Mowing for Dad

When I was selling antiques a few years ago, I would buy old photos in bulk through ebay to resell. I still have a few of my favorites like this one that I later used for the front of a Father’s Day greeting card I sold to local shops. I think it’s just too sweet, especially since this is the first summer my son has taken on the job of mowing neighbors’ yards.

Snag up this photo and have fun with it either in it’s original state (below) or digitally tucked into photo corners (above).
Click on photos to enlarge.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Mowing for Dad

1. #1 - cindy says:

the good ol' days! just look at that lawnmower!

cute pic! 🙂

2. #2 - xashee's corner says:

thank you so much for sharing!! 🙂 Have a FUN day!

3. #3 - Anonymous says:

This is so nostalgic and just adorable. When my sons were little guys, my husband built a "mower" of wood, the handle looking just like your photo. On the other end, however, he put a wooden wheel. And they would follow behind my husband while he mowed the lawn. Gotta use that photo!

–Vicki K.

4. #4 - Andrea says:

I just love this photo…thanks sooo much for sharing it with us…your a doll!

5. #5 - Claire says:

Photos like these make me smile! =)

6. #6 - La Table De Nana says:

That could be my brother! Exactly! Same clothes same face same everything! Darling photo!

7. #7 - troutdalites says:

love the shot! I've got to use it in a father's day card. my husband wants us to use the push mower, but in our northwest rainy lawn on a slope…i hate it! Power for this mom. thanks for the sharing!

8. #8 - HeatherScent says:

Until a few years ago, we still used a lawn mower just like that one! It was my great-grandfathers. I'm not sure what happened to it. I know I wouldn't have given it away. It might be in my father's shed.

9. #9 - Rose Charles says:

that is a really cool photo 🙂

im sure my grandad still has a mower like that in his shed!

Rose X

10. #10 - Adirondack Metal Designs says:

I love the idea of making these old photos into greeting cards….I
    have a bunch of old pics. from our family albums…I can scan & use them!

11. #11 - Jennifer (mom of four) says:

Thanks so much!

I just printed it out and am going to put it on some brown card stock for a cute card for my dad. My grandfather used to use a mower like this every summer. It brings back so many memories. The funny thing is the boy in the phot looks just like my dad when he was a little boy!

Jen

12. #12 - crystalnva says:

Absolutely love this photo .We had inherited my grandfather`s mower lol just like in the photo .I have a 12yos that uses that “mower” any chance he gets he is amazed by it .After the amazement wares off hes back on the John Deere….I can`t THANK YOU enough for offering the photo to be used as we wish Im planning on using it on a scrapbook page .Thanks again, Crystal from Virginia