Print Your Veggies.

I’m not a gardener. Oh, how I wish I were. I have one sad little houseplant barely hanging on to life. But, I appreciate home grown fruits and vegetables immensely and am so thankful for my neighbor’s garden of which they share. My husband grows a sweet little patch of tomato vines and volunteer vegetables (usually squash) in the back yard, and I’m looking forward to tasting the corn from my daughter, Sarah’s, few stalks as well. And I love when pumpkins grow from our compost area where we tossed our pumpkin carvings from the previous year.I’m also quite fond of vintage garden variety illustrations. I have a collection of lovely rare ones you probably won’t find in your Dover clip-art publications. And since the harvest is beginning with many of you, I wanted to share some fun ideas for using this fantastic art.Run paper lunch sacks through your desktop printer (at your own risk!) and make neat little bags to share your home gown produce with neighbors. Or, just make nifty lunch bags!Print notecards for your gardener friends.Print images to iron-on transfer sheets and create awesome garden veggie totes!

There’s so many more uses for these illustrations! I’d love to see what you make!

Click on any of the images below for free JPG images.

61 Responses to Print Your Veggies.

1. #1 - mary beth says:

Hey Cathe I keep trying to download these pics but have not been able to because of bandwidth is too wide…what the heck does this mean?

2. #2 - Cathe Holden says:

Hi mary beth, I'm sorry for your trouble. This has happened in the past and I looked it up…I believe this error happens when the files are being heavily downloaded. (Too many people trying to access the files at once.) Please wait a while and try again. If you're still having trouble, let me know and I'll see if I can come up with another hosting option.

3. #3 - sjhackney says:

Cathe, these are great! Thanks for being so generous. Sally

4. #4 - La Table De Nana says:

They are all adorable:) I will wait too ..I think you are right..it's funny I just looked at Iron On transfers this am..and didn't have a project:) Now I have some..

Tap tap tap..And thanks again!

5. #5 - Room to Inspire says:

These are great images! Thanks for sharing.

Chelsea

6. #6 - Southern says:

They would make great labels for canned veggies for presents as well!

7. #7 - Make, Do & Send says:

I just found this through Craftig.com! I love what you've done with these images, thanks for sharing the files 🙂

8. #8 - Make, Do & Send says:

9. #9 - Amy says:

These are a fabulous bunch of images! Thanks for sharing them.

10. #10 - the undomesticated wife says:

Those are great…they'd be awesome for totes that you use at the grocery store (instead of those horrid plastic bags).

11. #11 - Clumsy says:

Lovely images, thanks a lot for sharing! I'll wait a bit, hoping to download them later…

12. #12 - Two Dog Pond says:

These are great – like Miss Southern said, I'll use them for canning labels. Thank you!

13. #13 - Katie says:

Your Holden produce bags are too much fun.

14. #14 - Jori M says:

I tried this morning and again just now, still can't download the pdfs. And I'd love to use them for my homemade gifts!

15. #15 - Julie Loeschke says:

Dear Cathe, I was able to download the 6th sheet, but none of the others. Are there only two of us having this problem? These are so wonderful, I hate to miss out. Thanks so much in advance.

16. #16 - Cathe Holden says:

So sorry for the hassle everyone! I changed the images to JPGs, just click on them. I made them big so you can reduce as you need to. I hope that works.

I'll try to figure out the PDF bugs.

17. #17 - tina says:

Thanks for vintage lovelies 🙂

18. #18 - Julie Loeschke says:

Thanks so much! Can't wait to get busy!

19. #19 - paperhill says:

these are beautiful, i love that they are black & white so old fashioned looking.

20. #20 - La Table De Nana says:

It works perfectly now..And thanks so much for doing this and taking the time to make them attainable for us.

21. #21 - xashee's corner says:

these are utterly FANTASTIC!! Thank you soooooooooooo VERY MUCH for sharing!! 🙂 Have an AWESOME day!!

22. #22 - Splendid Little Stars says:

You clever, clever person! You never cease to amaze. Your generosity warms my heart. I recently made a journal for a friend (blogged about it) and these would have been perfect for it. I may yet use your illustrations for that purpose. Thank you so much!
    I had a mystery plant growing from my compost pile–very large dark green leaves, a small fruit starting to form. (blogged about that, too) But now I DO think it's a pumpkin because the fruit has begun to round out and has a yellowish tinge.
    Aren't neighbors who share their bounty wonderful!?

23. #23 - Diane Costanza says:

Thanks so much for sharing these. They are perfect for a kitchen project I am thinkinbg of doing!

24. #24 - Brynwood Needleworks says:

I adore these images! Thank you so much!!!
    Blessings,
    Donna

25. #25 - blondiesvintage says:

Love them! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

26. #26 - marysworkshop says:

Thanks for sharing these wonderful garden images!

27. #27 - Magpie Magic says:

Gorgeous images and how lovely of you to share. 🙂

28. #28 - The Pleasures of Homemaking says:

Oh my gosh, you really are the best! Thank you so much for sharing these! I can think of a million things I'd like to do with them!

Manuela

29. #29 - Jennifer (mom of four) says:

Cathe,
    Loves this idea! I am going to print out some bags for my parents. They have a huge garden in NH and are always giving away their stuff!

Thanks for emailing me back so quickly about the font for the Embossing! I played around in my Adobe Pagemaker and couldn't come up with a cute way to do JW. I will keep trying/

Jen

30. #30 - sara jane says:

Thank you! You have perfect timing… I've put together some themed cookbook binders for myself to hold the gazillions of internet recipes I've copied and was just thinking I need to get some vegetable clip art to decorate them – and poof, here they are!

