up with brothers and didn't get a sister until my dad remarried when I was 35. I'm going to send your beautiful button her way. Thank you for promoting love and kindness!

3. #3 - Cynthia K. says:

Bless your heart! I've lost 3 close family members in the last year – horrible. But I still can't imagine losing my sister. There a special bond there – I think maybe when those of your own generation and nuclear family go to heaven, it is simply more shocking.

I do admire the way you and your other sister will be celebrating her life today rather than focusing on her passing. And thank you for the sister graphic – it will definitely be sent to mine. In the next couple of days I will be doing a 35th anniversary tribute to my sister and brotherinlaw so sisterhood has really been in my heart and mind lately. Come and see if you can. In the meantime, you might like to see my Veterans Day tribute – I do wish a lot of veterans can read it – it is for them.

I'm signing up to follow you because I don't want to miss a thing….

Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

4. #4 - Tanya says:

I lost my younger sister (only sibling), who was 20 at the time, 6years ago this month.

I still miss her like crazy, I don't think that ever goes away. I feel so blessed to have had her in my life, even if it was only a short time.

I will add this to her flowers!

5. #5 - Nikki says:

Thank you for this! I love love love my sister, there is no one in the world like her or who knows me as well as she, or makes me feel as happy as she. I'm so sorry you lost your sister, but I know she is looking down on you!

6. #6 - flyingbeader says:

That is so sweet. I'm so blessed to have all three of my sisters still with me. We fight, but what sisters don't. Yet this post reminded me that I need to do something for each of them. Thank you for the graphic…I'm going to make cards for them with it to remind each of them, that I do love them. dot

7. #7 - The Dragonfly says:

I'm thinking of you today Cathe, and of your beautiful sister, and of her darling daughter whom you now love as your own. Having been raised an only daughter with two brothers and then just learning year ago that I have a sister (given up for adoption 40 years ago)your hug – a -sister posts have been so very meaningful to me. Thank you for creating such beauty to enrich MY life.

8. #8 - Collette says:

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your sister. What a wonderful way to celebrate her birthday. I don't have any sisters but I do have some wonderful friends so I'll hug them today in your sister's honor.

9. #9 - Hashi says:

My sister and I created "Sisters' Day" several years ago. We arbitrarily picked September 17 as the date, and we exchange something special, usually handmade. We live on opposite sides of the planet so this is just another way we work to show our mutual love.

10. #10 - Patti says:

Your soldier reminds me of a set my family had when I was very young…I still have a few pieces, but never had thought of displaying them!

11. #11 - Paula says:

Cathe, so sorry to hear you've lost a sister. I've three sisters and I can only imagine the whole in my heart if I'd lost one of them.
    bless you:)

12. #12 - sea-blue-sky & abstracts says:

What a lovely tribute to your sisters. I'm so sorry that you lost Shelly. x

13. #13 - sea-blue-sky & abstracts says:

What a lovely tribute to your sisters. I'm so sorry that you lost Shelly. x

14. #14 - bikim says:

What a gorgeous lovely idea!
    Thanks,
    night night,
    Rosa

15. #15 - Country Dreaming says:

I'm sorry to hear about your sister.
    It sounds like you were close and to have another sis is great.
    Wishing you the best on this day.

Melinda

16. #16 - RosyRevolver says:

A beautiful tribute. Hugs to you, Cathe.

17. #17 - Susan says:

How lovely and touching that you make such sweet tributes to your sister. I know that I would miss any one of my sisters tremendously if they were to pass away.

18. #18 - Sherry says:

Thanks for sharing. I lost my sister and best friend 17 years ago and I still miss her everyday. I still have 3 sisters but it is not the same connection.

19. #19 - Dana Gustafson says:

WHat a beautiful tribute to your dear sisters. Thank you for sharing it with us so we , too, can share the love with our treasured sisters.

20. #20 - Dallas Designing-Diva says:

Thank you sharing such a personal moment. I do not have sisters but I have 2 BFF's who are the best sisters I could ever have. I will be sending them this.

