Ever worry that your blog readers stop at the end of your current page? Do they click on the OLDER POSTS link at the very bottom? I realized my blog page was loading pretty slowly for some readers because I have too many posts per page, but worried that if I shortened to only 15 posts per page that they wouldn’t go any further once they’d scrolled to the bottom. And there’s just so much more to see! So I put on my designer hat and went to work on a fun gadget for the very bottom of my page. I made extras for you and instructions on placing one- here’s how:
- Choose an image you want and either drag it off as is (small) or click to enlarge and drag or copy to your desktop or a file folder. (The pointer images are designed to point right at the words “Older Posts” when enlarged. Scroll to the bottom of my page to see what I mean.)
- Go to CUSTOMIZE on your blog.
- Choose ADD A GADGET on the very most bottom center of the page, (I have a standard blogger template, so it’s the very short and wide gadget box at the bottom.)
- Choose PICTURE.
- Leave the Title and Caption area blank.
- Un-click “Shrink to fit”.
- In the LINK area, paste the file or link to the image you chose.
- Step 7: For the image, BROWSE to the image you want to use.
- Step 8: Click SHRINK TO FIT and SAVE.
- Back on your CUSTOMIZE page, make sure it is the very top gadget of any other bottom-page gadgets you might have if using a gadget image with a pointing finger.
- Comment here and I will visit your blog and check out your new gadget, and of course, I’ll click on your older posts link!! freegadgets
For more FREE blog gadgets and buttons, CLICK HERE!
Pingback: More Email Buttons for your Blog! | Just Something I Made
Pingback: I Love Freebies « Pero Nunca