31. #31 - Deb says:

Absolutely awesome! Thanx!

32. #32 - Karen says:

I just LOVE them, like everyone else! Thanks so much. I've hoarded some old glass jars and bottles of all sizes that would be fun to work with with these, project number 1001 lol. Thanks so much! Karen

33. #33 - Ginny says:

Love these! Thank you! I've been searching for something similar with rosemary on it, but I think these will work great!

34. #34 - Erin Glee says:

You have the best vintage ephemera and are so generous to share it! I am a fairly new-to-computer Retard with a very old hand-me-down computer, but maybe my DH will help me download these.
    One of my Yahoo playmates gave a link to your wire bird's nest tutorial and I fell in LOVE your blog AND I live in Petaluma and hope to meet you someday! Are you planning on doing a local event of any kind in the near future?

35. #35 - Cathe Holden says:

Hi Erin, Thanks for the nice note- Email me sometime and let's visit!!

mailto:cathe@justsomethingimade.com

36. #36 - Lee W - The Way I See It says:

thank you so much! I love old labels.

PS- I deleted the first post due to typos- sorry!!

37. #37 - deb says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

38. #38 - Elizabeth says:

Hi Cathe,

I found your blog while I was googling Halloween craft fair in Petaluma. So glad I found your blog, its lovely 🙂
    Last year I saw an advertisement in the "Home Companion" on a annual Halloween craft fair in Petaluma, that specialized in crafters that made Halloween goods. Do you know of this? If so, when is it?
    If It is still around, I would love to go, since I only live in the East Bay.

39. #39 - Cathe Holden says:

Hi Elizabeth- Here is the link to what I think you are looking for. I've been to their Holiday and Vine show, it's spectacular.

40. #40 - shoogyboogy says:

Great great idea! I'ts going on my to do list

41. #41 - chicroses says:

Hi, I visit your blog everyday…love it. I paint roses on things old painted things..but now Im wanting to try some collages. Youve inspired me.Wanted to ask you if you have ever done something with upholstry webbing? I seen somewhere in a blog or magazine with something neat with the webbing. I bought some at a thrift store and now I cant figure out what it was that I seen..silly isnt it? Something with maybe printed on french letting??but what to do with it..Sally

42. #42 - mary beth says:

Cathe, I did succeed in downloading the veggie images today..thanks for getting back to me~ hope to have some fun with these next spring!

43. #43 - Paul Overton says:

Cathe – You find the best stuff and show us how to use it in the coolest ways. Love it!

44. #44 - gilstrapdesigns says:

I have always loved vintage vegatables garden pictures. Thank you I'll have to download these.

45. #45 - Maritha says:

Absolutely wonderful!!! Thank you so much for your generosity!!!!

46. #46 - cpeep says:

Hint for printing on lunch bags…. First print a copy on a plain piece of paper. Now tape the bag to the paper with painter's tape (not masking tape). Since you have already printed it once you can see where to line up the bag. Set the printer for "envelope" if you have the option. On mine that lifts the print head up a little. Print and peel. You can use the same piece of paper a bunch of times.

Carol
    Extreme Cards and Papercrafting

47. #47 - Pink Rufflez says:

Cathe – Thank you for another wonderful project…love, love,
    love the note cards!

48. #48 - Nancy Ward says:

Hi!

I recently posted an entry on my blog with a link to this entry.

Would you let me know if that's OK?

Thanks,

Nancy Ward

49. #49 - Anonymous says:

hi cathe, You took me back 20 years to when I worked on a public tv garden program. our designer used those images for our logo and subsequent book related to the program. thanks for the veggie reminder. xoxojo ps i love your blog and everything on it, wow!

50. #50 - Autumn says:

Hi Cathe! I was looking for your tshirt transfer tutorial and found this. I haven't been a gardener before this year. I tried Square Foot Gardening-it is the only way to go!!!! NO WEEDS! It is AWESOME. Amazing produce. Here's the site. YOU CAN DO IT!

51. #51 - Autumn says:

52. #52 - Mary Anne says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been searching for days for vintage illustrations. They are gorgeous…and I LOVE the brown paper bag idea.

53. #53 - Jenn Price says:

I just found these and they are wonderful!! I have downloaded them but I am wondering how do I alter the size to get them larger or smaller. How do I use just one image and not all at the same time since there are multiple on a download? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping to make reusable cloth produce bags for use at the store.
    Thanks,
    Jenn Price

pricefamilyx6@yahoo.com

54. #54 - Good Day! says:

i love these! we were toally on the same page. wish i would have found these one day sooner. look at the project i posted today!

55. #55 - B says:

I love these prints! I have used them on a shopper and enlarged them and used them as prints in my kitchen. I have blogged about my kitchen prints and linked back to you. Do pop over and say 'hi' if you have a min :O)

B x

56. #56 - B says:

Ooops!

p.s Thank you for sharing them :0)

B x

57. Pingback: Things We Love To Do {Holiday DIY Gift Giving} « jodimichelle

58. #57 - g says:

Thanx, Cathe!! I’ll send you a link to check the use and result of these marvelous illustrations you’ve so generously shared.

59. #58 - Jenny says:

Hi I am trying out this project. It is a fun one! I am using a iron on transfer that seems to have a shiny sheen whereas yours in the pictures above are like canvas iron on… what kind of transfer are you using here?

Thanks,
    Jenny

60. #59 - Diana Blessinger says:

These prints are so AWESOME!

61. Pingback: Zebra Pasta, World's Most Famous Tomato Sauce & Garlic Bread | THE DINNER CONCIERGE