Ever worry that your blog readers stop at the end of your current page? Do they click on the OLDER POSTS link at the very bottom? I realized my blog page was loading pretty slowly for some readers because I have too many posts per page, but worried that if I shortened to only 15 posts per page that they wouldn’t go any further once they’d scrolled to the bottom. And there’s just so much more to see! So I put on my designer hat and went to work on a fun gadget for the very bottom of my page. I made extras for you and instructions on placing one- here’s how:
- Choose an image you want and either drag it off as is (small) or click to enlarge and drag or copy to your desktop or a file folder. (The pointer images are designed to point right at the words “Older Posts” when enlarged. Scroll to the bottom of my page to see what I mean.)
- Go to CUSTOMIZE on your blog.
- Choose ADD A GADGET on the very most bottom center of the page, (I have a standard blogger template, so it’s the very short and wide gadget box at the bottom.)
- Choose PICTURE.
- Leave the Title and Caption area blank.
- Un-click “Shrink to fit”.
- In the LINK area, paste the file or link to the image you chose.
- Step 7: For the image, BROWSE to the image you want to use.
- Step 8: Click SHRINK TO FIT and SAVE.
- Back on your CUSTOMIZE page, make sure it is the very top gadget of any other bottom-page gadgets you might have if using a gadget image with a pointing finger.
- Comment here and I will visit your blog and check out your new gadget, and of course, I’ll click on your older posts link!! freegadgets
For more FREE blog gadgets and buttons, CLICK HERE!