I ended up tonight at Starbucks with only my laptop while the girls were enjoying skate night with their school. I enjoyed catching up on many of my favorite blogs and figured I could come up with a different kind of post than usual since I didn’t have anything crafty on hand. The best I could do is share some random-ish stuff you didn’t know about me!
- I was born Catherine Thompson, known as Cathy by nickname until the 7th grade when I decided that Cathe was cooler and my mom said it would be ok.
- While growing up my family moved a lot. I attended 10 different schools, but thankfully only one high school. I grew up in Colorado Springs through age 13 and then Springfield, Mo. through 21. Now in California, I don’t miss the snow one bit.
- My first job was at Taco Grande. My second job was in the art department of an ad agency 2 weeks before high school graduation. 4 years later my title was senior art director.
- I used to play tournament and league pool, (8-ball and 9-ball) in my twenties. I can still make a pretty good shot or two.
- I drove a U-Haul from Missouri to California when I was 21, arriving with only $200 to my name, no car and only a friend’s couch to sleep on.
- I met my husband the second day I was in California, we became instant best buddies, dated 6 months later, with a nice long engagement. We are celebrating 19 years of a fantastic marriage this summer.
- I do a pretty good Patsy Cline Karaoke.
- I don’t “throw like a girl.”
- I ran my own successful graphic design firm for several years before coming home to nest. I specialized in food and wine packaging and promotion. We burned the midnight oil and drank a lot of great wine those years. Now it’s arts & crafts and two-buck-Chuck. Funny, it’s just as good!
- I’m not really blonde. Really.
- I am domestically challenged. There, I said it.
- My husband lovingly refers to me as Sasquatch. ( I wear a size 10.5 shoe.)
- The phrase “Raising children is like being pecked to death by chickens” used to offend me. Then I had children, and chickens. Now I get it.
- I get my creativity from my mom and my ingenuity and artistic abilities from my dad. Ingredients mixed together by God.
- I’m still trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up.
Have a great rest of the week everyone, and I’ll be back to my regular posting soon!