My friend Amy, of Living Locurto, asked if I would create a guest blog post for a Mother’s Day project. If you don’t know Amy, you’ve been missing out on a lot of scrumptious art freebies over on her website, so get over there! I have been working on a project for my mom and made a tutorial to share with you, and in keeping with spirit of freebies, I have created one of the designs with the fabulous free vintage wallpaper graphics of a another blog-friend, Karen, The Graphics Fairy!I created a gift to fill with many little notes reminding my Mom why I love her so much and the little things that she has done in my life that mattered. (I’m only showing a few, my mom reads my blog daily and although now she’s going to know one of the things she’s getting, I still have to keep a few little notes a surprise!…Hi Mom.)I designed a template based on the construction of a cigarette box, (no, I don’t smoke, but still think it makes for a great little package pattern.) I designed this box to fit business card size notes. You can use the designs provided, or utilize the blank template for use with scrapbook paper, or any other paper you’d like, but it’s best to print and construct the box with card stock to keep it rigid. A really big Thank You! to Amy for making the PDF files easy to download, just click on any template image.
To make the Message Box:(1) Print the template you choose onto white card-stock. If printing the Manilla box, write your “To” and “From” info before trimming and folding (in case you make a mistake in writing, you will not have already gone through all the assembly!) (2) Trim out the template, cutting notches and slices where marked. Score (press deep crease with dull pointed object) along all fold lines. Scoring is essential to the success of this project!(3) Fold along all fold creases. (4) & (5) Using double-stick tape or other paper adhesive, secure the under-lid flap and tuck and tape side panel flaps and flaps on the lid as shown.
(6) Use adhesive to attach the inside panel, slide into position and stick.(7) Punch holes in center of reinforcement circle graphic and add an eyelet if you’d like.(8) & (9) For the Manilla Message Box, cut out business card size (2″ x 3.5″) pieces of paper, cardboard, vintage ephemera, etc. and add a sentiment to each. Embellish with stickers and more. (10) For the Wallpaper box, simply cut out plain cardstock, write on each, and gather with the “Mother” wrap-around cut-out.
Finally, tie your box with ribbon or string and send along to your mom to let her know just how much she means to you!
BONUS FEATURE: You can use this craft for other purposes:
- Fill with 30 little notes for your friend who’s turning 30. 40 for 40, etc.
- Use as a file for business cards you pick up here and there.
- Make several boxes to organize small craft supplies.
- Before printing the wallpaper template, cover the wording with a white box to erase the type and add your own for another occasion or purpose.
- Use the basic template to create custom boxes for product packaging.
Pingback: Mini Cigar Box Template: Free Digital Downloads | Just Something I Made
Pingback: A Message Box for Father’s Day | Just Something I Made
Pingback: A Message Box for Mother’s Day | Just Something I Made « Mary's Creative Activities
Pingback: Printable Christmas Box, Cards, Tags and Labels | Just Something I Made
Pingback: W88 Casino
Pingback: Powerful Spells
Pingback: internet bağlantısı kopuyor
Pingback: microsoft exchange online plan 3
Pingback: Uni of dy
Pingback: download da versão pro
Pingback: บาคาร่า วอเลท
Pingback: บาคาร่า ขั้นต่ำ 5 บาท
Pingback: valid cvv shop
Pingback: DevOps Services Providers
Pingback: fun guy mushroom chocolate bars
Pingback: dmt psychedelic drugs
Pingback: New Town Locksmith