Teacher’s Prayer
Author Unknown

Lord, Please help me,
To strengthen their voices,
bodies and minds,
To express their feelings and
control them sometimes,
To explore what’s near
and venture afar,
But most important to love
who they are.

Who doesn’t love a teacher? There are many in my life, in my family and as my friends. Here are some darling 1920s illustrations to celebrate the teacher and all of those so important in the lives of children. Click to enlarge and use.

IDEA: The holidays aren’t so far away…print an image onto a large or small canvas tote for your child’s teacher to use as a book bag or lunch sack, and don’t forget to add their name.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Thank God for Teachers

1. #1 - sjhackney says:

Csthe, I love these. One of my daughters teaches 1st grade. Might try a printed bag for her. Sally

2. #2 - La Table De Nana says:

Adorable! My daughter teaches French Immersion :)Thank you!
    I have fond memories of some of my teachers also..even later in life..someone doesn't necessarily have to be a "teacher" as in having a certificate..but they are "teacher/mentors:) " Thanks to them also!

3. #3 - PussDaddy says:

Teachers are way under appreciated and under paid if you ask me.

PussDaddy

4. #4 - Lynns Lovelies says:

Bravo!!We must always let our wonderful teachers know how very much they are appreciated!!

Hugs,
    Lynn♥

~Let Freedom Ring!~

5. #5 - Zom! says:

It could be mommy hormones, but that passage made me cry! Excellent find!

6. #6 - kim @ mommyknows says:

Great poem, precious images, and the best idea I've heard in a really long time.

Thanks!

7. #7 - My name is PJ. says:

These are darling! My daughter is a teacher – she'll get a kick out of them!

8. #8 - FayeRaye says:

Awesome!!!Thank you so very much from a first grade teacher in NCarolina!!! Faye
    carolinastitcher.blogspot.com

9. #9 - Elizabeth says:

Cute images! I'm having so much fun reading all your older posts and getting to know you through them. You are one talented lady!! Love your studio too.

10. #10 - PussDaddy says:

Did I mention they are over worked, too?

PussDaddy

11. #11 - forrestina vintage says:

So many teachers I have to thank…those that were schooled and are paid for their gifts, and those that don't even think of themselves as such but have taught me much throughout my life. Thanks to them all. :)

12. #12 - marysworkshop says:

My daughter is a middle school teacher, and was inspired to become a teacher herself after being taught by several wonderful teachers. Those talented teachers will touch many more lives than just their students!

13. #13 - Paula says:

I might have to use your idea for my best friend. She is a teacher and I think she could use a new tote. And! I just got a sewing machine :)

14. #14 - luckygirlgifts says:

I am so happy that I discovered your blog. You always have the cutest ideas. Thank you so much.
    Have a great week.
    Cari b.

15. #15 - artvscraft says:

Just discovered your blog via Craft and already loving it! :-)

16. #16 - Jason and Tammy Sabourin says:

Thanks for these – I borrowed one for a blog post.

17. #17 - Heather says:

I love the images! Thank you so much :)

18. #18 - Tee Ransone says:

Cathe:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the image of the kids in the circle with the teacher! It took me back to my first experience with school and first grade with Mrs. Porter. I hope to use it on a scrap page with my first grade photo of that memory. You rock!

Tee Ransone

19. #19 - Anonymous says:

I was just introduced to your blog today and must pass it along to all the teachers I know and love so much. Wonderful poem for the start of school and great pictures to use and I love the printed bag idea. Keep up the great work. Lennie

20. #20 - Aion kinah says:

Nice post

21. #21 - liv.eimages says:

i love these! i taught for 17 years so these are especially meaningful for me! thanks for sharing!

22. #22 - Margaret says:

Thanks, love them all. Enjoy!

23. #23 - lemondedis says:

j’aime beaucoup !… une fois encore, de bien jolies idées… je cherche des freebies sur le Net pour les partager, pour l’instant sur Pinterest (où j’ai déjà plus de 13000 liens vers des téléchargements gratuits), en attendant l’ouverture de mon propre site, et je vais vite poster le lien pour que tout le monde puisse télécharger et utiliser votre jolie création !… merci pour le partage, Is… (si vous voulez voir ce que je fais, c’est là : http://pinterest.com/lemondedis/ )