DIY Jewelry: Cufflink Pendant

During my ebay-deer-head search for my studio decor, I came across these fabulous cufflinks. I hadn’t yet purchased my little cordless Dremel, so this project involved cutters, wire benders, and a hammer. I snipped off the back hardware leaving just a bit to wrap a gold plated eyepin around. Placing the cufflink on a thick towel (to avoid damaging the deer) I hammered down the cut area over the wrapped eyepin. If I had a Dremel at the time, I would have cut off the back hardware altogether and drilled through the top of the plaque. I added a jump ring and a thrift-store chain (14K for $2!). Now I match my studio!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to DIY Jewelry: Cufflink Pendant

1. #1 - Tricia says:

I love this! So fun! The wood grain background reminds me of my childhood – remember when every house had that stuff somewhere? Who’s going to get the twin? You won’t be selling it by any chance 😉

2. #2 - Mistie says:

i love this! i have been wanting something like this for so long. Really nice!

3. #3 - KanaAzuki says:

Do you have a link to the seller? I would really love to make one of these (or two since they come as a set).

4. #4 - Cathe Holden says:

Hi KanaAzuki- These particular vintage deer head cuff links are not that easy to find it turns out. I've been looking for more, found another pair on ebay recently but that took a lot of searching for a long time. However, if you're not completely set on deer heads like these, try searching for other cool vintage cuff links that you can alter on ebay or even Etsy. Let me know if you find any!

5. #5 - KanaAzuki says: