Globe Bowl and Pretty Pins

Last Summer I picked up an old, out-dated globe at the thrift store. You’d be surprised how difficult it was to saw it in half. Well, it sat in my craft shed up until last night. I’ve been coming down with something and although having no energy, I still felt crafty. So out with the Mod Podge, old torn book, Martha Stewart 1″ craft punch and the German glitter.

Now I have two fun bowls and no idea what to do with them. Ha!

While I had the Mod Podge and glitter out, I rolled a few bulletin board pins in the glue, covered in the glitter left-overs, poked them into some corks and took them outside to dry. There, pretty pins.

19 Responses to Globe Bowl and Pretty Pins

1. #1 - Rosebud Collection says:

Now that is clever..I like the look and the pins are beautiful..Hope you are feeling better.

2. #2 - Randi says:

I love the globe bowls and the pins! Very cool!

3. #3 - Hilary says:

Both very very cool. I admire people who have imagination and are creative, and you most surely are.

These look great.

4. #4 - Karma by Morgan says:

yea I can imagine that the globe would be difficult – great job!

5. #5 - Desirai says:

Lovely as always! Sorry to hear you haven’t been feeling well. Get well soon.

6. #6 - amycornwell says:

You’re so creative, I’m amazed at the things that you come up with! Keep the posts coming!

7. #7 - lieblingartcrafts says:

I love your globe bowls! How inventive, glad you didn’t ruin them while sawing.

8. #8 - cally says:

i love you.

9. #9 - Gwynie says:

that looks fabulous! you did a great job! so beautiful!

10. #10 - gilstrapdesigns says:

I love the idea about the globe I have one I had gotten at a thrift store and I just love it. How did you saw it with a hand saw? Can you thing of an easier way. I love it.

11. #11 - gilstrapdesigns says:

Here I am I must had done something wrong. Anyway I love the idea with the globe.

12. #12 - Diane@InMyOwnStyle says:

I love globes and can't throw them out because they are so visually stimulating with all the colors of the countries, this is a great use for them. I love seeing creativity at its best. I found you thru Mod Podge Rocks post. I love your blog, wish I could have been at Blissdom to meet you and add one more crafter blogger to the ranks there.

13. #13 - photo canvas says:

You can now have the photos that mean the most to you enlarged and printed onto canvas,
    Here at u2canvas we will Create your own personalised photos on canvas and canvas prints and photo gifts and now with a large choice of ready made unique canvas prints only available at u2canvas online
    from as little as 6.99
    buy one get one free offers available

14. Pingback: Sparkly Glitter pins for an Escort Card Display at a Wedding | Rex & Regina's Blog

15. Pingback: Pimp That Globe | Furious Shirley

16. #14 - Madeline Aroney says:

Hey

I was wondering If you sold those globe bowls, r they fairly small like hand held size ones?

Is it possible to buy 200 or so?

Kind regards

Madeline

17. #15 - kathy valadez says:

I am loving everything I see on your site!! I found you by looking up “pantry labels” and am thrilled! I don’t know which project I love the most, the shrinky dinks or the globe or all the printables, but I am fascinated by your talent. I will be following you forever (not in a stalking-kind-of-way….) Thank you for sharing your talent.

18. Pingback: Crafts 2 « Kate1975's Blog