Your JSIM Craft Assignment

My Amazon.com order arrived yesterday, and in my shipment was one book I’d been very curious about since spotting it on the wwcw (that’d be the world-wide-creative-web.) It’s Kanzashi In Bloom, by Diane Gilleland of CraftyPod.

I just spent my lunch hour poring over all of the delicious pages of instructions and ideas and I can tell you for sure, I’m going to have a hard time sleeping tonight. I’ll be dizzy with ideas of how to take this flower craft to the max, which won’t be easy, as Diane has already taken it so far that I almost had to lie down from creative overload.

So, your assignment is to first: get your hands on a copy of Kanzashi In Bloom , it’s around $15, either HERE, your local bookstore, or borrow from your local library (if they don’t have it, be sure to request it,) second: make a unique Kanzhi project and third: meet me back here in a couple weeks and let’s all share what we made. Ok? Ok.

To send photos of your completed assignment for my follow-up post, please email me HERE

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Your JSIM Craft Assignment

1. #1 - Melanie says:

Okay this is the second blog I have seen post about this book … problem is amazon didn't have any pages to view online so I am not sure if I would want to do this … sigh, I will keep checking (OR wrangle a date from hubby for a trip to barnes and nobles!)

2. #2 - Cathe Holden says:

Hi Melanie,

If you Google Images with the book title, you will see lots of examples. I can’t believe how easy these are to make but how complex they look!

3. #3 - flyingbeader says:

I JUST got this book today also. I too am just buzzing with ideas. Okay, Cathe…will met you here in a couple of weeks….BTW…did you see her latest post using stiffener to fabric for jewelry…awesome!

dot

4. #4 - Dana Gustafson says:

ohhhh myyyyyy! Doesn't this look like fabulous!!

5. #5 - Amy @ Living Locurto says:

I can't sew, but will be excited to see what everyone comes up with. I have a few ideas if someone wants to make mine for me!! Any takers?? Ha!

6. #6 - Cathe Holden says:

Amy- YOu're not getting off that easy. Although there are sewing projects that are fantastic in her book, the flowers themselves require really only THREADING the petals together with a needle and thread and tying off. It's crazy simple as she explains it and there's seriously clear step-b-step photos for folding the fabric petals.

Now, get on it.

7. #7 - SisterDG says:

Thanks so much for the shout-out, Cathe! I am so excited to see what you and your readers will make with this technique!

8. #8 - Paul Overton says:

In preparation for an interview I did with Diane, I had a go at a couple of flowers and, it's true, they are really easy to make. And I'm a guy with big, giant hands! Non-sewers need not worry about the difficulty level. The technique is as easy as stringing popcorn at Xmas.

9. #9 - My name is PJ. says:

Cathe, What of those sad sacks of us who are all thumbs and create-tith not? You know I don't craft, I only buy.

I have a very, very, very large collection of ribbon…could I do something easily with that? I mean 'real people easily', NOT 'Cathe Holden, Rock Star, easily'.

10. #10 - GeorgiaPeachez says:

I've been wanting this book so now you have tipped the scales and I will get it today and start a project cooking. xo, suzy

11. #11 - Lisa says:

this looks like a great book! i googled the book like you mentioned..(fyi.there is a typo in the book title in your post)looks like a keeper and so fun!

12. #12 - Cathe Holden says:

Thank you for pointing out the typ-o, Lisa!! Yikes, no doubt I have many throughout my blog, but that one was a bit embarrassing. It's fixed!

13. #13 - Fanie says:

I'll try to find some time and participate, but I can't promess as it will depend of my schedule. Kudos for the idea, thought! It's great! :-)

14. #14 - Suzanne says:

Thanks for the tip to include the word images in the search. Those are beautiful and if they only need thread through them I think I could do that. They really are lovely. Thanks for the information!

15. #15 - dawn says:

You've talked me into it, with kids back in school I need some handwork projects to do while waiting in the car, waiting at lessons, supervising homework, etc. So, I'm in.

16. #16 - Suzie Button says:

I myself just did a posting the other day on this book too! I made a Halloween bow for my little sweetie pie grandbaby with it, pop over and scroll down the home page of my blog and you'll see it! I'm making more as we speak too! Suzie Love the book!

17. Pingback: 2011 Maker Faire Bay Area Recap | Just Something I Made