Where Are My Glasses?

Having rimless eyeglasses are great for viewing through, but I have to find where I set them first -they are virtually invisible. All the eyeglass holders/chains I’ve found to buy have rubber loops that are made for thicker arms. Mine are extremely thin and the bands fall right off. So this morning I dug through my jewelry box and found a neckace I bought at Kohl’s years ago on clearance and that I never wear. A little disassembly work and I made a basic chain out of it.

My daughter had a bag of extra ortho bands for use with braces, so I figure if they can stand up to a kid’s mouth they will probably hold my glasses.
I threaded the bands through some wire crimp beads, crimped and attached to the chain with jump rings.
Now I know where my glasses are..around my neck.

10 Responses to Where Are My Glasses?

1. #1 - Anonymous says:

You are a genious!
    Caryn

2. #2 - Emmy Lou says:

fabulous. and I can see why you bought the necklace in the first place, very nice

3. #3 - Rozi says:

That’s pretty cool, much prettier than the standard holders. Btw Cathe, I linked you to my blog and gave you an award 🙂

4. #4 - Amanda says:

Love this!

I made my way here from Design mom, and I will be staying for a while! I love your posts!

5. #5 - Rosie says:

Thanks so much!! What a great blog… I've been absorbing inspiration for half an hour now!

6. #6 - Janna says:

I just started a new job and I keep putting my glasses down where I can’t find them! I am SO making one of these! So pretty!

7. #7 - Gloria says:

What a great idea and it also looks so much nicer than the ones you can buy at the store too. I want to make some for myself. Thank you for sharing this idea.
    You have sooo many great DIY projects here on your blog. Just found you and I’m having a blast browsing…

8. #8 - Moira says:

what a find. just come across this great idea. I have a few friends who would love these chains. so much better than the ones in the opticians. now, just have to source the ortho bands. xx

9. #9 - Susan Perry says:

Hi, I am on a quest to find nearly invisible eyeglass chains that will stay fastened to even a thin arm on my reading glasses….can you help?!

10. #10 - Jamie Moore says:

I like this. Thank you for posting.
    I am going to try and make me one. I ride horses and can’t seem to keep my glassed from falling off my nose when I ride.