Grace, A Message of Hope

Today is my daughter Grace’s birthday. Grace was stillborn 15 years ago. But this is not a post of sorrow, it is a message of hope. I just wanted to share the fact that God is good, God is faithful and God heals. And although our journey was one of much pain, through God’s grace we have learned that His blessings are exponential.

We are on our way right now to visit my Mom in Arkansas, who I haven’t seen in more than a year! Have a beautiful day, and we will do the same.

If you know someone suffering through a similar loss as ours, I have a past post you may find of interest. LINK

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Grace, A Message of Hope

1. #1 - Wendy says:

I’m so sorry that you had to have such a terrible loss! My brother was born 43 years ago and passed away a couple of days later. My mom still has a tough time on his birthday (April 13). I’m so glad you have an attitude of hope! And I love that Grace pendant – what a beautiful remembrance!

2. #2 - Junie Moon says:

Your post is both lovely and heartbreaking. I love the name “Grace”, certainly a message of hope. I hope your visit with your mother goes well.

3. #3 - Julie Bouésso says:

I treasure your brace attitude, honesty & rock-solid faith. All the best. Cheers, Julie

4. #4 - Anji Gallanos says:

What a beautiful message of healing. My thoughts are with you.

5. #5 - Stacey @ The Blessed Nest says:

Praying for you today!

6. #6 - Jen says:

Thank you for those sweet words! You are a strong example to many and I thank you!

Enjoy your visit!!!

7. #7 - tidymom says:

My thoughts are with you today Cathe!{{{HUGS}}}}

~TidyMom

8. #8 - Holly says:

I love the name Grace. It is my daughter’s name(6 yrs). She asked me the other day if she has a special name. I gave her a very enthusiastic, YES! I have told her for a long time that her name means, “a special gift from God.” Grace and peace to you on this day. ~Holly

9. #9 - Princess of Everything (and then some) says:

Just think of all of the women out there that you have helped today with your words. Thank you for speaking them.

10. #10 - Bette's Bags says:

Thank you for your words! God Bless you!

11. #11 - Amy says:

What a difficult trial you’ve had to face… I loved reading your words of hope and encouragement. Thanks for sharing.

12. #12 - La Table De Nana says:

Your hope shines in every post you share.
    I love the heart..I love her name.
    Yes..God Bless You.

13. #13 - juanita de la vega says:

You are a strong and courageus person and your message is so full of hope and love…

14. #14 - Jennifer says:

Cathe, I remember the day God cradled Grace in His arms. I didn’t know how you, how any of us, would ever morve forward. By your surrendering of self, through faith, you moved all of us forward with brave steps of Grace. This taught me more than I had ever known about love. I know that your testimony of pain to praise has touch more than just this sister.
    143
    Jen

15. #15 - Anonymous says:

Thinking of you and Jeff today.

Hope you are having a fantastic trip!
    Caryn

16. #16 - Julie @ Joy's Hope says:

Thank you for sharing Grace’s story and for the offer of hope it brings. My daughter Joy was stillborn at 39 weeks. Her short life taught me so much and God is continuing to use my experiences for His good seven years later. Her story is here: http://www.joyshope.com/search?q=what%27s+in+a+name
    Blessings to your family.

17. #17 - Terri's ThreadArt says:

You will have a wonderful reunion one day in heaven! God bless you on your trip!
    Lots of Love,
    Terri

18. #18 - Jori M says:

For those who need an ‘in-person’ community of parents who have suffered a similar loss, there is an amazing organization called Compassionate Friends. It was founded for anyone that has lost a child. Most branches have special groups for parents whose children are stillborn or die at birth.

I am not affiliated with them in any way but having attended some of their meetings with my mother after the death of my brother.

19. #19 - dragonflydreamer says:

Your heart is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing such a heartbreaking loss with your words of hope and encouragement. May God always bless you and comfort you.

20. Pingback: Winter Scrapbook Retreat Sponsor Swag Giveaway: Day 2 | Just Something I Made