Simple Finds: Clothespin Clamps

Who would have thought a simple clothespin would be blogworthy? Well, me.

I found a bag of plastic, rubber-tipped clothespins in the laundry-care aisle at Target a while back and I don’t know how I ever lived without them. I use these little guys for everything from sealing food bags to clamping craft projects. Last night I was trying to hold some breakable glass slide frames together to tape with precision and they came in so handy as gentle little clamps. They are so much better than using wooden clothespins because of their non-slip tips.

I searched the internet for a good product shot, but there were none. Though as memory serves, they were around $2-$3 for about 2 dozen. I’ll update this post with the correct info next time I go to Target. In the meantime, if you find yourself in the aisle with the hangers and irons, look for the little clear bag of these babies. You’ll find so many uses for them!

By the way, here is my finished accordion-slide-girlfriend-vintage-thingy I made last night using the clamps.

I’m making this a midnight post today as my girls and I are heading out at the crack of dawn to the Semi-Annnual Petaluma Antique Street Faire! I’ll be sure to take lots of photos!

UPDATE!
Wonderful Laurie left this helpful comment:

I read your post this morning and ended up in this aisle at Target this afternoon! I found the clips-pack of 20 for $2.99. They look to be a great size!
I’m in agreement with some of the other comments, I love your project! I finished organizing my craft supplies today and look forward to being able to create when I’m inspired by your blog. Thanks for sharing!
~Laurie

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Simple Finds: Clothespin Clamps

1. #1 - Kecia says:

I LOVE the girlfriends photos; can you give a quick run-down on how you made them? BTW, are these photos of your girlfriends? You have given me inspiration for an awesome Christmas present!! Thanks!

2. #2 - w says:

that accordian slide is awesome.

as are the clips. i use my clips to cut off the circulation in my fingers when i get bored. it’s neat watching pink turn to blue and vice-versa.

3. #3 - Christie Cottage says:

ANother wonderfully written story and beautiful finished “Girlfriends” project.

I’ve used the plastic, rubber tipped clothespins for about 2 years. They are wonderful, especially when a large clamp is too big. I used them to hold velcro down as the adhesive dries. The wooden clothespins would have glued to the velcro. We use them for chip bags and I also use them as paperclips, when I don’t want any crimping.

I purchased mine at the Dollar Tree. When they are not in use, I clip them on the side of my wire mesh paint shelf.

4. #4 - Cathe Holden says:

Hi Kecia.

The photos are digital files I found on Etsy. The slides are old Kodak slide things I found a few cases of years ago and have been waiting for a way to use them. I am making ornaments, standing displays- like the girlfriends, etc. I tossed the boxes the slide things came in or I would tell you what they were called exactly. I taped them together with extremely sticky metal tape used for soldering projects. Thanks for asking.

5. #5 - ladybug1024 says:

~Laurie

6. #6 - High Desert Diva says:

What a great idea for these glass tiles! I sell them in my supply shop, but haven’t seen anyone do anything similar.

How would you feel about me posting your pics (and blog link) on my blog?
    cmanley@communitybroadband.com