Three Word Thursday

vintage deer silhouette

Illustration from 1887 A Yankee Almanac,Worcester County Hand Book, Worcester, Mass.

Who doesn’t love deer? What will you make with this free PDF illustration?

Here is the cover of the almanac as well the original black and white deer scan pre-touch-up, for those who like it rough. Enjoy.

17 Responses to Three Word Thursday

1. #1 - sjhackney says:

Cathe, What perfect goodies to find on your blog today. I am from Deer Creek IL and yes we love deer here! I'm going to put the deer graphics on my granddaughter's composition books/journals. I'm going to put the yankee almanac on a gluebook. Thanks for making my day. Sally

2. #2 - Gail says:

Cathe,
    Thanks so much for these, I was born in Worcester Mass. and I know just what I'm going to do with these. How about wrapping them around a glass canister and putting a candle inside so that the light glows out?
    I'm gonna try it!
    Thanks for the inspiration, how fun this will look for Fall, my favorite season….
    Cheers to you,
    Gail

3. #3 - xashee's corner says:

thank you so much for sharing! 😉 not sure what i will make yet though!! ohh i do like Gail's idea of putting it in a glass canister with a candle! 🙂
    Have a TERRIFIC day! 😀

4. #4 - Lindsey says:

I finally did a three word Thursday. It is not creative or giving like yours but at least I remembered! Do you know the origins of TWT?

Here's my post: http://greatfullday.blogspot.com/2009/08/three-word-thursday.html

{ Lindsey }

5. #5 - Creative Crafter UK says:

Thanks for this Cathe!
    I was so inspired by the design, so made a unique handmade greeting card as featured on my blog today.

Thanks for sharing – thought you would be interested to see.

6. #6 - marie says:

Wow! I love the deer graphic ~ I'm going to try a paper cutting with it. I'll mount it and frame it and then it will be the perfect Christmas gift for my boss. I'll share it with you – if it turn out! : )

The almanac will look great on a little journal. Thanks for sharing them!

7. #7 - Brynwood Needleworks says:

Thanks again, Cathe! Absolutely wonderful. You're so generous. It's very appreciated.
    Donna

8. #8 - SharDon Exclusives says:

Thank you so much! This will make a great stamp to use in any size…sharon

9. #9 - The Redhead Riter says:

My sister takes millions of pictures of deer that practically live in her back yard. She will love this…

Stopping by with a little bloggie love tonight!

10. #10 - Beyond the Nest says:

Thanks for sharing! I'm wondering how a Christmas card would look incorporating these sweet deer. Wish I knew how to paper cut like Marie, then I would frame it and give it to my son. Karen

11. #11 - Mod Podge Amy says:

I'm going with
    Orange
    Tank
    Tops.

😀

12. #12 - manicstamper says:

WOW…..your blog is wonderful.
    I love the Concentration Game and I can't stop drooling over your vintage fabric stash.
    Thanks so much for sharing such beautiful stuff.

13. #13 - Grammy Linda / Behind My Red Door says:

I too was born in Worcester MA and live next door. Thanks so much for these images!

14. #14 - Betamary says:

This is really precious. You are an artist! Thank you.

15. #15 - fawndear says:

Dear Cathe,

Thank you sooooo much for sharing this beautiful deer graphic. I'm definately going to use it. I'm thinking my blog header is getting a bit old and I need to try something else. Maybe I can squeeze it in.

Tootles,
    Fawn(Dear)

16. #16 - Rose says:

Thank you so much for the deer image, I think I found the picture I am going to use on my Wedding invitation!!! We love deer and the picture rocks!

17. #17 - EDIEB says:

I would make a wall art for my hubbys side of the bed