21. #21 - cakegirl says:

I lost my only sister 11 years ago and not a day goes by that I do not miss her. She was 11 years older and
    we always had a very special bond. Now I'm crying…

22. #22 - WinnyNinny PooPoo says:

Thanks so much for the graphic I will share it with my sister. It's a small world, I work in Springfield, MO myself!!

23. #23 - Kimmay says:

Wow. Your links to this post are beautiful. I have five brothers and one sister. And my only sister is actually my step-sister. We are so glad to be sisters that we never call each other "step", and since we're the only one we have, just call each other "Sister". We even have matching tattoos! That's how permanent we want to make our sisterhood.

I love the graphic and I'm going to send it to my sister today. Thank you sooo much for sharing.

24. #24 - TidyMom says:

I remember your post last year Cathe – what a beautiful sisters graphic, what a touching tribute!♥

~TidyMom

25. #25 - Claire says:

Sending you hugs. It is a beautiful graphic

26. #26 - Kathy-Catnip Studio says:

I lost my only sister this past October 29th, still very emotional about it. What a lovely memorial for your sister, and for all of us.

27. #27 - Libbie says:

I just began this blogging adventure with my own sister 3 weeks ago & we are having so much fun together! Nothing like a sister! Hang on to those wonderful memories!

28. #28 - brooklynechaos says:

It's a beautiful graphic. Thank you.

My eldest son was born on my sisters 23rd birthday; we always celebrated it together. She died just before her 27th birthday and since, it's been hard to order cake for his birthday without having the baker write "Happy Birthday Shannon and Robert." We stopped getting writing on his cake 2 years ago. It's been weird.

29. #29 - Lindsay T says:

My two sisters are my closest friends. Growing up with no brothers I was thrilled when I had a girl and a boy, but I also wish my daughter had a sister, just so she could experience that unique bond only sisters have. Luckily she's close to my sister's girls. Thanks for the graphic.

30. #30 - Chicago City Girl says:

This was such a moving post, thanks for being open and sharing. I also really like the cute little graphic you shared with us – I consider my girlfriends from college like my "sisters", since I don't have any real ones. I'll be sharing this graphic with them. 🙂

31. #31 - Virginia Burnett says:

Thank you for your post. I honestly don't know what I would do without my sister in this world . . .

32. #32 - whyte says:

Thank you Cathe, what wonderful thoughts and my hugs and hearts to to you. I love this "sister" image and knew what I was going to do with it immediately.

Thank you…..is not enough.

33. #33 - Elise says:

What a BEAUTIFUL tribute, Cathe. I was so sorry to learn of your loss. This graphic is FABULOUS! I don't have a sister in real life, but I've met so many "treasures" along the way, and gals who are ABSOLUTELY sistered-up to me! {Like my bud, Michele!} I'm going to think of something wonderful to do with this! What a fabulous way to keep your sister's positive energy in the world! I love it! xo- E.

34. #34 - Julie Bouésso says:

Thanks for this post! I ordered something for my sister & feel good about supporting an artist! 🙂 Cheers, Julie

35. #35 - Carol says:

I loveeeeee this one!!!

36. #36 - Susan Weinberg says:

I’m am very Blessed to have my 1 and only sister!

37. #37 - Johanna says:

I am so sorry about your sister. Thank you for sharing this beautiful sentiment.

38. #38 - Annette McCarty says:

Dear Cathe,

I am so thrilled to find your site. I know you are being blessed for being so generous with all these designs and projects. Your site is wonderful! And i bet you are too. Thanks so much!
    Annette McCarty

39. #39 - Karen Dady says:

I love this! I am blessed to have wonderful sisters, so I appreciate this so much. Thank you for such an awesome graphic.

40. #40 - fola says:

Hi Cathe, just came across your site, i love what u’ve done with the sister grahics. I have a sister who i am very close to and would love to make into a plaque to give for her 60th. Is there anyway i can get to download as their is no link. Thanks

41. #42 - lou says:

Sorry for your loss hope that your heart has healed and their are wonderful memories of her//blessings lou